PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific newly hired FO salary???

pumping iron
14th Mar 2007, 09:45
Hi everyone,

I am asking for a kindhearted soul here who knows roughly how much is the pay of a newly hired FO in cebu pacific.

All are welcome to give their feedback.

Thanks and God Bless to everyone..

planestupid
14th Mar 2007, 10:33
I'm guess less than USD2k a month if that! Its not about the money... its about making the boss rich. DUH!! No seriously... its about how quickly you can make it out to make the real peanuts!!

expatula
14th Mar 2007, 10:47
Right on, planestupid! I'm just too busy nowadays counting my peanuts! Ha!

http://www.fotosearch.com/images/spacer.gif
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/corbis/DGT072/CB035896.jpg http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/corbis/DGT072/CB035896.jpg http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/corbis/DGT072/CB035896.jpg http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/corbis/DGT072/CB035896.jpg

Damn, I lost count again! 1,999,995... 1,999,996... 1,999,997... 1,999,998... 1,999,999...

pumping iron
14th Mar 2007, 14:02
hahahahaha!!! thanks for that humor expatula, and by the way am pumping iron not ironman, planestupid thanks for that hint...

i know all your answers were true but still you've delivered them in a funny way...:D

Thanks guys...

thrust clb
14th Mar 2007, 22:01
simple question , simple answer= P95k to 100k a month.

pumping iron
14th Mar 2007, 23:00
thrust clb,

thanks for the info bro...

happy flying!!!:ok:

Left Wing
15th Mar 2007, 02:10
ok suffer on peanuts for few yrs; finish your bond and get F%$# out of there to middle east airlines who will be dying for crews in the next 5 yrs.

pumping iron
15th Mar 2007, 05:09
Quote: ok suffer on peanuts for few yrs; finish your bond and get F%$# out of there to middle east airlines who will be dying for crews in the next 5 yrs.

you're right on that left wing... i am ready to go for anything for the love of flying... yes i have family to feed at the same time but it's only a matter of time, it wont take eternity.. After that the rewards are greater, am i right?;)

Am prepared to tighten my belt for sometime...

Cheers mate!!!:ok:

expatula
15th Mar 2007, 05:12
Hey there, pumping man! Leftwing is right. Stay there for a while, get the hours and pack up. But don't forget to settle your bond... or at least try to do so. :O

95K-100K/mo, not so bad eh? But less tax, rent, food, clothing, kids' tuition, bills for elec/water/suncel?/credit card, mo amort for new civic, shopping for missus, coop loan, etc. What's left at the end of the month is just enough to drive you nuts!

Goodluck dude! Keep pumping!

DeltaSix
15th Mar 2007, 05:13
That's the right attitude pumping iron. Positive thinking.

CPdelirio
15th Mar 2007, 06:13
Why dont you buy this when you get to the sandpit instead of counting peanuts.Dont forget to send me baklavahttp://www.whypaysticker.com/images/pictures/VEHICLE/2008/Porsche/20112123-S.jpg (http://www.whypaysticker.com/form.php?model_id=681&pkg=-1&PHPSESSID=05a5bed19488d6ec52bf4657f7d1f3ed)!!!:} :} :}

kurimaw
15th Mar 2007, 14:38
Sirs....

cadet pilot program in cebu pacific........
what future really lies after you finish to this program??
the tuition fee is P3,750,000......

then 50% company will sponsor for that and 50%.....is the cadet who will participate for this program....

1,870,000/12months= 150+

----you will pay during your training within 12months...

and co-pilot of A320.....(5yrs?)

so it mean that....a A320 F/O gets only 95K - 100K??
inclusive of your taxes...? necessities....loan.....? food...?
and PEANUTS...???:confused:

what peanuts you will get to this company...??
and if they offer other option like Boybawang

ohnoriceagain
15th Mar 2007, 14:44
do they hire expats? and if yes what are the minimums and what else they require.:}

kurimaw
15th Mar 2007, 14:57
must be a high school graduate..
17 years old and above....
have knowledge in english and math
pay the assessment fee(entrance exam)P10,000

then.....if you pass....

d.p of P100,000
then.....150+per month....(12months)

then after you finish this program...you'll get a license of MPL...
then a rated pilot of A320...(co-pilot)

kurimaw
15th Mar 2007, 15:00
when i check to their website....

1,500hrs...flying experience in multi engine
have a radio license...
and have a 1st class medical certificate..!

Alpha 6
15th Mar 2007, 15:28
You really need to drive a SUV or bigger than that in the sandpit cause the roads there are full of a-holes specially the locals. The bigger the car, the safer you'll be.

Fabbe_Far
15th Mar 2007, 16:41
Aplhaaviation seems to be a good school? or not?
anybody visit the school yet?
I have been looking on their webbsite. but could someone give more details?

cheers

HALALAN07
15th Mar 2007, 19:50
HMMM..,

what if we buy a plane instead and build up flying time here, rent it out just to cover for expenses, then take a simulator course in the A320.

this will give our kids plenty of time to enjoy flying, get the confidence while we hook them up on the flt sim 2006 and introduce them to the glass cockpit...

any body interested?

mahal masyado yung sa clark... wat ya think ya??

teeepee
16th Mar 2007, 02:32
is CIA or Alpha group of UK by any chance connected with OMNI Aviation Corp. in ClaRK? i HEArd that pay scale is patterned after OMNI's pay scale.....:)

teeepee
16th Mar 2007, 02:50
hi pumping iron,
would you mind also publishing your present payscale?am sure it should be attractive as the jetstar (QANTAS) :) payscale giving,since you guys sound the same....

pumping iron
16th Mar 2007, 03:34
Quote:
hi pumping iron,
would you mind also publishing your present payscale?am sure it should be attractive as the jetstar (QANTAS) :) payscale giving,since you guys sound the same....

Hi teeepee,

am not employed by alpha aviation, i will only go for flight training under alpha/cia's facility, i will be on the second batch of this whole new MPL Program they have for that A320 FO program... I just posted the job post available for those who might get interested...

