PDA

View Full Version : Help with NZ/OZ TTMRA please

Sqwark2000
16th Mar 2007, 09:12
Hi all,
Have downloaded the CASA package on the TTMRA conversion for licences, and one thing to me is not overly clear. On page 9 which outlines fees to be included is the following:

Include with the application, payment of the appropriate fee(s):
1. Commercial Pilot Licence $AUD 130
2. Air Transport Pilot Licence $AUD 130
3. Flight Engineer Licence $AUD130
4. Aircraft Endorsements $ AUD130 (per multi and single engine
endorsement, and any aircraft design
characteristic)
5. Flight crew ratings $AUD130 (per rating)
6. Class 1 Medical Certificates :$AUD130 (if applicable)

So, I want to convert/gain an Oz ATPL based on my current NZ ATPL, do I have to pay $AUD130 for the ATPL AND $AUD130 for my instrument rating AND $AUD130 for my turboprop rating??
Is that $AUD390 I have to fork out for a paperwork exercise plus whatever I need to pay for the required ASIC application, or do I pay $AUD130 for my ATPL and whatever is attached to my ATPL (that is recognised) is added on for the one inclusive payment?
Help appreciated, especially from those who have gone before me
Cheers
S2K

6080ft
16th Mar 2007, 09:23
From my understanding they charge per rating attached to the licence. So I can make for an expensive exercise.
Had a friend that converted NZ CPL to AUS CPL and he said it cost a small fortune.

SCE to Aux
17th Mar 2007, 08:11
TTMRA is a joke. If it were genuine mutual recognition there would be no need to convert your license, since your NZ (an ICAO contracting state) license would be fine in Australia (also an ICAO contracting state).

Here are some of my personal experiences over the last year with this:
Trip to NZ to fly the new Alpha 160. NZ registered aircraft, Australian license, I couldn't fly it.

Trip to Warbirds over Wanaka in my Navajo. Aust registered aircraft Aust license, okay in NZ.

Hire a car and drive in NZ with my NSW driver's license - no problem -that's mutual recognition.

Last week, I walked down the road to the White Waltham Airfield, home of the West London Aero Club. I rented a Cessna 182 that I could fly in U.K. airspace with my Australian license. That's mutual recognition - well actually it's not mutual.

TTMRA? What if we didn't have it? Would it be like my U.S. license, issued on the basis of my Australian license - for no fee!

TTMRA, Article 83 bis and so on... Are we really interested in aviation safety or is this just a rouge for some political/industrial agenda to be hidden behind?

AerocatS2A
17th Mar 2007, 12:34
Yeah you have to pay for each bit. It wasn't anywhere near that expensive when I did it.

Best idea is to just convert the minimum that you'll need.

R555C
18th Mar 2007, 00:20
Just let you know about one small trick to minimise the revenue CASA receives. IF anyone has to get an Aircraft Endorsement put on their licence do not go and get CASA to process the paperwork. Get the "Sticky Label" issued by someone in industry (i.e. School, CFI, ATO etc).

Having worked in a CASA office and had people coming through the door wanting to submit Aircraft Endorsement applications, I would hint this to them, and they would often save them selves quite a lot of money. Let’s just say this didn’t make me very popular with our office manager.

Pm if you want to know more!