PDA

View Full Version : new east anglian air ambulance

bell222
13th Mar 2007, 23:12
does anybody know what the new machine will be when the new east anglian air ambulance starts to serve the beds area ? thanks in advance.:)

Whirlygig
13th Mar 2007, 23:58
Serve the beds area? Must be something with a small footprint then! :} :p

They only recently got a BK117 (last year?) which covers Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire so I'm not sure that they would be replacing that one too quickly.

Cheers

Whirls

bell222
14th Mar 2007, 08:28
No they will run the bk 117 as well but will cover beds cambs norfolk and suffolk so it will be 2 aircraft for the four counties.

quichemech
14th Mar 2007, 13:48
Maybe the 105 will see some action again:rolleyes:

bell222
14th Mar 2007, 14:12
no i believe the 105 will be the back up but they are looking for a new full time machine for the extra area (beds).

206 jock
14th Mar 2007, 17:07
Not quite true: I beleive that plan is to base a second BK117 at somewhere like Duxford, to cover primarily Cambs and Beds, so the existing machine will cover Norfolk and Suffolk. That way, they wouldn't need the BO105 back up, as they would be self-supporting.

The BK117 is a strange choice: not many rated pilots, little support infrastructure. But clearly it works for them.

Can I stress that this is no more than rumour, derived from their 'rivals' in Essex.

nodrama
14th Mar 2007, 17:08
145 maybe? How much money have they got to spend and how soon do they want it?

bell222
14th Mar 2007, 17:33
not such a rumour as a fundraiser is taking place according to the east anglian aa website have also heard that a second aircraft could be online by the summer

DennisK
14th Mar 2007, 18:35
Having spent a super day flying with Sterling Aviation's Luke Morgan, the Head of Flight Ops, I soon appreciated the paramedics, the pilots and ops team are absolutely delighted with the performance and patient space offered by their BK117C-1.

The extended operation will cover six counties and serve 5.5 million people and I can't help feeling Sterling's natural choice will be a second Bolkow 117with the BO 105 keeping its position as the back-up machine.

I've written a full report for the April issue of Loop. www.loop.aero.

Dennis Kenyon.

bell222
14th Mar 2007, 21:34
thanks for those details hopefully will see the new aircraft soon

bell222
16th Mar 2007, 21:55
would both machines return to norwich at night

bell222
2nd May 2007, 09:04
i believe that a new aircraft has been found anyone know of any details

Max_Chat
2nd May 2007, 12:46
Good luck with the fund raising. Gets my support when ever they are shaking the donation tins. It is about time that the Government stuck it's hands in it's pockets and started to fund the Air Ambulance facilities across the country. God knows they spend enough on white elephants how about some cash for a worthy cause?

SilsoeSid
2nd May 2007, 14:48
Unfortunately Max, the Govt wouldn't just give away some money and not have a say in the running of AAs.

As has been covered before, involve the Govt with the Air Ambulances and when the cutbacks come, guess what will be the first casualty!

Ask anyone involved with the running of an AA and I'm sure that they would say they would rather be run as charities, than become part of the NHS!

Unless of course it happens to be in Scotland,... I'm led to believe!

Rigga
4th May 2007, 22:10
According to the Type Certificate:-
ec145 = BK117 C-2

ppheli
14th May 2007, 12:49
bell222 - have they identified another 117C-1 from within the UK??? There's a police force likely to dispose of one before long...

bell222
14th May 2007, 13:30
could that be G-DCPA ?

Daft bat
15th May 2007, 14:54
They wanted to base the new aircraft at RAF Henlow however there was no hangerage available for it, it was offered the temporary pad being used by the Police while there new base is being built, however there is no hanger.
But not to worry the crabs came to the rescue and have got them a location at RAF Wyton I believe, sorry aircraft type not known;)

206 jock
15th May 2007, 15:58
Henlow would have been a strange place to locate it anyway: the Beds machine won't cover Hertfordshire, as there is a separate campaign in Hertfordshire for coverage initially by the Essex machine, which is NOT part of the East Anglia Air ambulance service.

Henlow and Norwich...talk about opposite ends of the patch!

I'm intimately involved in the Hertfordshire campaign, so can furnish any more information required.