PDA

View Full Version : China Jobs?

ferrari25
15th Mar 2007, 11:29
Anyone out there who is flying in China under expat terms please provide details on job opportunities, terms of contract etc. I am interested in DEC on 737 or A320 / A330. Which airlines are currently recruiting and the contacts? Kindly PM me.

Thank you.

ferrari25
21st Mar 2007, 10:27
Great to hear from you, will appreciate if you can provide me with some details on the companies operating in China using A320. Do you know the pay, sector allowance, night stop per diem etc?

I have not work in China, therefore any news and details is highly appreciated. My friends told me to check out the companies in Shanghai.
By the way are you flying in China?

Thank you.

ferrari

catchyouintheair
29th Mar 2007, 07:08
How is your situation now?
shanghai right now has two private passenger airlines, one is spring airlines and juneyao airlines.Both of them need a320 captains.

deltazulu
30th Mar 2007, 01:36
B737rider (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=135443)
would you telling us definitely what "Chinese mafia" means?
have any experience in China?

chenghuangmiao
30th Mar 2007, 05:24
Would you like to tell us some details about your situation? And I don't know why somebody said that the Chinese agency connect to the mafia?! You really have any experience or just want to achieve your own impudence purpose?!

chenghuangmiao
1st Apr 2007, 11:24
Well, sad about your previous experience, as a Chinese, I'm also very sorry about what you mentioned, although I've never heard of it.
Guess everybody here is curious about your experience.

purple head
1st Apr 2007, 15:37
I have also never heard about this maffia stuff, appart from reading it here. I've been in China over a year now and no other pilots, expat or Chinese, I know have any clue about the Maffia conections either.
Maybe B737 Rider works for a western agency??? B737 Rider your welcome to go into more details and make me a believer!!!

deltazulu
2nd Apr 2007, 01:43
maybe the lawyer just want exaggerate and make you believe how big a trouble they have saved you from
however,it's better to have a non-Chinese agent,the communication problem exists between pilots and them

deltazulu
2nd Apr 2007, 01:45
hi,Chenghuangmiao how do you feel when you are called Mr/Ms Cheng,though I know you should be called as Mr Temple;)

Are you flying now?which airlines?

flightknight
3rd Apr 2007, 18:15
Well, from what I have heared: Due to the great aviation boom in China, there are a lot of opportunity seekers trying to cash in. Its probably best to go with the well known recruiters, inspite of the fact that they have their drawbacks too. Hire an attorney for an hour or two to read your contract, before making your life changing transition. "small print" actually means creep up and get you in most instances.:ugh:

capt-Purple
4th Apr 2007, 13:46
The private airlines in China Sucks!! they have no idea how to treat expat professionals, and I've not met anyone there who actually knew anything about the airlines business, plus it's a recipe for diaster.

It took me four months to take a basic ATP exam, medical,and english test then another two months to get the actualy ATPL license in hand before I could fly, then you're only allowed to operate on one or two route at most, did I mention with out pay on a single entry visa, so if you leave during that process you will have to re-apply for the visa.
Did I mention wthout pay? if you are geared up to go to China do it with, rishworth aviation, Parc or Direct.

Doggy Chinese agent still own me about $20k......

cheers
without pay.:=

Cruiseclimb
5th Apr 2007, 14:47
Great information on this thread gentlemen.. Thank you !! Can anyone recommend a law firm that specializes in these type of contracts?

flightknight
5th Apr 2007, 20:26
The local yellow pages may list Labor and Employment Law attorneys. Anyone with international labor law experience will be able to review a contract. They usually cost about $ 250/ hr or more. Should not be more than two hours. Shopping around may get you coupla free half hour interviews before you can decide to put down a few bucks.