MrBurberry
20th Mar 2007, 23:14
Any work for low timers out there??

desertnomad
21st Mar 2007, 13:13
Maybe as a "radio operator" on a Van.Phone KAS.:}

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Mar 2007, 13:26
One of the more hostile environments in which to operate. The UN and other NGOs have fairly high requirements for safety and insurance reasons. The fact that it's pretty much undeveloped doesn't necessarily mean it's wide open.

Of course, some of the dodgy operators may not see it that way.

Flyer14
21st Mar 2007, 16:40
My last contract was in Sudan. As far as operators go - Kingair Services, Solenta, Qwila, Executive Turbine, Safair and even 1Time had aircraft up there. This ranged from Caravans and Twin Otters to C-130s and MD-82s. I assume you would be looking towards the Vans and Otters in which the minimum requirements to fly Vans for WFP is 700TT - NB this if for the co-jo. Captains require 1500TT and 500 on type for WFP - quite ridiculous. Sudan is what you make of it - it can be hell or quite a pleasant experience if you have the right attitude. Pretty much like most other contracts. Good luk!:ok:

tonyrubini
22nd Mar 2007, 12:52
Hi Flyer14, can you please tell me which company operate MD 82? I just renewed my T/R and any position as copilot would be good.

ciao and thanks

tony

Flyer14
23rd Mar 2007, 00:21
1Time had an a/c up there, don't know who or what they were flying. The machine wasn't in the standard livery. U.N has a couple of MD's operating there on a Spanish register. This was in Nov/Dec last year.