PDA

View Full Version : UK Based Islander for rent ?

skibeagle
19th Mar 2007, 17:37
Further to a request for a Navajo that I saw here a few days ago, I have a need for something like an Islander (preferably rigged for freight) that I would like to rent for personal use for a few days in June. UK based or near UK (Belgium/Netherlands/Northern France etc...).

It isn't for anything unlawful (I'd want something much faster than an Islander for that.....) and naturally will need a check out/training at some point prior. I do remember a company had an Islander for 1179/IR training in the SE UK about ten or twelve years ago...but that's ancient history in aviation of course.

Anyway, any suggestions/input greatly appreciated.

eyeinthesky
19th Mar 2007, 18:25
Not many operators of Islanders in the UK these days (other than paradroppers etc).

Blue Islands (www.blueislands.com) have a couple, but they would not let you hire it alone. They would provide qualified crew and their charter rates might be competitive depending upon exactly when and where you wanted to go. they have cargo floors and freight nets. (Jersey based).

There is another couple in Cumbernauld, but I don't know whether they are for hire, and it's a fair way from Northern France.

Fried_Chicken
19th Mar 2007, 18:51
There's a BN2 based at Sandown on the IOW (South Coast/near to France), i'm not sure if it's available for hire though.

Silver Helicopters operate one on their AOC from Norwich.

Fried Chicken

paddyboy
19th Mar 2007, 19:11
It's Sterling at NWI.

J32/41
19th Mar 2007, 21:11
I think Synergy also have one.

Say again s l o w l y
19th Mar 2007, 21:37
Talk to Cormack Aviation at Cumbernauld. They have a number of Islanders. Ring Cumbernauld Tower 01236722822 they can put you through.

skibeagle
20th Mar 2007, 02:21
Thanks very much fellas, Cumbernauld would work as a base as the proposed trips are in the Irish Sea region.

Thanks again,

skibeagle

GBALU53
26th Mar 2007, 17:20
Skibeagle
Cormack had an Ex blueislands Islander delivered to them last week, The aircraft G-BIIP, it is due for some check from what I can make out, they might already have a buyer for it? they should be able any way to source another one a short notice as there are a few around within the U.K.
Blueislands do have another Islander G-XAXA which they might have available the Contact if you are interest can be found on there web sight if you need to look into it good hunting:ok: .