PDA

View Full Version : CAA. What the ... ??

GooffBall
14th Mar 2007, 15:14
I know this is a topic that has been covered a couple of times, but what the hell is going on there? Apparently they are striving to become an A1 CAA. A1 compared to African standards, maybe.....I've been witnessing the braindrain and there is no effort to stop it.

Apparently there has also been some suspensions...AGAIN. Someone should actually count how many people have been suspended in the last couple of years. This is indicative of management that doesn't know how to handle problematic issues. The Minister of Transport should have a good look at the people currently running the show.

An inside source told me that one of the managers borrows money from his "sub-ordinates" (OBC - industry knows!!). HIGHLY IRREGULAR!

To the FAA and ICAO. Politically you have to approve the CAA, but also look at the level of experience. I doubt if the average age of Airworthiness Inspectors in the CAA is more than 30. The CAA is supposed to be the experts in their field......but the CAA sit with "children".

I hope the CAA can become again what it was when Trevor Abrahams was the MAN. He did stupid things, but he could run the place effectively.

B Sousa
14th Mar 2007, 15:43
"The Minister of Transport should have a good look at the people currently running the show."
Isnt that what some folks would call "The Fox guarding the Hen house"??