PDA

View Full Version : Contract Pilots

bigruss
22nd Mar 2007, 02:22
I am wondering if this forum is a good way to get in touch with contract helicopter pilots for specific tasks in northern australia. The tasks I have in mind require a competent pilot with at least 1000 hrs turbine and hook experience. I am wondering about things like money, availability, pilot requirements. I have no immediate requirement and am just making enquiries to hopefully assemble a data base of people I could work with. If you do this work and are interested could you contact me please.
bigruss

HeliAlbert
22nd Mar 2007, 05:21
Hi there BIG Russ :8

I read your thread with interest today and wouldn't mind going onto your data base provided that you are able to supply a bit of background on your company, experience and the number/type of turbine machines currently in operation. Seems like you have a big operation there Russ.

At the moment I am currently working in the Middle-East on contract work at US$500/hour but may be interested in working back in Australia if the conditions were right. I would also be interested in finding out exactly what "specific tasks" you had in mind (I hope they are all legal).:mad:

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Al

76Pilot
22nd Mar 2007, 14:51
Hey Al

I don't know why any pilot with a 1000+ turbine hours would want to work in northern australia. I know a couple of guys who worked in Katherine for a while and the conditions and pay there were pretty shocking. If you are interested I can put you in touch with a couple of good contacts in southern australia.
Cheers
BernieB

Scissorlink
22nd Mar 2007, 20:03
Hey HeliAlbert,

What do you have to do to get $500/hr US ??????? Not flying a Black 530F by any chance ??

SL

AlternPilot
24th Mar 2007, 02:03
Hey 76Pilot
I think you overestimated this flight time:hmm:, I would be interested. I got my FAA Commercial, IR and CFI and have more than 1000 h total time in turbine helicopters (military time), and I'd never thought that it would be so difficult to get a job. So, BIGRUSS if you want contact me.

AP

burger
26th Mar 2007, 10:10
Bigruss, I have more than your min requirements and am interested drop me an [email protected]

Helicopspeeder
26th Mar 2007, 10:41
Me too, send me a P.M. if you like. I spent 8 years flying in the Top End.
Regards,
Helicopspeeder.