PDA

View Full Version : dispatcher ema

dispatcher_ema
18th Mar 2007, 00:44
***Newbie Alert***

Hello All.

I have just recently been offered a position as Dispatch Agent (Dispatcher) at EMA with Servisair for a Summer Contract.

So can I please ask for advice from anyone that is currently a dispatcher/has been one, or from anyone who is aware of the procedures are. I would appreciate advice about.....

What training will be involved (apparently it is 3 weeks worth!)

What are the main duties that may be involved

What are the beginner jokes to avoid (such as the captain has lost the keys to the aircraft)

Any general advice that will make my job easier

etc.

In return I have decided to keep a diary of my time at Servisair so that everyone who will be in my position in the future will have somewhere to turn to or for someone who is just curious how the job works....(unless it has already been done elsewhere on this site and I just havn't noticed)

Thanks

EMA;)

PS one thing that has been bothering me is if an aircraft is delayed into the early hours of the morning, am I as the dispatcher of that aircraft expected to wait for it, or will someone else be called in.....?

Little Blue
18th Mar 2007, 12:47
Well, if it's just you that's on, and the next shift doesn't start 'til 0500, then, yes, it'll be you that's staying.