PDA

View Full Version : North American schedules

cedarman
22nd Mar 2007, 01:41
Hello first post. Could anybody please let me know the routes out of JFK and Chicago freighter only. How long are the crews gone. what is a typical month schedule out of the two bases. I am coming from Canada. Thankyou

cedarman
23rd Mar 2007, 01:44
anybody at all :)

barntrash
23rd Mar 2007, 08:43
Most FO's in LAX, and JFK ( I think ORD is relief and CA only), but the rest of us do about 2, 5-7 day trips a month. Lax-anc-hkg and back. 17-19 days off. pretty good deal I think, all the whining not withstanding:)

bribo757
23rd Mar 2007, 12:28
the jfk flights operate non-stop to anchorage a few days per week
(the inbound comes through YYZ), and through ORD the other days
(the inbound non-stop from anc).
later this year ORD will be non-stop to and from anc 5 ish days
a week and jfk will be non-stop to anc with the inbound coming
through yzz a few days a week.
all new f/o's are jfk/lax/anc based. ord has not be given in a few
years. they cover ord with the 5 ish f/o's who are based there and
the pilots with ord prefered port (ie. they are jfk based but prefer
to operate out of ord). that could lead to a trip that begins in jfk
and ends in ord.
as stated in previous post, generally two, 5-7 day trips per month.
leaving late first day, 24 hours in anc then onto hkg for 24 hours
and back the same way. really nice airplanes, crews and trips.

cedarman
24th Mar 2007, 01:51
Thankyou both for the info. As well what kind of time did you have and how long have you been on with cx. Did you guys/gals move or commute. I am very interested in cx and my times hopefully should get some notice oneday:ok:

bribo757
24th Mar 2007, 02:09
i commute. most pilots do. ZED tickets after 6 months. ($20-30$usd)
i had alot of total time and jet PIC. been at cx just under a year.
most new hires have more that 4000 total with some jet PIC
or alot of right seat jet time.

barntrash
24th Mar 2007, 04:05
I also had lots of jet time, MD80, and a few hundred pic on RJ's and props.I think that 4000 hours of "good" time will get you an interview, I am no Einstien and I made it.:) The commute from DFW is ok, cheap on Southwest or on a pass on AA or UA to LAX.

Good luck

Chuychanga
24th Mar 2007, 16:08
Barntrash,
I know DFW is not a base and wouldn't be available for new-hires anyway, but do you think it will eventually be a base? If so, any ideas how far down the road that might be? Are there many commuters from Texas?

cedarman
24th Mar 2007, 19:41
Thanks for all the feedback everybody. It sounds like the majority of you are quite happy on the freighter. Right on, nice to hear someone not complaining.

barntrash
26th Mar 2007, 16:24
Well as far as DFW being a base eventually, it depends on who you ask. It is not a terminating station like ATL,JFK, and LAX, so until it is.....prob not a base. However, once you make relief command after~1 year, then the company will start and end most of your trips in DFW, as you will deadhead, er PX to ANC for the pacific crossing. Good because you don't have to commute , or at least not much, bad because you tend to work more days. Give it a go, I like it here, everywhere has it's downside, but CX is A STABLE place to work, especially nowadays.

see ya

Pogie
2nd Apr 2007, 08:24
Most junior ORD guy is a relief FO hired June 2004.