PDA

View Full Version : Air Newzealand pilots at EY

blueground
19th Mar 2007, 20:48
News that AN pilots will join EY as direct entry on the A340 and they will be given K\B villas as they agree with SR from HR dept.any confirmation.:D

hot tuna
19th Mar 2007, 21:39
I thought they were joining EK, at this rate they'll be no Pilots left in ANZ.

Tail Rota
21st Mar 2007, 03:59
hey Kamelf

Ansett Australia was sinking before Air New Zealand got hold of it :D

TR:ok:

atiuta
21st Mar 2007, 05:55
The Kiwi's just put AN out of its misery.

Guess you could call it legalised euthanasia or should it be airlineasia.

Australia2
21st Mar 2007, 07:21
if however, ANZ had realistic expectations at the time, and someones else better equiped has bought Ansett maybe it would still be around - possibly even in much better shape.

Oz2

moonbase
21st Mar 2007, 09:16
ANZ has too many pilots currently and it is on the cards that DEC is on for both airlines but verfy limited period - other conditions no dif to any other pilot.:confused:

galdian
21st Mar 2007, 09:39
"The Kiwi's just put AN out of it's misery."

Sadly have to agree that's a pretty fair statement :(

BUT:

ANZ bought the remaining 50% of a company they had already had 50% of for XXX years just to prove they had a big dick, either did not do due diligence OR had no idea of what they had invested in initially and what was happening in the company (probably both when one looks at the busines acumen they did (not!) display), strapped themselves for funds to do anything with the entity and THEN panicked and closed the operation losing any hope of building synergies at any time in the near future as well as pissing heaps of money up the wall (even though NZ $$ it still has some value) and threatening the viability of ANZ itself. :}

And THAT, boys and girls, is why any person with a balanced outlook to life is still aggrieved ( and always will be): outright stupidity, ineptitude, incompetence, d*ckheadedness etc is NOT acceptable and should be accountable.

Luckily Aunt Helen stepped in to make sure the poor maligned ANZ board and management would still have a (barely) operational ANZ from which they could continue to draw their stipends for their magnificent leadership and performance - oh and the workers could still get paid too, a pleasant but totally irrelevant secondary consideration (at least in the minds of the board and management I suspect.)

AND when I get REALLY pissed off about the whole thing at least there is one thought that pleases - the thought of Sir SC dipped in honey and staked over an ant's nest! ;)
(actually would not wish that on anyone yet the image still satisfies for reasons unknown!)

GetAround123
23rd Mar 2007, 13:31
Galdian,

I think ANZ got side tracked trying to prevent SIA taking the second 50% and knowing how controlling they would be, would have as good have lost any control! This seemed to be their focus.