PDA

View Full Version : Can I borrow your Navajo or Chieftain please?

Nigel Gray
15th Mar 2007, 11:19
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but here goes anyway (maybe if it's not, someone can point me in the right direction).

I'm looking for a Navajo or a Chieftain to borrow for a weekend trip with some friends. It would be self-fly hire with me as P1.

I've got 400 hours P1 on a PA31-350s and about 100h in the right hand seat (not logged). Last flight in that type was in Sept last year. I've got just over 1000h total now, currently type rated on a B200 (with about 100h on them) and working from Teesside.

What hope is there for me to borrow a PA31-350 from somewhere?

horsebox
17th Mar 2007, 17:26
There used to be one at Newcastle, hangered with Samson.
Think its G-GLUG or something similar, no idea if its still there or available for hire/charter.

buzzc152
17th Mar 2007, 22:10
I know of a privately owned Chiefy that is available for lease/hire etc from about mid-late April. Owner can be contacted via Air Med at Oxford.

Also, Blackbushe Aviation have one I think you can hire.

Expensive aeroplane for a weekend hire. Surely you'd be better off with a six seater Cherokee or similar ?

bunnywabbit
17th Mar 2007, 22:51
Isle of Wight Airlines have one seems to be at Bembrigde, but IOW Airlines are based at Sawdown, got some luvvy daffs growing around it,give them a call, that must be a cheap rental.

Nigel Gray
20th Mar 2007, 11:45
Cheers for the replies, chaps.

Borrow/Hire- I'm using the terms interchangably. Sorry; as a self-confessed member of the Grammar Police on PPRuNe, this is inexcusible.

Single Engine- I'd need to renew my SEP rating, which is added expense. Might be cheaper than a 2 hour checkout in a PA31 though! Food for thought.

Daffodils- after what the Welsh did to the English over the weekend, I'm not going to be associating myself with anything even vaguely Welsh for the next few weeks!!!

Chinchilla.612
21st Mar 2007, 12:10
Hiya Nige,

After avoiding the dreaded SEP renewal for so long and now thinking of getting it back eh?! But then again, I guess you're not too likely to get asked to fly the 172 any more though lol.

Chieftain must be a pricy option though mate, where are you looking to go and how many pax.....oh yeah.... and where's my invite!?!

Laters dude,

Chinchilla.