I can email you the contacts if you want but not in the forum...
I'll be more than glad to assist you in anyway i can...:ok:

P.S. Alpha Aviation/CIA is not connected with Omni Aviation, these are two different companies...or school rather...

vinciboy
16th Mar 2007, 20:04
CIA is not connected with Omni Aviation :)

thrust clb
18th Mar 2007, 08:51
95 to 100k a month for f/o's is NET of taxes, meaning it is the TAKE-HOME PAY. I dont know with you but it definitely cannot be classified as PEANUTS.

bd470
18th Mar 2007, 10:50
i've seen the school personally, the first simulator is already there but the amenities like rooms and canteen NEEDs much improvement but probably within minimum standards, the drawback is the EXPENSIVE :ugh: amt you have to pay to finish the course and not all airlines are ready to take you in :mad:

kurimaw
19th Mar 2007, 05:01
recently...

when i check cebupac website......

i've just read the info that the company...order 20 more airbus A320..

any idea if the CIA or CEBUPAC...

offers a financial scheme of paying the 1.8 M withn... 5 - 15yrs???

pumping iron
19th Mar 2007, 05:26
Quote: recently...
when i check cebupac website......

i've just read the info that the company...order 20 more airbus A320..

any idea if the CIA or CEBUPAC...

offers a financial scheme of paying the 1.8 M withn... 5 - 15yrs???
____________________________________________________________ ___

kurimaw, it's in CIA's website, http://www.iagclark.aero/.

kurimaw
19th Mar 2007, 12:09
give me some advice of this :confused:

payment scheme of this course
i think 15yrs...will be good enough time to pay 1.8M or 2.0M in this
:mad: course

should i take cebupac or PALav..??

cause....

i dont enough money...specially CASH!!!! to pay this :mad:
only thing to pay this....work with the company to pay this....????

pumping iron
19th Mar 2007, 14:48
Quote:
give me some advice of this :confused:

payment scheme of this course
i think 15yrs...will be good enough time to pay 1.8M or 2.0M in this
:mad: course

should i take cebupac or PALav..??

cause....

i dont enough money...specially CASH!!!! to pay this :mad:
only thing to pay this....work with the company to pay this....????

____________________________________________________________ __

kurimaw,

measure your financial status, if you can't, in anyway come up with anything to produce 1.8M after trying your best then don't push it through with CIA, if PAL offers you much flexible terms of payment then i think that's the best route, for your case that is...

always remember it doesn't matter whether which route you'll take as long as it will lead you to your passion (flying)... anybody can correct me if i am wrong saying this statement, but for me, which ever route will do coz that's how i love and treasure this profession... it'sounds a little bit dramatic but that's how it is, for me...

hope you'll arrive to a decision soon....:ok:

hot_sauce0610
19th Mar 2007, 22:37
is it true that you don't have to pay the sponosorship of cebupac after you graduate?they said that you just have to stay with them for 5 years. because in my case, i can only produce that 1.8M.what if cebupac won't sponsor you?

pumping iron
20th Mar 2007, 01:15
ooopss... sorry kurimaw but i didn't meant it that way, what i was trying to tell you is PAL Av school payment terms is much flexible compared to CIA which will be tight coz payment is due for only a year not like PAL which is every quarter of that two years right?

I apologize if i delivered my message in a not so clear sentence.

I hope i didn't offended you or something.

kurimaw
20th Mar 2007, 11:54
it's ok....no problem with that pumping iron....

jetcruiser
20th Mar 2007, 15:16
Kurimaw,

Simple and easy, get only what you can reach...one step at a time boy. Its not just a matter of Money that will prevent you from getting that job.

Jc

M1911
20th Mar 2007, 17:35
kurimaw

mangutang ka kay ironman :ok:

kurimaw
21st Mar 2007, 00:33
for me....
it's ok no matter how long it takes before i enter to this profession...
not too long....not so short

but right now....
i need a lot of advices, information, and ideas and strategies before i enter to this profession....

so i can be prepared..........and 100% sure.

ika nga... "step by step"

kasi pag hindi pinaghahandaan at wala kang plano
ikaw din ang mahihirapan....at baka ma-frustrated ka lang lalo na kung hindi natuloy yung gusto mo....or hindi mo kaya yung pinasok mo

cause this profession is not a JOKE:E
lots of money will be needed
and life risky!

the things that i've learned from my school is not only my guide...
but also the persons have already experience specially into this feild...(professional pilots, mechanics)

so after i graduated to my course......

well prepared and 100%sure that you'll enter this course and
carrying lots of ideas and info.....
to pass the interview and start of your carrer

thanks to the advices that you given to me

Pascual7E7
21st Mar 2007, 02:42
Any chance of a filipino American CFI/CFII/MEI instructor of getting hired into Cebu Pacific. I have dual citizenship and more than 1500 hrs of Total Time / 100 + Instrument / 100 + Multi / 100 + Night / 500 + X-Country. I also have a Commercial Instrument ASEL and AMEL with a FCC Radio Operators License and 1st Class Medical.

Alpha 6
21st Mar 2007, 06:33
Give it a shot Pascual7E7...I heard cebupac, asian spirit and others are hiring...

Pascual7E7
21st Mar 2007, 06:40
does it matter that all these certificates were issued under the FAA?

Alpha 6
21st Mar 2007, 06:49
It's an advantage and better if you have FAA Certificates:ok:
you can easily convert it there dude...

airfoil
21st Mar 2007, 08:04
hey there!! i inquired about the CEB prog. on CIA and they are just paying half of the fee..which is

Cebu Pacific Sponsorship package

The cost of the 1 year Course excluding accommodation and food is P3,500,000
Sponsored payment by airline with 5 year bond P 1,750,000.00
Payable by the cadet P 1,750,000.00
i just would like if there are possibilities that they would give 100% scholarship... :confused::confused:

kurimaw
21st Mar 2007, 15:31
NO!!!! they dont offer 100% scholarship program!

airbusbatics
24th Mar 2007, 08:01
Ladies and Gentleman,

Read between the lines! They say:
* Sponsored payment by airline with 5 year bond P 1,750,000.00
* Payable by the cadet P 1,750,000.00

In most airlines that means that you have to put up the money upfront for the bond. Meaning in cash or a bank guarantee. So you would still have to have P3,500,000. Half to pay for the course, half to give to the airline as a bond, and they would hold that for 5 years. You leave one day before the 5 years, and the money automatically reverts to them. That's how they do it! So if you think that you only need to come up with P 1,750,000.00 you're in for a surprise.

