PDA

View Full Version : Novair closing shop?

Laminar
19th Aug 2001, 03:21
Does anyone know what is going on at Novair? Several different sources say they are about to close operations. The mothercompany has recently appointed the "butcher from Brussels" as VP who has a pretty solid reputation as being a major company eliminator.

Mega
19th Aug 2001, 03:42
Good evening Jul!

Are you happy with your new position!
Is TR comlete!
Are you still in STV.

/M

FE Hoppy
19th Aug 2001, 16:38
Shame if itīs true.
Best job I ever had, still it show what happens when you get rid of the mighty tristar too soon.
regards to all in sweden.
Dave

malteblaxhed
19th Aug 2001, 16:42
Apollo + Novair was acquired as recently as 8 months ago by swiss Kuoni.
Due to heavy losses they want to bail out.
The bigtime winners in this story are Mr Rosenqvist and Mr Costoulas who made a fortune when they sold out.
It would be very interesting to find out just how the two gentlemen managed to make an old established swiss consortium pay out hundreds of millions of swedish pesetas in the deal.............

[ 19 August 2001: Message edited by: MalteBlaxhed ]

The Guvnor
19th Aug 2001, 17:54
MalteBlaxhed - I though that the Krona was the currency in Sweden - not the Peseta?? :puzzled: :eek: :puzzled:

FEHoppy - quite right! :D ;) :D

malteblaxhed
19th Aug 2001, 18:44
OK Guv, I stand corrected.
By now, however, I'm quite convinced that all those millions are not in the form of Kroner or Pesetas, but USD.
Cayman Islands ?

[ 19 August 2001: Message edited by: MalteBlaxhed ]

Hung start
19th Aug 2001, 22:34
Guv,

hey, check out Malteīs location in his profile :o :D

Hot Rod
21st Aug 2001, 12:05
Hi Hoppy, hope everything is OK down in "sardine land".

About "the butcher from Brussels": I think it is better that a guy like him joins the company in time. I have seen when that happens too late and there is nothing to do (but that crisis was a LOT bigger than Novairīs).

At the moment everything is running very smooth here at Novair. Actually we have the best on-time-performance among all A330 operators. We are not too worried but of course it would be better without the uncertainty that Kuoni now has created.

The company is still looking for more A330 work for the winter, maybe Sri Lankan needs an aircraft...

The Guvnor
21st Aug 2001, 12:13
Hung Start - I did ... that's why I was :puzzled: ... you'd think that someone would know the currency they use at home! ;) :eek: ;)