PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Skydivers

flying_flick
19th Mar 2007, 08:01
Just a couple of questions for current or past pilots (or anyone else who knows) of Sydney Skydivers?

1) What turbine time do they expect? Twin?
2) How many hours were you getting?
3) How much did you get paid?
4) Is it a good place to work?

I enjoy working a lot with the skydiving community, usually always a great group of people to hang out with. Have been building my jump flying experience overseas and was looking at heading home soon.

flying_flick
21st Mar 2007, 00:02
OK seems no one seems to know how about a contact for the Chief Pilot?

Is it Phil Onis?

NNB
21st Mar 2007, 03:58
they're in the phone book, call Phil and ask him...!!!

flying_flick
21st Mar 2007, 06:57
Was planning on, was just hoping for some back information before I throw myself out there!

ContactMeNow
26th Mar 2007, 01:21
I dont know much about the company, I know they have cloud clearance so a IR ticket would be an advantage. they operate many aircraft, turbine beaver, 750XL, few twotters and a few skyvans just to name a few.

I know of a few people that popped in to have a look at the operation and ended up right hand seating a few jump runs...so maybe its worth a look at??

He also pays his pilots as well (from what I know, unless things have changed)

CMN

heywatchthis
26th Mar 2007, 02:11
Worked there part time years ago. Nice equipment, pay not bad.. As far as dropzones go in aus, one of the best.
Only catch is to get on there you really need to know someone, and have some other kind of talent ie. LAME, Turbine/time on type, or a skydiver. At least that is how it use to be...

Phil Onis is the owner, not the chief pilot.. He is a busy man so dont be discouraged if he doesnt talk to you for more than a few minutes..