PDA

View Full Version : American mech in Europe

Bry78
21st Mar 2007, 18:54
Hi everyone.
I am an experienced, U.S. A&P licensed helicopter technician working in the Middle East. In the next couple of years I'd like to attempt to find a job in Europe, especially eastern Europe.
What are my chances of being able to do this? Are there any employers that I should send a CV to?
I appreciate any help.

Fully Articulated
21st Mar 2007, 19:22
Hello Bry78, what types are you experienced on?

Cheers,
FA

Bry78
21st Mar 2007, 20:37
Hi,

I'm experienced on Eurocopter BK117, EC135, AS365 and 355, as well as Agusta A109E and some AII. I'm working on some Bell 214ST's currently, but I still haven't worked on them long enough to consider myself experienced on them.
I have a good bit of overhaul experience, as well as experience on the line and in the hangar.

Thanks,

Bryon

Fully Articulated
21st Mar 2007, 21:01
214ST, I heard it is an impressive machine. I have a little experience working with the B model.

Are you looking for a touring position or a permanently based Eastern European job? Are you think along the lines of Baku, Azerbaijan?

Cheers,
FA

Bry78
22nd Mar 2007, 13:15
Hi FA,

Yeah, these 214ST's are pretty heavy duty machines. They're very powerful. It's almost more powerful than it needs to be. We do a lot of hoisting of harbor pilots on and off of tankers, so single engine performance is vital.
Baku sounds like it may be interesting. I really don't know much about it. I'm use to living in Muslim countries, so that's no big deal. My dream job would be somewhere like Poland, Czech, Lithuania, etc, but I'm always open to options.

Regards,

Bryon