PDA

View Full Version : SAAB340 - a cry 4 help!

Areweoffthegroundyet
19th Mar 2007, 21:34
Hey there,
I am looking for some help or advice from any Saab 340 operating chums!!
Has anyone had any issues with the bracket which protrudes into the galley/cabin when the stairs are deployed?? I have noticed pax trip on it during boarding...
Also the models which have the toilet at the rear do not allow access to the bin without opening the cargo hold divider! ..and this prevents emptying the bins or during security searches without a lot of hassle!!?
Any help/tips or suggestions on these would be greatly appreciated!
(other than changing airline!!)... I love my Saab!
Scottish chick:ok: :ugh:

The Stooge
20th Mar 2007, 10:24
Really there aint a lot you can do about it, the bracket is a part of the securing device for the stairs. So given the space that is availible in the cabin there aint a lot of options. Put an underfloor stair case in and a A model would never get off the ground. At least not here in Aus anyways. As for the rubbish bin in the bog, the 36 seat with a front crapper has a bin that comes out into the cabbin. They must be different modules. So again I guess there is no real option to change the design. Just dont nominate yourself to have to clamber up into C1 :ok:

vh_ajm
20th Mar 2007, 21:49
Could try filing a Occupational Health and Safety report with the operator to bring it to their attention.

It won't mean the bracket will disappear but they might be able to make it more visible and avoidable to the pax.

Could avoid future litigation also in the event a pax trips.

Areweoffthegroundyet
23rd Mar 2007, 12:04
Thanks vh ajm!
Currently trialing a preventative modification. Just wondered if anyone had a better idea!