PDA

View Full Version : Twinjet

future G-V driver
20th Jan 2006, 10:40
Hi,

Can any person please provide details of the above operation. I have an interview as a A319CJ Captain.

Salary, T & C

What the co is like, fun, interesting etc

Plans for the future, more a/c, BBJ, GV etc

Thanks in advance for any info

Shockwaves
12th Apr 2006, 16:55
Twinjet are advertising today in flight for Challenger 604 crew. Can anyone tell me anything about this company? What they are like to work for? Pay? Conditions etc?

Many thanks. S

chandlers dad
14th Apr 2006, 05:05
Are they UK reg or Bermuda or ??

Saw someone in the middle east looking for experienced 604 crew but the guy they are flying is difficult to work with. Hired and fired at least 20 pilots in the last 2 years.

CD

Fried_Chicken
15th Apr 2006, 01:11
Didn't Twinjet previously operate a CL604 for a large shipping company a few years back?

I believe their (TWJ) current fleet is two A319CJ (one for sale & one being outfitted in Hamburg) & two ERJ135 Legacies

FC

FLEXJET
15th Apr 2006, 09:50
Is the VIP 727 P4-SKI still with Twinjet ?

LGW Vulture
15th Apr 2006, 11:33
Nope, it isn't...!

flyboyike
17th Apr 2006, 00:02

Speaking of VIP 727s, I applied to be F/O on 727 P4-JLD and was told I needed 2000 Turbine ME PIC or 800FE to fly the panel. This despite the fact that my Dad knows the owner of the airplane and I am of the same ethnic origin as the other pilots. I was given insurance requirements as the reason for the minima. A few months later I found out they're self-insured.

Pilocol
17th Apr 2006, 09:33
Is not P4-SKI ... Some problems in Beirut..
Now is HZ-SKI ... Going down????:\

Daifly
17th Apr 2006, 09:51
Speaking of VIP 727s, I applied to be F/O on 727 P4-JLD and was told I needed 2000 Turbine ME PIC or 800FE to fly the panel. This despite the fact that my Dad knows the owner of the airplane and I am of the same ethnic origin as the other pilots. I was given insurance requirements as the reason for the minima. A few months later I found out they're self-insured.

Not sure I understand the rationale behind your argument. Just because an aircraft owner provides the insurance it doesn't remove any hours restrictions which the underwriters might stipulate.

As for your belief that being of the same ethnic origin as the rest of the crew (not sure I understand the relevance of that? ever heard of CRM?) and that your Dad knows the owner guarantees you a job in the RHS, I think you might need to have a moment of reality...

flyboyike
17th Apr 2006, 11:47
As for your belief that being of the same ethnic origin as the rest of the crew (not sure I understand the relevance of that? ever heard of CRM?) and that your Dad knows the owner guarantees you a job in the RHS, I think you might need to have a moment of reality...

Nothing guarantees anything. But one would think a common language besides English would help. As for CRM, I bet I've heard a good deal more about it than you have.

checklist69
17th Apr 2006, 13:10
Nothing guarantees anything. But one would think a common language besides English would help. As for CRM, I bet I've heard a good deal more about it than you have.
S-NLB, I think. Not worthy of response.

:yuk:

'69

flyboyike
17th Apr 2006, 13:28
S-NLB, I think.

What's S-NLB?

Daifly
17th Apr 2006, 16:09
Wasn't really spoiling for a fight, merely pointing out that nepotism doesn't really work much these days (apart from in BA).

Don't know what S-NLB is, but I'm pretty much hoping it's nothing too un-PC...

checklist69
17th Apr 2006, 20:50
Seems like you two have kissed & made up, so no point explaining S-NLB. Irrelevant now ;)

:)

'69

janusz
20th Apr 2006, 19:44
If anybody is still interested in the thread, I believe Twinjet would be prepared to pay in the region of £68,000 pa for a 604 Captain. I do not know who owns the aircraft but as is their way, it will probably do a lot of ad hoc charter work at short notice. Seems they are becoming increasingly desperate as they now state their willingness to type rate.

I have heard mixed reports as to what they are like to work for but mostly not positive.

