PDA

View Full Version : Where did you train, what are you doing now? - ATPL only

Cirrus_Clouds
18th Mar 2007, 17:07
I thought it would be interesting to see if we can see any immediate statistics to see where Pprune folk have trained and where they are now:

Where did you train:

Type of fleet:

Integrated/Modular:

What are you doing now:

:ok:

Darren999
19th Mar 2007, 02:17
Cirrus, I'll help you out...

Trained; Dutch Country helicopters PA, all qualifications. All on a Bell 47

Work: Gulf of Mexico

Fleet: Lots.. I fly the AW139/AS350

Going to work on the UK ATPL as I'm interested in returning home to fly either coast guard of for the Police.

Megaton
19th Mar 2007, 09:52
Trained: Humberside, Bristol (ATPLs), Florida, Coventry, Oxford - modular.

Now; BA Airbus

boogie-nicey
19th Mar 2007, 10:10
Ham Phisted, that's quite a combination, guess it puts to rest the myth that BA closes doors to modular students. Well done, impressive.

g1344304
19th Mar 2007, 11:54
Ham Phisted, did you get straight into BA or have you been through other airlines/jobs?

Whispering Giant
19th Mar 2007, 12:14
Trained with Cabair for the ATPL written's via distance learning, Flight training done with Airways flight training at Exeter for the CPL and IR.
all done via the modular route.
Currently flying with Flybe on the Dash 8 Q400, but soon to transition onto the EMB195.

brgds
W.G

SinBin
19th Mar 2007, 13:38
Modular BCFT '05/06.
Booked on GECAT pilot program very soon
Also at last stage of assessment process with major UK jet carrier through my own endeavours.

Here's hoping. Sod this self funded line training ****e!

Megaton
19th Mar 2007, 15:39
Ham Phisted, did you get straight into BA or have you been through other airlines/jobs?
Spent 11 months with FlyBE. Applied to BA as soon as I had their min requirements which, at the time, was 200 sectors on a heavy turboprop. I was 37 when I started with FlyBE and 38 when I started with BA before anyone asks.

PS I didn't do a full UK JAR IR: I converted an FAA single-engine IR to a JAR ME-IR. Don't ask how long it took - I honestly can't remember.

SinBin
21st Mar 2007, 09:16
Most airlines don't even really give a monkeys on your groundschool passes, at a recent interview I attended with a major, they weren't even interested in first time passes on flight tests. It's down to you as an individual and also down to how you perform in the sim check.

A good CV also is a must that gets your foot in the door.

bad credit
22nd Mar 2007, 14:34
Did my faa ppl and hour building in usa, coventry for groundschool and bournemouth for cpl / ir. Started my first airline with minmum hours after 8 months of applying.

g1344304
22nd Mar 2007, 14:55
Spent 11 months with FlyBE. Applied to BA as soon as I had their min requirements which, at the time, was 200 sectors on a heavy turboprop. I was 37 when I started with FlyBE and 38 when I started with BA before anyone asks

Wern't you bonded to Flybe Ham Phisted?

Megaton
22nd Mar 2007, 16:41
Bonded? Yes. Still am for that matter but the bond was never going to be enough to stop me going elsewhere. Pay differential between BA & FlyBE is enormous and BA is a seniority-based airline. Sooner you join, sooner you get on to long-haul, command etc etc.

no sponsor
22nd Mar 2007, 21:28
Did my PPL in the UK, my ATPLs at Bristol GS, hour building in Australia and the UK, and went to Professional Air Training in Bournemouth for my CPL, ME and IR. I got accepted into the Jet2 737 fleet where I'm currently line training.

tonker
22nd Mar 2007, 21:46
PPL at Ormond 98:} ,ATPL's at PPSC 99,Carill Aviation for my CPL 00,Goodwood F/I rating(lived in Sussex) 01, then IR at Leeds Flying School 04,Multiflight MCC(lived in Yorkshire) now F/O with Jet2 in Newcastle, age 37.

:ok:

ivehad2many
23rd Mar 2007, 17:04
Trained at BCFT

Work for FRAviation on the Falcon 20's

will fly for food 06
23rd Mar 2007, 18:17
Whats the JOB like with FRA? Alot of hands on flying?