But you may ask: Can I have it deducted from my salary?

- Your salary from CebPac as an FO is not that much to start with. If you were to deduct P 29,166 from your salary each month for 5 years how much would you be left with? (assuming P1,750,000.00 divided by 60 months)
Furthermore, what has been quoted here on the forum are the take home salaries from current FO's at CebPac, FO's those who joined the company with at least 1500 hours TT. They were already at a different level of experience of the MPL's. MPL's salaries will be lower than that for certain. They have no previous experience or knowledge, so the scale should be different.
And what can they do about that? Absolutely nothing, which leads me to...

So what can I do or where can I go?

- The MPL is not yet fully recognized worlwide. A lot of the framework is still missing. The Europeans still want to study it further before they fully implement it in the JAR, as so do the Americans, the Australians, etc. Even the pilot's associations, like IFALPA aren't buying it for the time being. Look up their websites and see what they say. Also, the MPL licence, by it's nature should be done under the patronage of an airline, using that airlines SOP's and Airline Policy, in this case Cebu Pacific. But if you think that you can go to another airline tomorrow, knock on their door and say: "I have an MPL from an organization that worked with Cebu Pacific!", their most logical reply would be "well go work for them then". So at this specific point of time, not much you can do with it and nowhere much to use it. You can only be a First Officer in a multi-crew airplane with Cebu Pacific. Period.

My point is, if you're going to spend that amount of money on the course get some answers, don't just jump in the boat!

Ask Alpha:
Exactally how many hours will be done in an airplane and how many will be done in a simulator?
How much more money will it cost me for food and accomodation?
What about the exams at the ATO, how much will those cost me?
What kind of experience do your instructors have? Do they have an airline background?
Which books will we be studying from? CPL, ATPL or specific tailored books for the MPL?
Is this course completely approved by the ATO? Which kind of certification did you have to go thru?

Ask Cebu Pacific some questions:
What exactally will my salary be when I join the Company?
What kind of a career progression can I expect?
How will the internal framework be in regards to promotion to Captain later in the Career? Will I have to go out and get an ATPL?

Even ask the Air Transportation Office (ATO):
The MPL only allows me to act as a first officer in commercial air carrier operations. How can I be promoted to Captain? Will I need an ATPL? Will I be able to fly in GA with this licence?
As this licence is new, have you designed the required curriculum for the various subjects? What about the exams, have they been done?

Having said all that, if your only objective is to join Cebu Pacific and make a a career there and are willing to be there underpaid (in comparison to your fellow pilots performing exactally the same function in other airlines) for at least 5 years then go for it.

But I'll tell you something. The human mind is something very funny and it plays tricks on you. Perspective is sometimes everything. I know that any pilot would give his left buttock to get a job on his/her first jet. Especially on such a magnificent machine like the A320. You will even say to yourself "It's not about the money, I would even work for free, I love flying and flying a jet would be IT for me", and you would think "plus I'm getting free flight hours anyways, I can always go somewhere later". That is all very true for your first 2 years, until you get about 1500 hours.
Then you start looking at job conditions in other airlines, reading thru those last pages of "FLIGHT" magazine, seeing what's out there. And you start thinking "Damn. I have quite a lot of experience on the plane already. Plenty of jobs out there, paying triple what I'm earning here...."
And by then you also start realizing that there's no way you would do this job for free. You love it, but it's hard work, especially in those low cost airlines, getting up extremely early in the morning, fying those 4 sectors almost every single day... Plus being away from the family and friends a lot of the time, can't even make a phone call, hours on end completely abstracted from the rest of society, sharing only a small confined space with someone who you don't always particularly like... And what about the health dangers inherent to this job? Breathing that dry air all the time, the noise from the engines, the noise from APU and the packs when you have to do the exterior walkaround, the constant pressurizing / depressurizing, accelerating / decelarting, vibrations, turbulence, those headseats blasting out noise all the time, you eyes fixed on a screen for hours... "Hell, no way I would do this job for free! Actually Ceb Pac should be paying me much more for what I do....!
But they won't because that is the contract you have with them, contract thet you signed only three years ago... I guess perspective is everything sometimes.... And now you can't go anywhere, if you do you'll have to dish out that P 1,750,000.00. Plus which airlines will be accepting you with just an MPL that was tailored for Cebu Pacific? Unfortunately not many I'm guessing. Plus you would loose any kind of seniority. So you would probably stay until the at least the end of the contract....a little bit sour and bitter by it all, feeling that you are being cheated in some way, that you deserve more, all the other guys in the other airlines are getting more, some with even less experience than you..
And then you finish the contract, 5 years gone by. You are now free. So once again you look at all those jobs out there. Make some applications...
But that MPL is still not helping, you think "Damnit, should of gotten an ATPL, would make me more marketable." But you do get some offers, but they are either contracts with no chance of upgrades, or join an airline at the bottom of the list. Plus most probably you would have to uproot and relocate your whole family. And your spouse would have to let go of his/her current job, so you would be one income only... And then that's when the Company throws the Captaincy carrot at you. Make you feel special, remind you what an asset you are to the Company. And that if you stay with them you can expect to become a Captain very soon, maybe in less than 2 years...
That's something that you want. Plus you wouldn't have to change countries, change everything. Spouse would still keep working, and now with your Captain's salary combined with his/her salary you can make things work...
And there you are: Trapped in the system, the beggining of the cycle once again...
I think most pilots can relate to this, I'm guessing you guys at CebPac will know what I'm talking about. And you don't have an MPL licence :E

Please note that by these words I do NOT intend in anyway to put down Cebu Pacific, the Company, it's management, much less it's pilots. I think they are a great company who are doing great things, I wish them the best of luck. It's pilots are a great bunch of people and very professional, it's flight attendants are excellent, very funny and courteous. I fly with Ceb Pac at least once a month and I have always got outstanding service.
What I am giving you here is my honest opinion on this topic, nothing more nothing less, so that it might help you can make an informed decision.