They apparently used to operate a Challenger that belonged to P&O (a shipping company!!)

flyboyike
20th Apr 2006, 19:51
If anybody is still interested in the thread, I believe Twinjet would be prepared to pay in the region of £68,000 pa for a 604 Captain.

Any need for an F/O?

RAFAT
20th Apr 2006, 22:54
Making jet time a requirement is a little daft. Airlines such as Virgin do it, but that is simply to provide an additional filter in the recruitment process to cut down on applicants, which doesn't appear to be a problem for Twinjet. It's not as if the CL604 is a heavy aeroplane either. Twinjet's HR people probably just need to a little reality check in the current recruitment market.

Bugcrusher
21st Apr 2006, 05:25
I disagree, if I were lucky enough to buy my own jet I sure would like to know that my pilots had jet experience, could save me a lot of money.

Aslak
21st Mar 2007, 08:39
Anyone care to comment on Twinjet in London.
They have been looking for 604 guys for permanent/contract employment for a long time now...
Are they adding new a/c all the time or are the continiously loosing pilots?

Bus_Bar
21st Mar 2007, 10:02
Adding more aircraft...

LRdriver II
21st Mar 2007, 12:49
Anybody have any details about them?.... currently a JAA/FAA 604 captain living next to stansted and am considering a job change.

Bus_Bar
21st Mar 2007, 15:48
Good, solid operation. Well paid I believe and good Terms and conditions.

http://www.twinjet.co.uk/careers.htm

Try here, they are recruiting.

merlinxx
24th Mar 2007, 09:14
Twinjet are a very good bunch from John K. & Steve W. down. Try them, you'll be welcomed I'm sure.

markwheety
24th Mar 2007, 11:49
Twinjet is becoming a place to work. Change is happening fast and it be fair to say that they are having growing pains but no different from everyone else in the industry. Everyone there will paint a true picture of what is going on and that is refreshing as by doing this you can put the problems right.....

There is a great bunch of people at the place and the flight operations management especially are working hard to bring the best qualities of working for an airline to a GA operator. However, overall even within the company, a team is developing and working well together.

The crew are not exposed to most of the goings ons as the management will fight your corner if there is an issue. Rosters are produced but the nature of the work means it is hard to predict what is going to happen. However, many agreements are being introduced to make things better and combat commercial pressure so you also have a life. Its not perfect yet but it is improving every day little by little.

It has a long road ahead to fix and implement all that needs doing but the resources, backing and the interest from clients to put aircraft with the company means it has a future. This is one of the reasons many of the staff are sticking with it. Other job offers are about for all current staff, but knowing how hard everyone is and has been working makes it all at the moment worth while.

StressFree
20th Jan 2008, 12:53
So markwheety, a year on what do you think now?????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comments?

:}

Flintstone
20th Jan 2008, 16:40
Is that embalming fluid I can smell?

Touchdown
20th Jan 2008, 22:26
Stressfree... How many comments would you like??

And Another thing!!!!!!..........

StressFree
23rd Jan 2008, 05:41
Flintstone,
You cynical old thing - you're not suggesting something has died are you??? Can't imagine why........:E

Touchdown,
Hmmmmm I think I know who you are :eek:

Seems like Markwheety is staying rather quiet - gone are the gushing compliments about this firm - perhaps he's rather embarassed to have got it all so wrong :rolleyes:

kitekruncher
23rd Jan 2008, 10:30
Markwheety must be back in the closet hiding....

Flintstone
23rd Jan 2008, 12:59
Flintstone,
You cynical old thing - you're not suggesting something has died are you???

I was thinking more along the lines of thread exhumation. Burke and Hare!:E

StressFree
23rd Jan 2008, 16:37
Flinty,
Translation needed old chap - whats a 'Burke and Hare', forgive my ignorance. Thread brought back to life by popular demand in 'certain' circles........ please give generously, this is a good cause :eek:

Also Kitekruncher whats all this about a 'closet' - sounds dodgy to me, something you want to share with us? Perhaps not - it may be unpalatable :E

Hmmmm, all very suspect :yuk:

FerrypilotDK
24th Jan 2008, 00:15
If the forum writers all seem to know something, but no one writes anythng other than innuendo....well....it is hard to get a grip on things. From all the somewhat snide comments, I get the impression that the company is either gone out of business (although they are advertising) or is so terrible to work for, that no one would consider them. So what is it all you people in the know? Those of us who are not, would like to be, before sending an application off!

