PDA

View Full Version : EASA medical changes

norton2005
19th Mar 2007, 13:31
I have heard that when EASA take over licensing and medical they will be making changes to some things in the medical, most notibaly, trying to bring the initial standard even closer to the renewal standard. has anyone else heard anything about this?
I have heard that a review of the changes will be available to see in august and they will hopefully be implementing the changes by january 2008.
Another big change that i heard about is that one of the main things they will be changing is diabetes and eyesight. makeing diabetes a more leniant thing and also making the eye standards even more leniant. If this is correct, does anyone out there know what they are planning to change the eyesight requirments to? All i know is that it will be more leniant but i was after exact numbers on the prescription limitations.

Scoobster
19th Mar 2007, 13:46
If changes are brought about by EASA does this mean that for those who have been 'denied' a Class 1 Medical they will be able to obtain one under EASA regulations??

norton2005
19th Mar 2007, 18:51
Well as they are lowering certain limits, if you fall into the new limits that EASA have set out then i asssume yes you will be able to gain one. if one is-7 in eyesight, and at the moment cannot gain a class 1, the EASA ammendments may bring the -7 into the limits that they set which means a class 1 could be obtained. but im not sure what the changes are exactly thats what im trying to find out.

arem
19th Mar 2007, 22:34
What are the proposed changes to the diabetes requirements?

norton2005
20th Mar 2007, 19:28
Don't actually know about the diabetes aspect. have been concentrating more on the eyesight aspect.

AlexEvans
21st Mar 2007, 06:02
If you do manage to find out what the likely changes to eyesight limitations will be, please share your information with the rest of us.

Thanks.

Creep Feed Grinder
19th Oct 2009, 21:52
I've heard that the CRD for NPA 2008 - 17c (FCL - Medical) will be published at the end of October. Does anyone know of any major changes to the orginal draft.