PDA

View Full Version : CPH: airport security joker get suspended sentence

teleport
19th Mar 2007, 19:52
Copenhagen: According to http://politiken.dk
a 29 year old man, joking at the airport security check that he had a gun in his backpack, received a suspended sentence of 10 days.
On his way to a mountain climbing trip, having forgotten the presence of a knife, he was asked if he had the knife in his backpack. Jokingly responding that not only that, but that he also had a pistol, he was arrested and has now been convicted to a 10 day suspended sentence.
According to politiken.dk, the culprit accepted the sentence, but stated that airport security do not take such jokes lightly.

egnxema
19th Mar 2007, 21:15
Good!

Here in the UK we have a hard enough time trying to keep queue times to the DfT's new guidelines due to the volume of pax still showing up at the archways with half of Clarins counter stuffed into their bags, without ****s like this guy adding to the queue. Headlines like this go to show that it is a game of 2 halves - turn up at security with 1 bag, no forgotten liquids lurking at the bottom of it, smile, and keep your mouth under control and let the security guys do their part in keeping the queues to under 10 mins.

Doug the Head
19th Mar 2007, 23:14
turn up at security with 1 bag, no forgotten liquids lurking at the bottom of it, smile, and keep your mouth under control and let the security guys do their part in keeping the queues to under 10 mins. Jawohl! Befehl ist befehl! Donīt think, just follow stupid orders! Thatīs the spirit!

Good on this Danish bloke to challenge STUPID security measures, like taking a bottle of water or a nail clipper onboard an aircraft!

I recently traveled through LGW (been a long time since) and the experience was horrible! Welcome to aiviation in 2007! The only thing missing were guys dressed in German WWII uniforms and barking German Shepherds. :yuk: :yuk:

The longer the queues, the better! Maybe some stupid idiot politician will wake up some day and realize the stupidity of it all! :E

Phil_R
19th Mar 2007, 23:25
My sympathy for airport security people is in direct proportion to their sympathy towards words like "DO NOT X-RAY" on film cans...

...ergo none.

Phil

Bangkokeasy
20th Mar 2007, 08:16
I agree that farcical measures have stripped airport "security" of any semblance of respect they used to enjoy from FF SLF.

However, the lack of humour amongst security staff is nothing new. For years prior to 9/11, making a joke about a "bomb" or anything else with security staff has usually met with a stony stare and a polite, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that?" or somesuch. If the tw+t continued to joke it was always the procedure to then take him aside for "special screening", in a room to the side. Admitedly, prior to 9/11, this usually consisted of calling up "Frank", employed solely for the fact that he had such HUGE fingers, it was hard to find rubber gloves with sufficient elasticity, rather than resorting to the law.

The method may be different, but the end result is the same - repeat offence is unlikely.

Final 3 Greens
20th Mar 2007, 08:26
Joking about carrying guns is not wise - maybe funny to the person who said it, but not to the screeners.

Having said that, some screeners are notpleasnant to encounter.

Let me point out an example that is well above the norm.

Last year I accidentally left a swiss pocket knife in my briefcase.

Mea culpa.

The security screeners at FRA who found it were both understanding that it was a mistake and pleasant in their approach, even offering to leave it in the office so that I could collect it landside the next time I was travelling through.

The professionalism of the security screeners was exemplary and if more would behave in this way, the encounters between pax and security would be so much less stressful.

Doug the Head
20th Mar 2007, 10:14
However, the lack of humour amongst security staff is nothing new. Lack of humour or perhaps a lack of IQ combined with low self esteem?

rotornut
20th Mar 2007, 16:12
Back in '76 when security screening just started in the States I almost got into trouble. When the security man asked to see my friend's carry-on bag I said something like "You should see what's in his bag". They took that very seriously and I felt pretty stupid. I apologised and they were good natured about it. I wonder what would happen if I said something like that now?

Mr Magoo
21st Mar 2007, 11:49
egnxema Eh?

Wonder if you're one of the security nobs there then matey?

One of the nobs who hassle crews going through staff channels about having a 125ml tube of deadly dangerous toothpase and how you're going to have to confiscate it off us irresponsible people about to fly a large airliner?

One of the nobs who refuse to let us carry our overnight bag to the aircraft so we have to let one of your fellow nobs drive it over to the plane and watch us put it into the hold?

One of the nobs who we smile at when we go through your pathetic "security" system so full of holes that any serious player could get anything they want past you?

Or are you just some other brand of nob?

:ugh:

strake
21st Mar 2007, 12:42
I think you are being unacceptably unpleasant.

Whilst none of us enjoy security checkpoints, these people have a job to do and are told how to do it by others. They are also subject to checking by security companies and if they fail to do what they are told, they are removed for "retraining".

It irritates the hell out of me to have to take my shoes, jacket belt off and all the other b****ration but what's the point of taking it out on the staff?

Mr Magoo
21st Mar 2007, 13:25
"I was only following orders"

Hmmm - that one's been heard quite a few times down through history methinks...

:rolleyes:

These moronic attitudes are reinforced by layers of overseer numpties who spy on the bottom layer of goons to check they are following these dimwit orders and impose threats instant dismissal for any outbreak of commonsense amongst the drones.

The amount of time, money and effort expended in the name of "security" is pathetic.

:ugh:

SXB
23rd Mar 2007, 23:13
Let me point out an example that is well above the norm.

Last year I accidentally left a swiss pocket knife in my briefcase.

Mea culpa.

The security screeners at FRA who found it were both understanding that it was a mistake and pleasant in their approach, even offering to leave it in the office so that I could collect it landside the next time I was travelling through.

The professionalism of the security screeners was exemplary and if more would behave in this way, the encounters between pax and security would be so much less stressful.

F3G
I travel through FRA on a regular basis and I'd say your experience is a fair reflection of the service they provide.

FRA is one of the largest international airports in Europe and I've never waited more than 15 minutes to go through security, LHR and LGW should have a look at how they do things in Frankfurt...

Doug, as for the nazi WWII comments, I see what you mean though I don't think it appropriate for this board. The Germans do certain things better than anybody else, a quick look around my house reveals a German car, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, heating system. Even the door on my garage is German, none of it has ever broken, though the German car dealership robs me everytime I have the car serviced. If it has moving parts it should be German. I have a French wife though, which kind of compensates:)

A2QFI
16th Apr 2007, 20:21
Lucky you SXB. You could have a French car and a German wife! The worst of both worlds!