Breathlessly waiting for "the word."

Stockholm

Flintstone
24th Jan 2008, 08:38
Sorry Stress Free, I'm getting a bit cryptic in my old age :confused:

Burke and Hare were bodysnatchers who opened up fresh graves and sold the bodies. I thought they were well known but obviously I've been reading the 'wrong' sort of books :E

By the way, I was referring solely to the thread itself with no comment on the company involved about whom I know absolutely nothing. Here's a quick link for the edjimacation of anyone who's interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burke_and_Hare

pilotbear
24th Jan 2008, 09:51
Flinty,:=
trust you to stir up trouble where there wasn't any:E:ouch:

markwheety
24th Jan 2008, 16:59
Hi all

Been keeping quiet as not been on the site for a while!

Im not embarassed by the situation at Twinjet, more completely dissapointed.

We came so far until around July / August last year and were making head way. For the first time in years we had an excellent reputation with the CAA and were doing things by the book and properly and business was growing at a record rate.

And Now.....

Due to the normal crap at the top with management refusing too actually make decisions and invest in their staff the spiral of decline has begun...

More crew than ever before are leaving and management still dont think the problem is with them. They will need a building on its own to store the archived crew fiiles soon!!! It is purely banging you head against a brick wall trying to talk to any of them.

Most staff are miserable and are desperate to leave, amazingly most dont work there for the goodness of their health but to make a living (Top tip if management ever read this!!) and still the management rely on favours and goodwill. What favours you did yesterday, was yesterday and thats that and screw you if you want one in return. Management dont really know this, because they dont speak to their staff and when they do they go off on a :mad: detour.

I know the GA industry generally has the same type of operators but until October this year everone was sticking with it at Twinjet, then the mass exit began with people losing faith that all promises from earlier in teh year were empty.

They are losing the chief pilot (the best they have had - a guy with more experience than most and one they should start listening too before its too late) but they are arrogant enough to believe again that the problem is his. They get the hopes up of others they are suitable to be chief pilot when they are not... I would not be surprised if they asked one of the cabin to be chief pilot next!!

They have lost all but 2 of the crew on one fleet, and the other fleet is losing crew fast. Only one fleet in the company is stable as it is the only fleet which has ever been crewed at the minimum level of crew.

And the future....

Twinjet stand a chance if they do start to listen. Im not saying it will be with the current staff, they like high turnover of staff as they see it as a way of not having to pay increases in wages... However, when management were asked if they ever incorporate the training, recruitment and admin costs of recruiting a new pilot / staff member into their yearly budget... the room went silient. :mad: idiots.

They do now have a new CEO and hopefully he will stop this spiral of decline... In fact he should hit his targets as the company has hit rock bottom, so the only way is up!!!

As for me, I am one who has left for pastures new now, my time of waking up in the middle of the night worrying about things is over. So did I get it wrong with my comments a year ago? No I dont think so like others in the company, I believed that Twinjet actually wanted to grow and do things right. Its more naivety on my part.

And in finishing...

The other half asked me yesterday would I go back if offered

the response....

would I :mad:, I have learnt that lesson!! :rolleyes:

Touchdown
24th Jan 2008, 18:27
Flinty,
trust you to stir up trouble where there wasn't any

Well, maybe there is - I think Flinty could have been speaking about the company or the thread! Either way it looks like he was right!! :D

Flintstone
24th Jan 2008, 18:49
Well, maybe there is - I think Flinty could have been speaking about the company or the thread! Either way it looks like he was right!!

I was referring solely to the thread itself with no comment on the company

Oh no you don't! I'm quite capable of getting myself into a scrap without being dragged into this one :sad:

Touchdown
24th Jan 2008, 19:08
Sorry Flinty, I was not dragging you anywhere, merely suggesting that you accidentally hit the nail on its proverbial head as it turns out!! Are you psychic maybe?

Either way, it appears that they have lost a lot of pilots recently and noticing that they are constantly advertising for more, things are not looking good there at the moment. Maybe if they listen to the people at the bottom of the food chain (their pilots) they might have a fighting chance. I imagine they could be a very good company again if the management and bean counters will allow it. Seems like they have to gain a lot of faith and trust first though. :ugh:

twinjetter
24th Jan 2008, 21:37
My name should really be EX-twinjetter, but I like it, so it's stuck.

Mark. Good to hear your response. A well put defence to the less worthy banter about what is without doubt a most serious matter to those involved.

I was one of the first of what is apparently a growing groundswell who jumped without knowing what was at the bottom. I was fortunate to have a soft landing.

I am not posting to either flame or defend TWJ. I can name many committed professionals there who I consider it a pleasure to have known and worked with.

I can also name a much smaller but significantly more influencial group of people who care for only one thing; themselves. These few are killing (perhaps have already killed?) a great little company that did once have the potential to go far.

I wish most of those left behind to muddle on through all the very best; but be warned the exodus is by no means complete. Sadly, those who don't deserve to be saved will be the first ones pushing their way to the lifeboats when it all starts to sink; whilst the good guys stoically play "Nearer My God to Thee...." on deck 'til they dissappear beneath the swell.......

All I can say by way of solace to the band is that there really IS life after TWJ.

Cheers

EX - TWJ

markwheety
25th Jan 2008, 15:44
Adding to my post from the other night there was one thing I did forget to say which is the opinions are completely my own.

I have no grudge with Twinjet and its staff and the opinions I have formed have been through personal experience. Like Twinjetter, some of the staff there have been the best I could have ever imagined to work with!

I just disagree with some of their practises and some of the issues. I did not respond to the post to get into a slagging match about the company, more to inform people what to expect at the current time but times change in AVIATION fast and thus so can Twinjet. Yes my opinions are strong but so is humble pie, and hopefully within a year I can be writing that all I know about Twinjet is completely wrong!

What is said here its up to you to make up your own opinions and ideas. Just because it did not work out for me does not mean it would not work out for you!! Thus those of you I know who are thinking about putting in an application... make up your own mind!

I have previously worked for a company which others slated to death on a similar website to this, but of which I found completely enjoyable and if it was not for the fact that they did eventually go bust, I probably would still be there.

I know other companies out there which could be considered as more or less favourable once compared to Twinjet in my opinion but as stated make up your own minds!!

:D

twinjetter
25th Jan 2008, 19:53
Re-reading both mine and MarkW's recent posts, and based on (too) many visits to this forum, I know we could replace TWJ's name with any one of a hundred others in this area of our industry.

TWJ gave me a job, I worked hard, I got paid. I had days when I went home with a smile on my face, and others when I woke to the On-call phone at 0300 wondering why I'd sold my whole waking and sleeping life to them for just £"x" per annum.

Other threads have descended into the classic "I'm there, I buy in and it's great" vs "I'm not there anymore, and I'd rather remove my balls with a pair of nail-scissors than go back".

On this thread you refreshingly have (I know, split infinitive) 2 ex-employees saying that TWJ's not for them, but it's not past all hope. From my point of view, I recommend just seeing if the new MD can (hopefully) plug the holes through which so many "inmates" are escaping.

I for one hope that he can; for the sake of the many pro's in Ops and the remaining Drivers/Biccie-chuckers. Until they turn out the lights (or the ACJ cash-cow disappears), theres always hope of a turnaround. In the same vein, I'm sure that Nagasaki is NOW a lovely place to live. Both took/will take a bit of re-design.

PS - Mark, Humble Pie? Do M&S do that?:)

Cheers

EBJ

Belgium Legacy
25th Jan 2008, 21:05
The other half asked me yesterday would I go back if offered

the response....

With the same crew and ops people there but better condtions, I think I would.
Through the grapevine I already heard strange things were happening at the moment. Hope for the best of that company, things really need to change there in a positive way. Take the rotten aplles out but keep the good ones if they did not leave yet.

Also ex TWJ

StressFree
26th Jan 2008, 05:50
Hey Mark,
Correction to your previous post - on one fleet they are now down to just one crewmember..........and still nothing changes :ugh:

twinjetter
26th Jan 2008, 09:34
1 driver and two aircraft. Marvellous.

Anyone in the pipeline to bolster what I perhaps controversially consider to be somewhat on the light side of the ideal crew complement?

If not, they'll make a lovely pair of 604-sized book-ends.

StressFree
28th Jan 2008, 17:01
Mark,
Correction number 2 to your post - all pilots on one fleet have now resigned - and still they do nothing :ugh:

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

26point2
28th Jan 2008, 17:53
Hey Stressfree,
its hard to believe that all the crew on the one fleet have resigned!!
There are only one or two people who could have stopped it happening but as you say, they do nothing!

It seems sad that we all thought how good the company was when we joined but what a dissappointment!

Not only that but so many people in the industry have asked why is everyone leaving!! what can you say??

Stress..Look forward to hearing more!!

twinjetter
28th Jan 2008, 18:01
Sad to hear. I assume that TWJ have got the leavers' 3 months notice period to finally get themselves into gear and get some new drivers (advertised/interviewed/offered/notice period/Ground-trained/Line-trained/signed off - lets not even countenance type-rated)

Wishing allcon well

EBJ

twinjetter
29th Jan 2008, 22:20
They've lost their longest-serving and most experienced Ops Controller too today. Despite reports to the contrary, good Ops-Bods dont grow on trees.

Belgium Legacy
30th Jan 2008, 08:07
They've lost their longest-serving and most experienced Ops Controller too today. Despite reports to the contrary, good Ops-Bods dont grow on trees.

I thought that was you ;)

Chippie Chappie
30th Jan 2008, 08:16
He didn't say it wasn't ;)

Belgium Legacy
30th Jan 2008, 12:03
He didn't say it wasn't ;)
He left before "today" so must be someone else

twinjetter
3rd Feb 2008, 15:41
Hey kitekruncher

Why on EARTH would anyone leave a Driver to turn off the lights? Light-turning-off is an Ops function like all the others (If in doubt, "GOTDI" - Get Ops to do it!)

Despite the entire CL crew now having disappeared, there'll always be an Ops bod there to clean up the mess!;)

Hope you're well:), check out this thread tomorrow for the latest newsflash from TWJ Towers.

Steve

twinjetter
5th Feb 2008, 18:54
TWJ have just yesterday lost another Ops Controller.

Now down to 2 Controllers and an advert in Aviationjobsea....blah blah blah.

I almost wish I was in the 3rd-party permit-arranging industry, coz there's a client here for sure; the ACJ doesn't run itself - (now how do I work out those FIR entry times again?)

Keep smiling

EBJ

Touchdown
5th Feb 2008, 19:28
Despite the entire CL crew now having disappeared, there'll always be an Ops bod there to clean up the mess!

Hmmmm! Maybe there wont be soon!

FerrypilotDK
10th Feb 2008, 21:57
I may be denser than oak, but I have the feeling that I am eavesdropping on a conversation that started long ago and everyone invloved actually knows all the circumstances, and so no-one needs to explain anything........But for those of us that have never worked in TWJ, could someone give a basic lesson......

Fex..When people in the industry ask why everyone is leaving, what can I say? Well......that is a great answer for all those that know the answer, but doesn“t tell the outsiders a thing.

So????

Anxiously awaiting

Eifelbird
10th Mar 2008, 08:34
Hi, all together I am just about to signe a contract with Twinjet.
What's going on there?
I need some private advise.

FerrypilotDK
10th Mar 2008, 22:12
I am also talking to them.....maybe we will be working together and making a brighter future! :D

Inspector Clueless
11th Mar 2008, 16:05
Twinjet have a new Chief Pilot arriving in May.

Hes young ,but ex Airbus TRE and manager and very able-should be good news-IF hes allowed to do what needs to be done.

Hope it works for all at TWJ.Good luck.

