PDA

View Full Version : Conviasa gets Airbus A340

Panama Jack
16th Mar 2007, 23:45
From another website, I see that the Venezuelan airline Conviasa has received an Airbus A340-200 for service between Caracas and Tehran via Damascus.

This will be to supplement Boeing 747 service by Iran Air between the two country's capitals.

http://www.volarenvenezuela.com/vev/fotos/generales/conviasaairbus340-1.jpg

chock2chock
26th Mar 2007, 21:04
Heavily subsidized route? Or is Tehran the new miami?:confused:

Panama Jack
26th Mar 2007, 21:06
My understanding is that Conviasa is a heavily subsidized airline. . . .period.

Oh well, Venezuela is the big petro producer. If countries like Qatar and the United Arab Emirates can palate having huge ego-driven airlines, why not Venezuela?

chock2chock
28th Mar 2007, 14:28
I guess you're right. At least they didn't get those IL-96s they said that they were going to get. I somehow wish that it was "Alaven". But I guess that Aeropostal are doing quite well for themselves, and 'standing on their own two feet'. I guess thatflying "chatarra" does pay off:}

Panama Jack
28th Mar 2007, 17:10
The Tehran thing is a bit of a surprise though, given Conviasa's limited route structure-- it would be an entirely domestic airline were it not for two routes to Grenada and Trinidad.

My question is when it will spread it's wings to other "brotherly" destinations-- Brasilia, La Paz, Santiago de Chile, Havana, Quito and Managua?

chock2chock
3rd Apr 2007, 14:01
Yes, I see them in Grenada occasionally on sundays ore something like that with the ATR. I haven't been in touch with Venezuelan aviation for some time, but whatever happened to Avior? They seemed quite promising. They had a rather large network.

jalways
23rd Apr 2007, 10:23
Hola,
Avior in the 2005/06 was recruiting some pilots, but the problem is that the pay is very low, like 700 USD pm and I think sincerely that have a job in Caracas at this moment it's not so sure...
Otherwise Venezuela it's one of the best country is the world.
Bye

DN

AeroBoero
24th Apr 2007, 21:39
PJ
Brasilia is no longer a so “brotherly” destination lately due to our new "best" friend Mr. Bush!:8 (thanks to the ethanol largely):suspect:

Panama Jack
26th Apr 2007, 23:49
I understand that Conviasa is hiring right now, looking for Captains and FO's.

Desert_Storm
27th Apr 2007, 10:21
are you looking to move out of the ME Panama Jack? C'mon, you know there's nothing there for us (money wise). Well, enjoy the A-320 conversion course matey!!!!!!:E

jumpdrive
27th Apr 2007, 14:40
for some people
hapines its just being there
flying any plane
crappy salary
but its true
i dont know to how many friends of mine
ive told them,.............GET OUT OF THERE
silence...............................
some just.................will never get out
give em a 757 or an A340
going to miami or who nows where
with $25 for per diem & thats it
theyre life its complete, it went full circle
thats the way it its

latinaviation
15th May 2007, 14:43
Conviasa is state-owned. The A-340 was used to fly stranded Air Madrid passengers from Spain to Ecuador, prior to its use on the Tehran route.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conviasa