PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus

CabinCrew78
14th Mar 2007, 11:19
Hi guys.... I was wondering about Aer Lingus, I'd like to apply for them can anyone help me to know more about them pls?

Do they have stopover on shorthaul? Is it a good company to work for? After a while is it possible for a Cabin Crew change from short to longhaul?

Thank u in advance for any reply :)

apaddyinuk
14th Mar 2007, 11:33
Hello CC78,

Im ex EI albeit ex groundstaff but I know LOADS of current crew with them. EI was a great company to work for a few years ago. Things have changed somewhat but its still an enjoyable bunch to work with. However new crew are being brought in on a new cheaper contract (thats what the recent strike threat was over) and I believe this is causing some considerable tension within the company.
As new crew you will be on a temporary contract only trained for the A320 and operating shorthaul routes. If you are successful in becoming permanent you will then be trained also for the A330 and your roster will include a mix of shorthaul and longhaul flying. After a number of years you can apply to be placed on a "Trans Weighted" roster whereby you primarily operate longhaul.
Lots of expansion taking place in EI at the moment with two new A330's arriving this year and 4 A320's. Also with open skies around the corner lots of new routes to the states and constant whispers of eastern trips to compliment the Dubai service.

CabinCrew78
14th Mar 2007, 11:40
Hi apaddyinuk,

thank u very much for ur quick reply.... lots of info....
Do u know if on shorthaul u have the chance to overnight in EU?
Is it hard for ur contract to become permanent?

Thanks a lot :)

apaddyinuk
14th Mar 2007, 22:42
CC78,

The only Europe nightstops they have are LHR ones where you spend between 12 and 24hours in london between flights. Paris/Amsterdam/Zurich/Birmingham/Manchester etc are all LONG gone I am afraid. I dont even know if they still do Cork or Shannon nightstops, I fear these too are long gone.
As for the permancency I dont really know how this works, seems to be based on excellent reports from senior crew and pot luck!!!!

johnrizzo2000
8th Apr 2007, 13:40
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows what EI crew training involves? I have mine in May, and just wondered what they do in the 4 weeks? How long is the pool part etc?

Shauna
21st May 2007, 20:34
Hi,
Need help...i have an aer lingus interview tomorrow, anyone here that can offer tips or previous questions they were asked??

Cheers
Shauna

S-crew'd
22nd May 2007, 16:25
Hi Shauna,

The Aer Lingus interview is relatively straightforward. Bring all the paperwork they requested with you. On arrival you'll be asked to fill out
a number of forms (nothing to worry about).

Normally you will be interviewed by 2 staff (one HR and one Senior crew member). The interview can last 30-45 minutes. The main areas you need to focus on our:
- your career\education to date
- your expectations of the role
- what you can bring to Aer Lingus
- how you could improve sales\service

Your own enthusiasm for the role will go along way in getting you the job so make sure you demonstrate very clearly that you want the job and don't be afraid to let them know :ok:

Hope this helps you. best of luck and hopefully we'll be flying together someday soon.

Just saw your post was made yesterday, hopefully the interview went well and that the above info is helpful to future candidates

Shauna
23rd May 2007, 10:47
Mod Delete - Text Speak

the former gk
5th Jun 2007, 01:09
Aer Lingus are to recruit cabin crew for new BFS base from next month(JULY)so I hear.Does anyone from EI know what T and C,s are being offered and what about direct entry seniors.Would like to know.And will BFS based crews get nightstops.

johnrizzo2000
7th Jun 2007, 17:14
I doubt very much that EI will recruit for a next base next month, when they wont be opening the new base until the start of 2008. They havent decided on the new base yet either, with BHX, MAN and BFS supposedly the main candidates. The ORK base gets no overnights, so i'd reckon the new base will be a similar size with no overnights. DUB crew get overnights in JFK, BOS, ORD, LAX, DXB, and LHR