PDA

View Full Version : menzies at lgw

billy74
16th Mar 2007, 10:59
hello to you all.
just had an interview with menzies at gatwick.I wanted to be a dispatcher,but they already have all the positions filled.The man interviewing me said that i would be a good idea for me to start as a ramp agent,and from there i will be able to move to dispatch as soon as there is a vacancy.
Can anyone give me there opinions on whether this is a good idea?I think i would enjoy being in and around the aircraft and would enjoy the airport environment.

P.S Is menzies a good company to work for???

Matty J
4th Apr 2007, 20:44
Just had an interview with Menzies today for their Gatwick operation and will know next week if i got the job.

With regards as to whether starting as a ramp agent is a good idea or not, from past experience i can say YES. I started as a Ramper at Stansted 4 years ago and within 2 months i was a dispatcher, and have been for the past few years.

I've applied for the Ramper position at LGW although they are aware of my vast training and experience so i will see what happens. Handling agents are normally pretty good for internal promotions so you should'nt have a problem moving up when there is a vacancy.

You may have a little competition though;) .

Matt:ok: