PDA

View Full Version : Korean

320aviat
22nd Mar 2007, 01:21
Hi guys I would appreciate if anyone could give me some info on KOREAN FO recruitment.

1.requirment?
2.payscale?
3.career progression?
4.basing?

Any feedback is very much appreciated.any recomended websites that i kan get any info from?Thank You

airbus2boeing
22nd Mar 2007, 02:16
1. 500 hours on type and be able to speak (and spell):rolleyes: in English.

2. US$8500/month + per diem

3. None; the contract of local pilots are not allowing upgrades for Expats.

4. You can be base on any city that they go to.

Capt Chambo
22nd Mar 2007, 02:40
airbus2boeing would you mind letting us know which agency is paying $8500pcm for F/Os, and for which fleet are we talking?
I am curious as DECs on the B737NG "only" getting about the same money. (Less with some agencies!)

airbus2boeing
22nd Mar 2007, 04:30
I don't mind. Here it is http://www.gapaviation.com/koreanair/paykal.html.
$8500/month is for 747 fleet.
I know that rishworth have a better deal, they pay $9000/month.

Capt Chambo
22nd Mar 2007, 06:14
Thanks. I think there may be some confusion creeping in here. Gap Aviation and others are looking for both Captains and F/O's. The GAP website though only shows the salaries for Captains. The lower scale is effective whilst you are training, then you move to the higher scale. This is the same for the three other agencies that I have details from, although the amounts vary.
I would be very interested in the rates of pay that are being offered to F/Os if anyone has any information.

CC

320aviat
22nd Mar 2007, 14:07
airbus2boeing,i really appreciate your feedback but as what capt chambo said if im not mistaken thats the salary for captains while on training and then fully online(correct me if im wrong).i would like to know the requirements for FO,payscale and career progression.any one with any idea?thank you

airbus2boeing
22nd Mar 2007, 14:58
Okay, listen and read carefully. I recieved the FO contract from KAL through Gap aviation and it's NOT published on their website.
Capt Chambo;
You asked me what agency is paying $8500 for FO, and I gave you their website.

320aviat;
I gave you the answers to all your questions and if you don't want to believe me, that is your choice.

airbus2boeing
22nd Mar 2007, 15:09
P.S.

The Korean FO contract is fresh from the press. Only the qualified candidates recieved it for the past couple of days. I'm just trying to be nice for sharing it with fellow PPruners.

320aviat
23rd Mar 2007, 02:35
airbus2boeing,
chill bro......anyway thank you for your information...really appreciate it....Happy Flying:)

b747godfather
23rd Mar 2007, 04:07
to capt chambo and 320 aviat...

only for qualified B747-400 f/o's with 500 hours on type

Salary: US$8,260 tax paid per month ($8,420 without insurance) / $6,160 ($6,320) during training. $90 per hour over 75 hrs / month (paid off-shore)

Joining Bonus: $3,000 paid to First Officer after successful completion of line training / line check

Per Diem: US$2 to US$4 per hr / varies per destination

Days Off: 9 continuous days per month at nominated home
Base / plus commuting days (add 2 days leave = 11 continuous days per month)

Annual Leave: 2 days per month (24 days per annum) / taken monthly or up to 7 days together in any 1 month

I hope this answers your questions..

Capt Chambo
23rd Mar 2007, 07:14
Thanks b747godfather. A supplementary question if I may. Which agency(s) are you quoting from?
Particularly interested as I have been offered a position as a DEC on the B737.
CC

320aviat
23rd Mar 2007, 08:29
b747godfather,

thanx a lot for your info.really appreciate your feedback,very informative......:)

No Galah
23rd Mar 2007, 10:42
If you’re thinking of going to Korean Air, this little gem might give you some interesting insight into what sort of company you’re dealing with.

As part of the selection process one of the documents you will be asked for is a “No Flight accident Certificate” from the aviation authority of your country.

Mine came back with a record of a single incident as follows :

“ACFT ON LANDING ROLL RWY 04 R AF.STRUCK BY GALAH.”

It listed injuries as “nil” (not including the Galah!) and aircraft damage “nil”.

Now I can’t blame the Koreans for not knowing what a Galah is, but all Australians will know that it is an iconic and colourful Australian bird – about the size of a domestic crow. (Its also an Australian colloquialism for an idiot. The irony of being nuked in a job application by a bunch of Galahs has given me a good chuckle)

I explained that I couldn’t remember this “incident” because it apparently occurred in 1978. On consulting my logbook entry for that date I discovered that the flight in question was in fact a navigation exercise for my private pilot’s license, (in a Piper Cherokee) and that I was not in fact the pilot in command of that flight (I logged it as dual) and that my total aeronautical experience at the time was around 68 hours.

I sent them a link to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau’s website (the authors of my "incident" report) where there was a quite comprehensive file with information on the Galah, revealing that it ranks as number 5 on the hazard ranking of the 20 most frequently struck birds by Australian aircraft.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2004/pdf/06_galahs.pdf

I also pointed out that 29 years and more than 15,000 hours later I had not had a single incident or accident recorded against me.

Their answer?

“They have cancelled the interview on the grounds of your No Accident report.”

The only reason I was interested in the job was because KAL are the only airline operating a direct flight to the town to which I commute (not in Australia). It would have made my commuting a lot easier, but it was going to be a pay cut from my present job in Japan. I applied for a job in Korea against all the advice from colleagues who have worked previously in Korea.

I would have saved myself a lot of wasted time if I'd taken their advice.

b747godfather
23rd Mar 2007, 14:54
CCL, rishworth is almost the same...

I heard they are now choosing candidates...all the best:ok:

ELAC
23rd Mar 2007, 21:47
CCL, rishworth is almost the same...

Not to anybody who has had dealings with them!

John Hitch at CCL may be one of the very few contractors who gets a positive review from the people who work through him. Rishworth on the other hand ...

No Galah
24th Mar 2007, 00:01
Well, I have to commend James Rye from CCL for his efforts on my behalf. He went beyond the call of duty to try to sort this out.

No complaints there.

hamil
24th Mar 2007, 06:17
Is it true that some guys on B777 were fired after their final line check? I heard around 5 south-american captains...

sec 3
24th Mar 2007, 06:44
Good Day Gents. Could somebody give me a contact for the CCL Agency please?:rolleyes:

4PW's
24th Mar 2007, 07:44
Guys,

Not only should you choose whether or not to go to KAL, if offered the job, you should be very mindful of which agency you go through.

John Hitch is an ex-aviator, hard worker, tireless campaigner for your cause and true gentleman.

Though I used Gap Aviation and have no qualms there, I urge everyone to avoid Rishworth like the plague they are.

By all means, do your homework and choose whomsoever you think is best for your circumstances; just be very mindful of what you're doing.

Reasonable job on paper, though from the inside it is not good in any way, shape or form other than the ticket out each month.

All that glitters is not gold.

No Galah
24th Mar 2007, 16:38
Here's a contact for CCL. I suspect [email protected] will work.

[email protected]

James Rye proved to be a gentleman.

Why they don't have a website is a mystery.

ELAC
24th Mar 2007, 18:51
I would also strongly recommend avoiding Euro-Pacific at all costs ... Skinny's word is worth nothing and he will screw you out of what is yours if he get's a chance.

fullforward
26th Mar 2007, 20:44
Yes!
All of them with impeccable professional records for 30 or more years...check pilots, fleet managers...not enough for KAL

j-p744
28th Mar 2007, 07:45
Could you 4PW`s explain me eventually in pm , what are the real problems you are encountering flying for KAL...
And what is wrong with Risworth?

Thanks