Airbusbatics

Check IFALPA's position on the MPL: http://mail.beca.be/tulip/position/IFALPA%20Position%20Statement%20MPL.pdf

Check ECA's position on the MPL:
http://www.aca.or.at/artikel/download/ECA_MPL.pdf

expatula
24th Mar 2007, 10:19
Airbusbatics, excellent post! Very articulate piece of work! You impress me so much with your clearly defined thoughts and manner of writing. Hats off to you and safe flight always!

Expat

Alpha 6
24th Mar 2007, 12:08
nice one airbusbatics...
now that's what I call thingking outside the box...
safe flight always:ok:

urgood
25th Mar 2007, 10:02
airbusbatics what more can i say but...URGOOD!:D:ok:

kurimaw
25th Mar 2007, 13:50
SIRS....

i have a files in my p.c that i've downloaded in the internet...a year ago..

should i start now to read this documents....
but.....there are so many pages....
and what manual should i start to read on????

the files that i've downloaded are the ff:

1. 737-400 crew training manual - 274 pages
2. 737(including NG) manual - 20 pages
3. 737(including NG) Management Reference Guide - 40 pages
4. 737(including NG) Airplane Characteristics For Airport Planning -
686 pages
5. 747-400 Airplane Characteristics For Airport Planning - 224 pages
6. 777-200/300 Airplane Characteristic For Airport Planning - 162 pages
7. NASA: Using Engine Thrust For Emergency Flight Control
(MD-11 And B747) - 32 pages
8. Boeing 747-400 advance operations Tutorial (simulator) - 112 pages
9. Normal Checklist of 747-400 - 3 pages

Airbus manuals are very difficult to find in the web....

planestupid
25th Mar 2007, 16:40
:E http://www.carstuckgirls.com/carstuckgirls_vid011_allroad_021.jpg

It works like this guys....see how this lovely specimen of the opposite sex is pushing the audi outta the mud... Well PAL and CP are just like this audi. Most people like audi just like most people like planes... this girl is bending over backwards to get the car outta the mud. GUYS you are the girl BENDING OVER!!! Papa lucio and lance are on the side of the road watching this sweaty girl get all muddy and also watching that gorgeous a@@:E bending over.

So the moral of the story is if you want to be a pilot for PAL or CP .. be prepared to bend over and grab your ankles for a couple of years while lucio and lance fxxk you up the a##!!:sad:

ohnoriceagain
25th Mar 2007, 20:07
well i still like that a$$:}
im very concerned about this MPL and most of it because these cadets never fly solo...i fear that all this is only to save money.
the old way might not be the best but its proven its working well enough.
this MPL doesnt have any record and it seems to me they are going to implement it too fast...they want to build the necessary pilots in a fast and cheap way to fill seats, how sad and very unsafe.
they kill all the beauty of flying too and they do this on purpose because they want office type pilot, they can fly only the airplane tr in their MPL and they dont have any really attitude for command.
i can see this is a way to kill the job forever...i just hope it wont be the way to kill people too.

kurimaw
26th Mar 2007, 11:16
MPL...........

why this training produce in PINAS??
and why the goverment accept this kind of training
to get a MPL...

strikerA320
26th Mar 2007, 11:24
Airbusbatics,

You said it "ALL" !
I don't know with other LCC's in the region; but Pilots for LCC's in Singapore are well paid. Almost at par with SQ, but of course minus some perks.
:D :D

ohnoriceagain
26th Mar 2007, 15:23
well they accept because its easier to produce an airline pilot and after you are the slave of the company:}
but this is a marginal problem because the real one is that IMO you wont be a safe pilot:ugh:

piper 606
26th Mar 2007, 18:33
heya,

PR and 5J is an Airline which u can use as TRAINING GROUNDS only.

But working with will make you DIFFERENT Human BEING...

Good Luck

jetcruiser
28th Mar 2007, 02:50
Im guessing that this MPL thing, is more like a Security for the company. If One MPL course suits Cebupac only, then theres no way pilots can jump from one ship to the other....clever indeed.:eek:

Bill Smith
28th Mar 2007, 02:59
For Guy's looking for info for Airbus and many other types try here:

http://www.smartcockpit.com

Happy reading :)

kurimaw
28th Mar 2007, 11:39
thanks for the info Bill Smith...........

i'm really finding this flight crew manual of airbus....
now.... i have the reference for familarizing the airbus system..

for my preparation in the future....!

happy flying and God Bless

airbusbatics
28th Mar 2007, 11:53
Also try:

http://www.wingfiles.com/

As they put it:
"This web page tries to provide a link to documents scattered all over the internet that could be of interest to the Airline Pilot. An effort is made to keep it updated and to limit the amount of relevant references to a minimum. "

I say:
AN OUTSTANDING WEBSITE! Concise, clear and extremely useful.

Enjoy,
Airbusbatics

kurimaw
29th Mar 2007, 01:02
thanks for the info.....airbusbatics....

i got now the all the info's that i need for my future...

but i have a problem....?

where will i start....??? i didn't start my flying carrer yet!
and what should i read first.....?? cessna?, then what next???
and all the aircraft sys. and crew training manual.....

or.........

should i start reading this now?? and what aircraft system should i read...?

any good advice for this??? airbusbatics???

thanks.....

happy flying and God Bless..........!

jetcruiser
29th Mar 2007, 04:40
Hi Kurimaw,

You dont have to go to specifics now, like which Aircraft you will read and study, since you're not yet there in Flying stage as you've said. Instead, I suggest you try reading Subjects or Articles in relation to Theory of flights, Meteorology, Aviation Medicine, and lots more topics that are useful for the enhancement of your knowledge in this field you are aiming at.
Reading a full length of the 747 Operations Manual or any type for that matter,wont do you any help in achieving this Career. You can do all this when you get there and its best to learn through a Human-Machine interphase or Hands-on.

Jc

kurimaw
29th Mar 2007, 07:40
thanks for the advice jc..........

actually..... i've already finish my lessons in theory of flight during my 1st semester......

but we don't have any subjects like meteorology. because were in maintenance subject....

but my friend have this subject and also he finish this lesson last semester......

because of that info.....i must borrow his meteorology book.....

where can i find the aviation medicine????

in the web..... i've already read the 1st class medical info in the website of the FAA...should i download it??

or buy some books in the bookstore.........!

thanks...!

stryper
29th Mar 2007, 13:05
I believe we should never judge as early as now how things are gonna be in the CLARK Aviation-CEB tie up, give it a break guys...the program has just started, they are very well equipped and the people involved here are professionals in the world aviation industry for sure not just the "iskul-bukol' mushroom flight schools around the corner.

It's too soon to judge if MPL is bad or not and a lot of studies are still going on about it...it has worked for some countries, who knows it could work for us..

Cebu Pacific is a very fast growing company that's gaining competitiveness in Asia, their success is the success of Philippine aviation too. Let's give 'em a chance..:cool:

relax....

jetcruiser
29th Mar 2007, 16:24
Kurimaw,

Do you know that you can already get a Student Pilot License? Even if you're not enrolled on any flying school, ATO wont be requiring anything on this, as it is just for training purposes.
By doing so, you will undergo Medical checks and as early as now you'll be able to know if there are any problems in your eyesight, depth perception, color recognition etc.

Jc

kurimaw
30th Mar 2007, 00:48
nice info jc....thanks for that.....

how much will i spend for that kind of license and medical fees....?
and what office should i go.....in nichols or in beside of NAIA2??

jc....

SPL license....ilang months before it expires....
if i got this license....
no problem ba if i get a A/P license nxt yr???

thanks....

jetcruiser
2nd Apr 2007, 03:42
near NAIA 2, in front of Nayong pilipino. 2 years validity.

aeon
2nd Apr 2007, 06:34
sir jetcruiser, how much will the SPL cost me?

what are the requirements?

kurimaw
2nd Apr 2007, 07:30
thanks jc......

Alpha 6
2nd Apr 2007, 07:53
Guys,

Check Air Transportation Office's website; www.ato.gov.ph (http://www.ato.gov.ph) for requirements and other info.

flyboylipad
11th May 2007, 08:18
Hi guys,

Been reading all your funny replies... reading this tread gives me a lot of the info i was looking for.

Reading a lot of your comments about CEBU PAC some are good, some are i guess bad.

I've also been thinking about applying to Cebu PAC, im currently a Grade 2 Flt Instructor for China Southern Airlines based in Western Australia, i have close to 1500TT. i can hold my philippine passport again. Im a Filipino/Aust.

still have to really wieigh up my options, the pros and the cons. Just wanted your opinion guys before i invest on my Philippine LIcense conversion. what do you think?

I expect the pay to be low, is it really abound 100k pesos a month? but then again the standard of living there is also low. im pretty sure Cebu Pacific will pay for your Airbus type rating and your bonded for 3 years. can someone confirm all of this. thanks

also, dodnt know CP has Second officers! so if i get in i start as a SO?

flyboylipad

ssangyongs
12th May 2007, 13:23
hey people, do u think it's a logical think to do? i mean paying half of the training cost for cadet pilot program.

cost of doing Frozen ATPL in Malaysia :

PPL, CPL/IR, Frozen ATPL without type rating cost about RM 190,000 (including accomodation and meals)

RM 1 = PHP 13

RM 190,000 x 13 = PHP 2,470,000 including accommodation and meals people!!!

And CEB demand cadet pilot to shoulder half of the training cost which is PHP 3,750,000. They said they gonna pay half, so u need to pay PHP 1,870,000.

I dont think cost of doing ATPL is that high especially in the Philippines. How can Malaysia charge less because from what i heard standard of training there quite strict and high. They have SIA, Kingfisher and Indian Airlines sending pilots there for ATPL too. So there's no doubt about the quality.

In phils? how could they charge more? or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years.

You pay for your own training and you sign bond to keep you from flying with other airlines. Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?

Well this is just my theory. because i dont think cost of obtaining license in phils is that high. please think again. :rolleyes:

airbusbatics
19th May 2007, 06:22
Ssangyong:

First, get your Mathematics right!

The cost of the course is 3,750,000 PHP which divided by 2 is 1,875,000, NOT1,870,000 as you mentioned. Mathematics is a fundamental part of a pilots life - learn it!
Also, you say that a frozen ATPL course costs something like 2,470,000 in Malaysia. Not a bad price, it's about average. So add to that the price of an A320 type rating. The cheapest ones I know of are in the States and Canada, and they cost you about 10,500 USD. So that's about another 575,000 PHP minimum, excluding airfare, accomodation and meals. That's if you do it in the States or Canada, it's substantially more expensive if you do it in Europe or in the Asia-Pacific region, I know of programs that cost 28,000 USD. But wait, before you can do the type rating course you need an MCC course. Let's say, on the cheap side, an extra 1500 USD minimum or 150,000 PHP...
So how are those mathematics adding up.....
But keep in mind that the type rating course I mentioned here is just that, a bare type rating course, if you want to add to that a base flight and buy 300 operational hours flying with some airline, altogether that would cost you 45,000 USD, minimum, or 2,250,000 PHP.
So how are those mathematics adding up....

Now, Cebu Pacific offers you all that: the theory/pratical part equivalent to a Frozen ATPL, an MCC course, a A320 type rating, a base flight and the opportunity to have a job on a jet straight out of the course....Plus a lot of the people joining the program have been given 50% scholarships by CEB, some even 100%...
All that bonded for 3 years for the 50%, bonded for 5 years for the 100% if I'm not mistaken.... That might not be a bad deal...
Plus the bond is pro-rata, so for example for someone who paid half of the course, if you do one year with CebPac you only have to pay the outstanding two thirds, after two years an outstanding one third, etc.

So, resuming, your direct comparison between the price of a frozen ATPL course in Malaysia and the price of the program offered by CEB is a simplistic approach...As you would say: "Please think again"

Price of a frozen ATPL in Malaysia...................................PHP 2,470,000
Price of CEB cadet pilot course in the Philippines................PHP 3,750,000
Getting Ssangyongs to do mathematics............................Priceless

Second, be coherent!

Here, on this thread, you make statements like:
"or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years. and "You pay for your own training and you sign bond to keep you from flying with other airlines. Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?"

And then on the 16th May on the 'cebPac pilot exodus' thread you say:
"3 yrs with CEB wont be bad at all. I'll try with them too. by next year. good luck"

So, now 3 years ain't bad, huh? Feeling ready to be conned are you...?????

Here you state:
"How can Malaysia charge less because from what i heard standard of training there quite strict and high. They have SIA, Kingfisher and Indian Airlines sending pilots there for ATPL too. So there's no doubt about the quality."

Then on the 'Flight Training In Malaysia! MFA,HMA or APFT?' thread you say:
"At first i thought schools in Malaysia are generally good but they sucks too..."

So what's it gonna be? Good or Bad? Make up your mind....

Pilots are supposed to be assertive and assured. You change colours like I change underwear....

Third, Cover your tracks!

If I go to see your public profile and read your other posts on other threads, I can gather....:

You did your training at MFA in Malaysia, you flew DH6 Twin-Otters in Borneo, you fly cropdusters in Malaysia, you're studying economics at Uni...

How many people do you think match your profile?
So when you submit your CV at CebPac next year, have you thought about the possibility that the hiring people there and Mr. Gonkongwei would know who you are....and maybe remember such pearls of wisdom like:
"or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years. and "Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?"

Understand this this is a public forum.... If you are going to come on this open forum and make comments like that, once again, be aware of possible repercussions, Big brother might be watching you...

PS - I personally like to call him "GOOK"ongwei, but I'm not applying for Cebu Pacific am I....

So, cover your tracks.....

So based on everything that I have said above, next time you post, think before you post.

You reveal yourself as immature.

I think it's time for the Boy to become a Man.

Alpha 6
19th May 2007, 06:43
wow airbusbatics...you can be a good investigative reporter/researcher, NBI or CIA agent. I'm sure ssangyong would be shrinking this time:}

stryper
19th May 2007, 07:08
Dude, think again... you got World Class Training in that school in there I have tell you. I heard about recent media buzz about the school and I think they're featuring it soon in the papers and on TV. Something that we Filipinos should be proud of.

Alpha Aviation sent their best British instructors to man the training team, I heard their CBT Training is one of the best, if not "THE" best available in the market. Classrooms are well equipped, expensive computers, expensive chairs, excellent instructional programs, expensive quality materials plus books and manuals, new airplanes, CAE A320 Simulators and the training is all done under JAA standards. Very straightforward, they tell you the cost of the course inclusive of everything...no more embedded hidden charges etc...

I believe this is a jackpot for all inspiring pilots wanting a frozen ATPL, we're lucky it's here in the Philippines. I think they're gonna raise the tutition soon, which I think is justifiable with the quality of training and equipment this place is using.

Moreso, Cebu Pacific sponsoring half of your tuition plus giving you opportunity to work in a jet to accumulate your hours is a sweet deal. I know a lot of pilots who would beg and pay just to get hours and be given a chance to fly those A320s after they finish their CPLs. Here you get them to pay half of your tuition, then they guarantee you pay and work for 3 years!

Hurry up before Gokongwei wakes up and changes his mind in giving this opportunity to YOU aspiring Filipino pilots!

Smiling_Goat
19th May 2007, 07:24
Does Cebu Pacific automatically sponsor half the training cost for ALL successful applicants?

I checked the Alpha Aviation Group website and this is what I read from the application form I downloaded:

"Currently all our airline sponsorship places are full. We are constantly negotiating with many airlines in order to secure additional sponsorship for cadets.

Airline customers will initially be offered the choice of cadets who are already enrolled at the Institute and should we not be able to satisfy their requirements, we will advertise on this site and suitable
newspapers."

Can anyone clarify what this means?

ssangyongs
19th May 2007, 11:25
i am very proud because somebody did a homework about me. the first time in my life

first of all. yeah i am a pilot. not type rated on airbus, but on DHC06 TWIN OTTER. about 50 hrs TT (plus 200 on piper seneca GT), about 1000++ on single engine (including crop duster). Might not be impressive, but im slowly building hours.

I am not as lucky as those of you, who get full or partial scholarship to do pilot training.

COPIED FROM MY PREVIOUS POST :

ex-twin otter pilot here

i earned about RM 4000 p/m (about $1300) flying as F/O in Borneo. but retrenched as a result of domestic rationalization program. they transfer the company to new management so they tell me i had to stop because they prefer guys with more experience. i left and after two weeks they call and want me back because all the experienced pilots left after they get offer (from the new company's sister company, same management) as F/O on a320. i said no because it's obvious they will offer me lower pay because i'm new from school. also i already enrolled for economics course in local university.

their attitude is amazing.

well u can inquire them. Fly Asian Xpress. based in Miri, Malaysia.

I GOT RETRENCED. UNDERSTOOD. BECAUSE I WAS RETRENCED BY THIS COMPANY NOW TO FILL UP MY TIME I CHOOSE TO STUDY ECONOMICS. UNLIKE ANY OTHER PILOT SPENDING EXTRA HOURS DOING RESEARCH ABOUT STRANGERS.

I flied crop duster part time. mostly on weekend. not my full time job though. to build up my hours. pay-per-job basis. there's no harm in earning extra few bucks to do my own type rating which gonna cost at least $10.5k.

Since im jobless and decided to continue my study in uni, i actively seeking future opportunities in any company including cebu pacific. im ready to fly for gokongwei if he's willing to pay my type rating on airbus. and 3 years of service bond.

HOWEVER IM NOT INTERESTED (if im still pilot wannabe) to pay half of my training cost then get myself contracted to him, considering i can do on my own at slight lower prices, with no contract whatsoever. Let say, i qualified to be interviewed by Cebu pacific, satisfying all their strict criteria, and voila i land a cadet pilot program with CEB, i still have to pay half, amounting the value i miscalculated (and you got it right) to 'truly' enabled me to achieve my dream of flying.

Im telling all the wannabes out there, whether they interested or not, there's still many opportunities out there. I am not aware such thing as a 100% scholarship offered by CEB . All we hear and read in the newspaper is 50%, not 100%. U also need to verify your data.

about this "At first i thought schools in Malaysia are generally good but they sucks too..."

i graduated from this school, MFA, where his principal is capt. kashav, retired Indian air force pilot. there's no doubt about the training quality during my time. however after my batch left we heard about instructors left. other flying school are opening up in Malaysia, so there's a shortage of instructors. they left not because the state of training but being offered better pay, who'll refuse? Problems are everywhere, but i heard that this MH captain, who convert his license from Malaysian DCA ICAO to JAA, during exams he chatted about license conversion, the liaison officer of JAA said that if they have they will and if it's not because regulatory, pilots who had training in Malaysia, Australia and another country i forget can walk straight and take their new license, because these countries flying school is very strict especially on the theory test, where (he said) other countries schools would just pass their students,some even help theirs adding extra hours by just writing it in the log book.i hope and i believe this is not the case in the Philippines. That's the standard i mention. If you don't agree with me, i don't have any problem, ask any SQ, and MH pilots. And i want to stress here i didn't say standard of training in phils is low whatsoever.

I don't want to argue about you doing such a deep homework about me, maybe you're just like me,unemployed or simply not being in the job market or worse, a wannabe pilots who had nothing to do other than waiting the answers from ceb. I don't have such luxury of free time doing research about people who criticize me on the net. :=

What if, a son or daughter of a farmer, fared well in school, having ambition to become a pilot, qualified for cadet pilot by ceb, but have to turn it down because she/he cant afford the 50% of the fee? I want all the wannabes here to understand apart from cadet pilot by ceb, if they cant afford it, there's other way to become an aviator, joining air force for instance? Dont feel let down with the training cost.

Or they can afford it but having doubt or dont want to be bonded after the training, they can come to Malaysia. Well i know about the new school. You can go there, if you have doubt you ask them, new school doesnt mean sure-top notch training. It's the decision really. Im just comparing of what CEB demand and what you should pay to get the same thing in Malaysia. I just want people to think, and im glad u did. U clear all the confusion and even me myself im amazed.

You told me that i am immature, maybe i am. No man is perfect even a pilot. im just 22.

So wait for my CV ya, another 2 years i will finish my degree, and again i will embark my journey to become a full time pilot.

Please bear this in your mind, PPRUNE is a forum for pilots or anyone related to aviation, we're not interested in knowing how many times you change you underwear.:hmm: immature? only you can tell.......

pumping iron
22nd May 2007, 07:17
hey people, do u think it's a logical think to do? i mean paying half of the training cost for cadet pilot program.

cost of doing Frozen ATPL in Malaysia :

PPL, CPL/IR, Frozen ATPL without type rating cost about RM 190,000 (including accomodation and meals)

RM 1 = PHP 13

RM 190,000 x 13 = PHP 2,470,000 including accommodation and meals people!!!

And CEB demand cadet pilot to shoulder half of the training cost which is PHP 3,750,000. They said they gonna pay half, so u need to pay PHP 1,870,000.

I dont think cost of doing ATPL is that high especially in the Philippines. How can Malaysia charge less because from what i heard standard of training there quite strict and high. They have SIA, Kingfisher and Indian Airlines sending pilots there for ATPL too. So there's no doubt about the quality.

In phils? how could they charge more? or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years.

You pay for your own training and you sign bond to keep you from flying with other airlines. Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?

Well this is just my theory. because i dont think cost of obtaining license in phils is that high. please think again. :rolleyes:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/forums/report.php?p=3284102)

Hey dude,

firstly, a mature person does not give remarks to people he really doesn't know personally. You may have just picked some feedbacks from people on this forum about Mr. Gokongwei. You're from Malaysia, you dont live here in manila, you're not even a cebu pac employee but then, you give foolish remarks on this person as if you have experience those things you've mentioned.:=

Airbusbastic is correct when he said the boy needs to grow up and become a man!!!

Remember, you are a pilot, you are not a gossip magazine writer!!!!

happy flying!!! :}

kurimaw
22nd May 2007, 08:01
can 1,875,000 paid during the start of the bond........not during the 12month training?? in CIA???

ssangyongs
22nd May 2007, 16:22
no hard feelings about mr airbusarcastic or anyone. my opinion about ceb pacific is still unchanged.

if you said that matured people dont give remarks or opinion about the people they dont know then mr airbusarcastic is just like me, immature because he dont know me and made a remark about me for not doing math calculation accurate as he is, considering i missed the amount by what? 5000 or 50000 peso??

i see no further point arguing about this. it's still my opinion though..

well in the phils u dont have full flying scholarship. i thought PAL used to have one.

it's kinda sad though, with partial scholarship only those who come from middle income family can afford to be a pilot.

kurimaw
25th May 2007, 09:28
cebupac orders 14 ATR-72 aircraft..........

any idea?? if they require to hire a pilot to fly this kind of aircraft??

