PDA

View Full Version : A320 job in Asia

henriksch
15th Mar 2007, 03:51
Hi

I am a low timer (800 hours), who is considering getting a FAA A320 rating.

What the chances of getting interviews in Asia.
What is req? Hours?

Thank You.

Mogas
15th Mar 2007, 04:08
Won't get a job unless you are a high-timer and is upgradeable to command position soon. I.e. Malaysian DCA has stopped hiring foreign pilots and maybe, just maybe consider hiring captains.

Left Wing
15th Mar 2007, 06:56
If you have the ICAO english test level 4, you can apply to all the 320 guys in India; will be grabbed up in a week.

Mogas
15th Mar 2007, 07:02
I thought India is strict on hiring expats as well?

Panama Jack
15th Mar 2007, 07:20
Indian employment seems to be limited (at least for the time being) as hiring experienced and high-time Captains and First Officers (with time on type), or any Indian pilots (these days, a low-timer CPL, Multi-IFR, 250 hrs TT dream come true).

From what I hear from friends who are expat contract Captains in India, the growth and environment is such that major accidents are waiting to happen.

MatchaLover
17th Mar 2007, 01:12
Looking for advice please.

I've been flying the steam gages in A300B4s and DC8s for over 5000 PIC and 14,000TT. At 46 and with no college degree it seems that getting an interview in the USA is not happening. I know, I know I'm working on the degree.

IF you were me what type would you get (A320, B737, 777 and 744) and where (Bond, SIM-center, FTI, Premair, etc.?

Then where would you go with it?

Bottom line. Who if any, has the best program for going from 0 time in type FO to Captain after I get the required hours?

Thanks.

Amin
17th Mar 2007, 02:47
In India you need 1000 tt and Type Rating or 500 multi + Type Rating to be able to fly in India. THis is only the requirments for DGCA (government). If you really want to get a job with any of the carriers in India that operate 320, you need an ATPL license and a TR and sometimes between 200-400 time on type. A dry type rating will not get you a job. That is the situation right now, but it can always change. Also want to let you guys now that the demand for Airbus 320 is much higher than Boeing 737 NG in Asia.

QNH1013
17th Mar 2007, 09:37
Be pro-active and write in to the airlines or call them. Air Macau take expat F/O's and so do Tiger Airways ans JetStar Asia in Singapore. I do not know if you have the minimum requirements though, you have to check. But a rating and over 500hrs is a good start. China needs pilots. The middle east A320 low cost carriers are also hiring now too.
All the best!

Mind the Sand.

rwyctrln
17th Mar 2007, 10:02
Heard that Qatar has some sort of cadet programme going on. Check it out pal. Air Macau needs TR and time on type. Tiger is alos the same i believe but as for Jet Star i believe if you fund your own TR with some bank guarantee, you might be able to get a job with them. There are also alot of jobs available in the EU area. But do keep on scouting. Good Luck.

Dream Land
17th Mar 2007, 13:25
Matchalover, I don't think you can go wrong with an A320 type, Bond in Miami is a good choice, I believe once you have 500 in type, you could go most anywhere with your experience. I know for a fact that some people are being hired into the left seat (A320) at Qatar with NO :eek: jet time, turbo-prop only, that may be a good place to start.

MatchaLover
18th Mar 2007, 16:33
Thanks everyone. I will check out all of the leads.

I really appreciate the info.

kwaiyai
18th Mar 2007, 18:32
my suggestion for what it is worth is Before blowing money on TR is go see if you can talk to real people first, That I am afraid is up to your available funds. AA ae full of c!!! for a start,
Regards,:8