PDA

View Full Version : QR F/O pay

340-200
16th Mar 2007, 18:24
hello all.hope that everyone of you is flying safely. i know that QR should be my last option . but i have reached that stage, they offer me f/o position on A330. can anyone plz tell me how much shall i expect to make.

1) basic
2) flying allawance
3) transp
4) schools
5) housing
6) meals
7) flying on day off
8) flying more than the monthly hrs

i appreciate your feed back all. and hope that will give an idea for our interesded pilots. thanx a million.

pilota16
16th Mar 2007, 18:55
Congratulation for the position!!!Sorry I don't have the info you looking for,but I just wanna ask you if you have any contact number I can call to check for my situation:"I did an interview about 2months ago for a S/O position and still don't have any reply".....
Please if you can provide any contact(phone,mail...) to check what's going on??
thanks
Wish all the best for your flying!!!!

LQ410
16th Mar 2007, 19:14
Hi 340-200,

How come that you have been offered a F/O A330 job with Qatar and don't even know how much is the first offer package.
I guess you have not fill out an application for Qatar and never attended a interview with the Airline.
If you had already attended a interview with Qatar,you would not be looking for this information.

My advice to you is to logon come clean and stop trying to fool some one.

Cheers:ok:

340-200
16th Mar 2007, 19:25
Mr LQ410
it looks like that you have never applied for an airline job. i'm clean and not trying to fool any body , read my words correctlly. i just applied for QR, they sent me an invitation for an interview, they never give details till i get there , i just wanted an idea before i go. hope that you don't mind, if you got nothing to say, don't bother to reply.

expatula
16th Mar 2007, 19:43
There's a whole lotta difference with being offered for interview and being offered with the job. Because when you use the word "offered" it means you got the job and therefore have all the information you need about the company, salary and all.

Hope you get your answers though, 340-200.

loc22550
17th Mar 2007, 10:08
To answer your initial question 340-200,(at least some of them):

A-330 F/O:(1 U$= 3.65 QR) fixed rate.
All figures in Q.R:

-Basic 15500
-Housing : 6000 (5500 if single):{ :{
-furniture:700
-transport:600
-utility: 300
-call on days off for duty :750
-Flying allowance 90QR/hour (330 usually fly....85..90 hours/month)
-Meal allowances 2000...3000 QR/month (depends where you fly)
-School :donīt known sorry no kids..
-overtime paid if you exceed 780hours/year(around 270.. QR/hour)
NO annual increase!:{ :{
End of service benefit 2/3 of the Basic/year:{ :{

For info today a villa in doha will cost you..15000 QR/Month!
So Be carrefull...DON"T BE IMPRESSED by the salary...you will be probably more impressed by what you have to spend every months..inflation is huge here and looks to me totally out of control,...unfortunatly the salary is not following the same curve!
Check Etihad or Emirates (much ore better condition)if you want to compare.figures are on their web site.
cheers

loc22550
17th Mar 2007, 10:13
oups...forgot..after 5 years in the company....you will receive a generous increase of........800 QR..on your basic:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :{

340-200
17th Mar 2007, 10:19
thank you so much for the info. wish you a sefe flying

Qatari515
26th Mar 2007, 20:20
In theory you need:

* 5000hrs TT
* Full ATPL
* 3 years in the company

Once you have reached these requirements, your name will be presented during a selection meeting.
In case your performance was good during line checks and recurrents ( rating 4 and above on 5), no reports where risen against you by a colleague/cabin crewor rostering dept etc you will be allowed to ....

do one week command preparation course. Useless course if you are somewhat of a professional pilot knowing what your job is about.

Once this course is done, and the instructors rate you OK, you can.....

Start 5 command assesment flights with management pilots. This is a bottleneck as there is so much training going on allready etc...

Then....THE COMMAND INTERVIEW! Depending if the management likes you or not, you will have to answer a panel of interviewers. This can be very easy if they like you or could rasemble an inquisition in case you did something to displease the starts and stripes! A bit like playing roulette this one!

If all these hurdles are taken, and you have passed them all, your name will be presented to the CEO himself for approval. You better where not spotted in cabin crew accomodation if you want to pass this one!

So now , finally, you have made it this far. By now, if you had previous experience, you will be 4 years in the company!

Now they have to find you a training slot on the respective fleet you will be put on. Most probably the A320. This will take a couple of months as well.

By the time you finish line training you will be at least 4.5 years in the company. This time will only become longer as many many FOs are allready in front of you if you would join now!

So thats the optimistic way of looking at it....anywhere between 4 and 8 years if you join now!

Bond for upgrade: 30000USd or 3 years!

Good luck!

tuan74
27th Mar 2007, 22:34
Yeah you can date the ccrew..:} no problem at that..

Then to get married simply ask permission from the ceo... which he will delighfully NOT granted and send either you or your girlfriend out of the country.... :rolleyes:

frieghtdog
29th Mar 2007, 14:56
QATQRI 515 , its very interesting what you wrote about QR upgrades, and I wonder if you know anything about EY upgrades, because I have an interview next month , and i like to know before I make the move.
it seems EY people are keeping everything hush.. hush or they are flying there buts off that they dont have time to respond .
any info thanks.