PDA

View Full Version : Royal Brunei Roster / T&Cs

hedge
16th Mar 2007, 18:31
It looks like I may have to make a decision as to joining RBA at short notice. I've lived in South East Asia before but never been to Brunei.

I'm married with 2 children and would appreciate your comments re quality of life, days off per month.
A typical roster with personal details removed would be most helpful.My email is [email protected]

I know Brunei is quiet and the salary isn't the best, but I'm more interested in the quality of life, stuff to do on days off with family, education and housing.

Any views would make a decision easier.

Thanks

hedge

B772
17th Mar 2007, 10:04
tiger-palm. Good advice regardess of the intended base.

Beaver man
17th Mar 2007, 10:49
Hedge, you've had some good advice there from the others. I don't know about RBA but I was in Brunei 20 years ago, attached on loan service to the Sultan's Air Force. We really did have a fantastic time. If, however, you are one for the bright lights etc, it is the wrong place! It was very much a case of make your own entertainment...and boy, did we!! We went back there two years ago to visit my son who is a teacher there at the Jerodong International School. The place has changed quite a lot, but the ex-pat communities still make the most of it. We went out there again last year and are off again in June via Kuching. If you want anymore info or photos then drop me a pm. All the best.

speedtwoten
18th Mar 2007, 06:17
:D Hedge, Beaver man told you the true if you are British or New Zealender live be like heaven in Brunei:bored: but not for the neightbour country men, if you are interest more about RBA read Air Astana in this forum most the expat pilot's are ex RBA, very intresting why they leave RBA:ugh:

hedge
18th Mar 2007, 15:14
Thanks guys for the good advice. We are not after the bright lights, just a good quality of life where we can save a little and the kids can enjoy themselves too.

Regards

hedge

CapedCrewsAider
20th Mar 2007, 01:15
Hedge,

I joined RBA a year ago if you want more info, send me a private message.