IC:)

StressFree
13th Mar 2008, 21:01
Insp. Clueless,
Are you this name by choice or by nature? No offence meant but just look at all the previous postings and make your own mind up as to whether any new CP will be able to make a difference...........
Much more than 'good luck' is needed, if its down to luck then its all over :uhoh: The place is in freefall.............. beware......:ugh:

StressFree
15th Mar 2008, 08:32
Further to my last post things have got even worse :eek:

The existing Chief Pilot has now gone, the old Chief Pilot is now back until the new Chief Pilot comes in May. Its the usual shambles and musical chairs at TWJ :uhoh:

The next thing needed is a revolving door on the office to cope with the huge staff turnover :E

FerrypilotDK
16th Mar 2008, 13:53
There have been cases in the past, where companies facing bankruptcy have been turned around by new management, even keeping the old employees. Jaguar, Chrysler, Delta (GM subsidiary, not airline) are a couple that I recall...even Apple, when Steve came back and took over again from the "professional managers." Therefore one cannot underestimate the influence of good new management. If new crews come in, the company could be great in a short order.

Of course, the opposite happens as well. Really need both chiefs and Indians. Not to doubt the challenges facing the new guy, but all hope is not lost.

Good luck to him and good luck to the new people coming in!

FerrypilotDK
18th Mar 2008, 19:44
No no no.......that was not my intention at all. Just wanted to say that a company is not necessarily doomed forever, but that new management coming in, new crews, could together make a disaster into a winner. The crews that left, were the sacrifice that woke senior management up to the need for change, so they played their part as well. I have no connection to TJ (yet?) and I don“t know anyone personally who has worked there. BIG error if that was the understanding.....not intended. :ouch:

Shaman
18th Mar 2008, 22:16
Twinjet is advertising for CL604 commanders for London and Bahrain. Are these two separate bases or are you expected to work out of both London and Bahrain during the year?

StressFree
19th Mar 2008, 07:56
They have been advertising for Challenger pilots for over 6 months both directly and through just about every agency around. Why do you think they can't fill the vacancies? Why has every Challenger pilot left and 90% of the Legacy crews? :sad:

Make your own mind up :confused:

diesel862
19th Mar 2008, 10:10
Hello

What is their ops department like? Ops Manager etc?

I see they are advertising directly and through agencies for Operations Controllers.

Thanks

Vince

twinjetter
19th Mar 2008, 11:18
Ops Manager - V nice guy.

Ops Dep't - somewhat understaffed at the mo'. Not sure of current workload, but anyone wanting a job with guaranteed overtime should apply now!

FerrypilotDK
19th Mar 2008, 18:57
My understanding is that these are sepatate operations. You are hired for the one or the other, depending somewhat on where you want to be based and the conditions.

Touchdown
19th Mar 2008, 19:09
I understand that they are separate - with a Twinjet Twist! BAH is month on/off but they're only recruiting 3 pilots (you do the maths) They intend to fill in with the imaginary LTN based crew and will expect the crew to be flexible and do them lots of favours! Typical management cutting corners to line their own pockets - disappointing both the customer and the few that will work for them.

These guys need to make some good decisions and fast if they want Twinjet to succeed. The management just wont listen though.......:ugh:

Shaman
19th Mar 2008, 22:46
Ferry and Touchdown, thanks for the answers.

Re the Bahrain base, what do you think the work pattern is likely to be during the month there? Would you expect the work to be mostly one day trips, two day trips, three day trips or longer?

Do you know anything about the accommodation? Will the pilot keep the accommodation during his month on or will he have to vacate it if he is nightstopping outside BAH?

Is accommodation at BAH provided or does the pilot have to pay for it himself?

Shaman
21st Mar 2008, 14:42
Anyone from Twinjet able to comment on the accommodation arrangements in BAH? It would be a great help.

Captain Dilbert
22nd Mar 2008, 14:02
Twinjet might know; on the other hand...

Giggey
8th Aug 2008, 16:35
Hi all.
Any news about TJ?
what's life like for the Bus guys?

any info's it's very appreciated.

cheers

Palmtreesss
26th Aug 2008, 07:01
Hi all

Parc aviation is advertising fo postions for twinjet on the A320 out of london luton, any info on this?

oapilot
8th Nov 2008, 21:43
No joke, it's true apparently.

Some people get all the luck..........:E

Dont worry
23rd Mar 2009, 16:27
Could somebody state some information about the Bahrain OPS?
Flights, OPS, Owner
Thank you.
P.M.'s are appreciated