PDA

View Full Version : 500 on type... a world of difference?

PosClimb
17th Mar 2007, 06:32
I'm looking at doing a program where I buy an A320 type rating and get 500 hours on type.

I have FAA licenses.

I'd have about 800 hours TT when I'm done the program.

How risky is this? I'd like to work in Asia or the Middle East when I'm done, but would having 500 hours on type (but no ATPL) be a killer.

It would be awful spending all that money and time and be unemployable at the end.

PC

Deano777
17th Mar 2007, 08:45
So you're willing to pay an airline to fly 500hrs for them? := :ugh:
Oh dear, the end is nigh.

Superpilot
17th Mar 2007, 09:25
Don't agree with you one bit but if you have the right to work in Europe and can successfully convert to JAA, then with those hours you can get a job with virtually any A320 operator in the UK.

ItsAjob
17th Mar 2007, 11:13
I just wonder what he will put down on the application for his previous salary and reason for leaving, let alone the interview!

bluepeely
17th Mar 2007, 18:11
ItsAjob is right, how much money must you have to blow all that on 500hrs?? Still, if flying is your dream who am i to say anything. Gotta think if the gamble is worth the risk though.
Good Luck

invisiblemoon
18th Mar 2007, 10:12
You're a pilot, stand up an be proud of your profession. Do not pay for flying, that ruins the T/C of all the pilots on the market.
What is the next step ? In five years, you'll be flying for your company after having paid 30 000 EUR for 500 hours.
Time to upgrade, but every company wants their F/O to pay for their upgrade course and for the first 500 hours as a captain. Why ? Why not ?
If a was an airline manager, I would take every prostitute on the market willing to pay for working. Free workforce, what a concept ! That's where we are going with these ******* "pay for flying" shemes.
You could land a job for that experience, for sure, but you could ruin the whole profession too. Depends whether or not you're able to look again your face in a mirror.
Do not do that, stay current with your TR you should be able o find something in the months to come.
Was there, almost done that, found a job instead (I mean a PAID job)

edit : I just realized taht you got FAA licences. 500 hours on type won't change your employability. With 800 TT you won't find anything "big iron", that's the way the system works out there. try something else, really.

ABO944
18th Mar 2007, 10:33
I thought prostitutes "take" money for providing their service !!?? Not the other way around?? But if you no of any in my area that pay you, I would be most grateful for their details:}

Lasiorhinus
18th Mar 2007, 11:42
I thought prostitutes "take" money for providing their service !!?? Not the other way around?? But if you no of any in my area that pay you, I would be most grateful for their details:}

That is the point...

Pilots are supposed to get paid to work, not the other way around.

ABO944
18th Mar 2007, 11:58
Pilots are supposed to get paid to work, not the other way around.

So are prostitutes !:confused:

PURPLE PITOT
18th Mar 2007, 15:33
Pilots are supposed to be payed to fly, not :mad:.:ugh: