PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines - what do you think?

joniveson
19th Mar 2007, 11:41
I live in Okinawa, Japan and want to fly to Europe in July. I've been offered a really bargain fare with China Airlines to Amsterdam but I've heard a few rumours about them and want to know what people think - good and bad experiences. I saw some recent pictures of some scary looking engines found on one of their aircraft in Frankfurt but I take what I read about them with a pinch of salt.

However, things which seem too good to be true usually are and their airfare is significantly cheaper than any others which does make me suspicious!

FairlieFlyer
20th Mar 2007, 06:49
I was sceptical too but at the price gave it a go. Unlike similar airlines (Air China for example) this is a very good airline. Have taken the HKG-BKK leg 4 times now and really impressed

Has AVOD with a lot of new films, all touch screen too , food good and staff are excellent

Only downside is the Captain has a tendancy to interrrupt your film to tell you he's made a turn and the weather outside is fine etc etc. Dont let that put you off though

Finally, the CC actually take control of the cabin in that passengers must stay in their seats until a COMPLETE stop, let alone everyone taking their luggage out while we're still taxiing down the runway. If only Cathay, Gulf Air would take note

Go for it, excellent price & service with new aircraft (& no I dont work for them)