PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Jobs?

320aviat
20th Mar 2007, 07:08
Hi guys would like to know some information abaut working in australia as an airline pilot......

1.QANTAS-pay FO/CAPT,working conditions

2.JETSTAR-pay FO/CAPT,working conditions

3.VIRGIN BLUE-pay FO/CAPT,working conditions

does this above mentioned airlines hire foreigners as pilots if you are rated on type(example typre rated A320,2000TT)?if you are a foreigner but hold a australian permanent residency status what are tour chances to get a job?THANK YOU

Charliethewonderdog
20th Mar 2007, 07:15
There is an over supply of pilots in Australia.Move along:O

Zhaadum
20th Mar 2007, 11:17
Charlie,

What do you think you are some kind of Jedi waving your hand around like that?

He is a foreigner....

Mind tricks don't work only money!

Z.:ok:

Mr.Buzzy
20th Mar 2007, 11:33
1.QANTAS-pay FO/CAPT,working conditions

1.QANTAS-pay FO/CAPT,working conditions, existing

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dodgybrothers
20th Mar 2007, 12:15
Dear Moderators,

Why the hell to you move a topic like this from the RPT forums yet allow ones such as the hornets and hercs to stay on the RPT forums. The military stuff does not belong and this one does and you move it?

Rediculous.

ScottyDoo
20th Mar 2007, 12:33
Is Qantas categorised as a GA company now?

When'd that happen???

320aviat
20th Mar 2007, 14:24
Is it difficult to get a job even if you are a australian PR and having 3000TT on A320?I plan to migrate to australia,im currently with an asian carrier looking forward to apply for virgin blue or jetstar or even qf.any feedbacks are most welcomed?or is it better to apply to any other asian carriers and get your self based in australia for example cathay pacific?anybody with any idea of what are the foreign airlines that have their crews based in australia other than cathay?Thank You

Soup Dragon
20th Mar 2007, 15:13

So I take it you have given up on Europe or USA. Take a look at this link:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Basically,

1. Migrating to Aus as a pilot is not an option.
2. No employer is currently sponsoring foreign nationals as pilots.
3. You will not qualify for a CX Aus basing unless you are PR (see point 1.)

This information is easily available so try some research before you keep asking these questions.

What is so wrong with MAS?

Good Luck with your quest for an overseas job.

ScottyDoo
20th Mar 2007, 18:29
having 3000TT on A320

Wow you've never flown anything except the A320???

You must be loaded!!

Anyway since you're Asian (by the sounds of it) you should try Asia. China is the way ahead; they're buying 1000s of planes in the next few years.

They need brazilians of pilots.

Same with India and your money goes a long way in India. You can live in a palace and have several slaves. In India you will be a capt in no time plus they will not look down upon you there.

CoolCat
21st Mar 2007, 01:11
When applying for a job with jet star, virgin or qantas, do young Australians like myself have an advantage over foreigners like 320aviat?

Otherwise, do the australian airlines only employ the 'creme de la creme' of the world's pilots when saturated with international interest as a result of our high standards of living?

320aviat
21st Mar 2007, 03:51
soup dragon,
thank you for your feedback.anyway im not with mas.
scottydoo,
sorry for the wrong info,(3000TT,(1700 733)(1300 A320),got into 733 right after completing my cpl

Im currently working on my PR with the australian embassy.i have been a couple of times to australia and i really seem to like the country.i find it a nice place to live and very friendly people.I have got two of my aunties in sydney and canberra.From what I see i think that airline career is very limited in australia.anyway does anyone have any idea what are the other foreign airlines that have their crews based in aus other than cathay?heard korean does,is it true?any feedback are most welcomed.thank you

320aviat
21st Mar 2007, 04:04
soup dragon,

its not that i have given up with europe or us but i find it very difficult to get a job there.UNITED STATES i have to forget it,they are not going to employ a malaysian(just a short story,i went to LAX last month,the immigration officer checked me asthough i was a terrorist when he got to know that im a malaysian and then treated me well after knowing that im a HINDU and not a MUSLIM).well europe i dont mind but i really dont know what airlines would employ me?.i just have easy jet in mind.but again thinking of carrer progression,hmmmmmmmm i dont think so.do you have any ideas that you think mite help me?any airlines that you would recommend?

Angle of Attack
21st Mar 2007, 05:14
Just fire off some emails to the Airlines you mentioned and see what they say?
I'm sure they'd eventually reply, personally I don't know, but if you had PR status I cant see anything stopping you from applying.

Oh yeah and I forgot to say of course you'd need to transfer your license to Australian ATPL, before they'd look at you (I guess you got an ATPL atm?)

320aviat
21st Mar 2007, 12:35
angle of attack,
Thank you for your feedback,was really very much encouraging.Yup i have everything in hand but i have to wait for 1 more year as i have 1 year bond more left with my current employee.will try as what you said.....thanks again

Fatter Bastard
21st Mar 2007, 12:49
If you would like to fly the a320 in Australia, please ensure your rectal muscles are able to withstand quite a blunt force as the only current operator of these aircraft in this country is not exactly generous with remuneration.

pilotdude09
21st Mar 2007, 16:19
If you would like to fly the a320 in Australia, please ensure your rectal muscles are able to withstand quite a blunt force as the only current operator of these aircraft in this country is not exactly generous with remuneration.

Lol, thought they raped you of more than just that.............:eek:

People will do ANYTHING to get jobs even with Jet:mad:

320aviat
22nd Mar 2007, 00:54
Does anyone know what is the payscale like for pilots in Jetstar,Qantas or VB?(By fleet)Or is it better to try for cathay and get your self based in syd?thank you

320aviat
22nd Mar 2007, 01:01
Would like to know what kind of life does airline pilots generally have in australia?(sorry if my question sounds stupid but would like to know).Because generally in my country pillots generally live a higher level class of living.How abaut australia?thank you,and a advanve apology if my question annoyed anyone on this forum....Happy Flying