PDA

View Full Version : Listening to DXB atc online?

jai6638
20th Mar 2007, 15:10
Hey there!

Is this possible? Liveatc does not have a live feed for the OMDB ATC.. Is there any website which broadcasts this?

THanks

inverter
21st Mar 2007, 14:26
Buy an air-frequency scanner. Widely available at DXB & OMSJ duty free shops while going outbound.:D

jai6638
21st Mar 2007, 15:07
Hmmmm I have been thinking of getting a scanner.. Which store at the duty free sells it and for how much? I haven't seen them at all...

divingduck
22nd Mar 2007, 07:08
:E The obvious question is why on earth would you want to??:E

jai6638
22nd Mar 2007, 09:20
Its nice to listen to controllers and pilots using "Inshallah" for a change.. :)

Nimmer
22nd Mar 2007, 09:21
:eek: Don't listen to Dubai - it's TOO SCARY!!!!!!

AirNoServicesAustralia
22nd Mar 2007, 09:32
Come on DD fess up we all know that you live off the island so you can watch the shiny metal tubes come into land at Ab Dab International. I bet you have your little contraband scanner hidden behind that bar of yours somewhere, so you can fulfill your dirtly little pleasure when the trouble and strife ducks out for some milk. :E
I know personally there is nothing better than after a long day of chasing after call signs and readbacks to unwind to the dulcet tones of "WHY....WHY...WHY...", with a glass of red in one hand and a scanner in the other. :ok:

jai6638
22nd Mar 2007, 09:46
Don't listen to Dubai - it's TOO SCARY!!!!

Its ... Its... refreshing! ;) I'd rather listen to Dubai Tower than JFK Towe... When I went for a "pleasure flight" in Dubai to see how things work here, the first thing I heard when we tuned into ground frequency was the British controller getting mad at a pilot! LoL! It was interesting!

divingduck
22nd Mar 2007, 15:10
ASA...damn...my secret life as a "twitcher" is revealed to all!:E

The real reason I listen is so that I can log all the non-standard phrasiologies that I hear!!

All you out there, you know who you are...stop it!:eek:

helen-damnation
24th Mar 2007, 17:44
Maaaaaaaaaate! What do you mean?
:p :p :p :p :p

MinimaNoContact
25th Mar 2007, 04:52
No Dubai on this link, but worth a look if youre interested in listening in...

http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=international

slackie
1st Jul 2007, 05:36
The LiveATC.net website used to retransmit New Zealand feeds that were in contradiction of the NZ Radiocommunications Act 1989.

This was brought to their attention by the NZ ANS provider, supported in this instance by the professional association representing the majority of NZ professional pilots and 99% of NZ air traffic controllers. Unfortunately the owner of the website then lost the plot.

The website owner obviously has no knowledge of the wider issues and even less interest in learning why. When a user (me) attempted to inform his website users of some of the issues (using the website forum) he locked the thread, deleted the post and banned the user. So much for "freedom of speech".