Cessna1052
25th May 2007, 09:45
Emirates is still hiring guys, if anybody is interested. They are now providing Airfares for the interview, unlike before that applicants spend for their own trip.
Just increased the salary lately, and that includes the Educational support allowance too.
Direct entry Captain position is also available to those who are Qualified(B777).
Direct entry FO for the A380s - at least 340 rated pilots are at present being looked at.(with all the delay, 2008 is the year for the 380s)

FO entry for 777 and 330s too.

Type rating not required

Plenty of lay-overs to choose from and turn arounds too, di mauubusan sa mga sikat.(bato bato sa langit)

City Living and lifestyle at its best ( depends on you ). Hindi lang disyerto ang meron kami.

Working Condition is good...cant say its the best, but its fine. A busy workplace just like all others. 900hours a year limit compared to our 1000hrs a year limitation in the Phil.

Summer is really Hot(32-35deg at night/ 40-50deg at day), but what the worries with a fully centralized villa or apartment, you'll never gonna noticed its already winter time. And what the heck, you'll be in Europe, USA or Australia enjoying a cup of coffee and the weather. (Coffee not that bad in Africa, india or Asia too)

It does Rain during Dec to Feb.(3 to 5 days in a row)

Dubai is a place free to practice ones religion and beliefs, you can even go out with a Woman whose not your wife( this are just sidedishes, which I dont recommend ).Hmmmmm:E

Multi cultural school environment exposure for the Kids is Best, just remind them of our own cultures sometimes.

The Best of them All, Living with the wife and kids.(if this is how you like it)

Im only giving options to those who are really keen of going, bec. others end up going somewhere they later felt was a big mistake. Wag niyo ng sirain ang pangalan ninyo if you only want to try and see it, passing it doesnt mean you're Sharp anyway. If your ON, then Emirates needs you.

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/)

check it out:ok:

expatula
25th May 2007, 10:05
Cessna1052,

Hi there old buddy! Before anything else, let me just wish you a very happy birthday! Hehe. Inuman na ba?

Cessna is right guys. If you have what it takes to be an expat pilot with all the glamour and prestige of an Emirates or an EY jock, then go for it. There are a lot of FO jobs in EK, as well as EY, that are up for grabs at the moment. Come and see for yourself the beauty of living in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Don't miss your chance, or you will regret it.

Cessna, hope to meet up with you in one of those nice layovers in Paris or London or Frankfurt. Gotta have a beer or two and some nice chit chat. Whatcha think?

Okay buddy, see you around. :ok:

Cessna1052
25th May 2007, 10:31
Hi Expat,

I hope you could come to the party, masarap na inuman to mamya.
See you there.

What time kayo pupunta nila KT? bring the family pare.

Cheers!
C1052

calmpilot
26th May 2007, 17:30
:)Hope all of you doing well.I have got my CPL/IR from Iran C.A.O. I'm willing to go to the Philippines and Look for a Flying club or Flying school to build up some flying times by Cessna 172.Is anybody knows where and how can i start?Just advice me a good clubs please.
Regards
Jafar.

calmpilot
26th May 2007, 17:36
Actually i was in the Philippines 2 years ago and use to travel alot with Cebu Pac. I love being one of their member as a Pilot.Are you sure about ATRs?
By the way look up and tell me if you know something about flying schools or clubs in the Philippines where i can build up some flying times by c172.
Blue Skys:)

flyboylipad
27th May 2007, 07:05
Calmpilot,

you can try Omni Aviaiton at Clark, Masters at Plaridel, maybe Airlink aeroclub in Manila or Flyaviatour in Cebu... these are flying schools i know off

TheDuke
30th Sep 2014, 17:48
Good day Gents and Ladies,

Been reading the posts on Cebu Pacific. Anyone know what their current 2014 salary scales are?

Thanks

Black Crow
30th Sep 2014, 23:43
Good day Gents and Ladies,

Been reading the posts on Cebu Pacific. Anyone know what their current 2014 salary scales are?

Thanks

CP has inconsistent pay scales. If you are Filipino you may have one scale, if you are an expat you may have another.

Before you consider CP, be aware you are choosing the bottom feeder of SE Asia. The lowest pay, no real benefits, an archaic vacation and sick leave system. Training is non existent. Their version of training is to sit through classes lead by inexperienced instructors, then be given a test along with an answer sheet so everyone scores 100. Sim training is an outright abomination.

As far as pay, you will receive a "training allowance" of basically $500/ month while in training, no base pay and no flight pay. Training is from ground school till you are "released" for line training, and this process can be 6+ months.

Once released you can expect about $3500 to $4000/month pay (on about 80 hours of flying). Way, way below industry standards. The pay is based upon "experienced based pay" which means you only see pay raises at 500 hours, 2000 hours, 3500 hours, etc. and the pay raises are very small.

Schedule? The worst in the industry. You will only be "allowed" 8 days off per month, and not at once. Very rare to see more than 2 days off at a time, and you will arrive late your last day (9pm to 2am) , then 2 days off with a show time of 2 to 3 am on your first day. This is the standard there. Your "2 days off" is really one day.

The schedules are chaotic and will leave you very fatigued.

And, don't forget, you as the applicant are responsible to pay ALL of your pre employment expenses, such as your work permit which is over P100,000 now.

And (yes there's more!) you will be required to sign a "training bond" for about $25,000 and three years. There is no prorating this bond. Essentially you are putting yourself into 3 years indentured service.

Black Crow
2nd Oct 2014, 00:02
Forgot to add another benefit. There is no pay guarantee at CP.

Call in sick, loose your flight pay. Take vacation and also loose your flight pay.

Getting sick or using your vacation will cost you big time.

flyaway816
5th Oct 2014, 00:06
Newly hired FO salary could be around US 2-3K. There are actually other companies offering way higher than that, with better perks IMO.

Black Crow
5th Oct 2014, 23:52
Newly hired FO salary could be around US 2-3K. There are actually other companies offering way higher than that, with better perks IMO.

Just remember, to get to earning a salary (base+flight pay) a new hire will spend 6+ months at $500/month (P20,000) first.