PDA

View Full Version : GF VPs' Mass Resignations

left_to_first_class
13th Mar 2007, 17:36
Rumours doing the round at the Pink Palace is that a number of VPs have been asked to resign their position.
Heard that VPO was the first, then VPT, VPS and finally VPN.
All had pressure put on them to leave their post before the new PCE joins.

Likelyhood is that Andre Dose want to bring in his swiss executives to get the company running professionally.
The board is supporting Andre as he has his man Michael Wettes on the board.

Its very interesting times at the Pink Palace and April 2nd is going to a news-worthy day.

Speedbrake Lever
13th Mar 2007, 19:26
Asked to resign !!

They should have received a Size 12 boot long time ago

plus about 2000 other unneeded beggars who do damn all

S.L.

tmax
13th Mar 2007, 20:27
well i think all pilots and the fellow line engineers should have asked to resign asap!these are the one's responsible for the mess!

tbaylx
14th Mar 2007, 09:31
Interesting take on the situation..it's the pilots and engineers fault. I'll tell you what, i'll make a deal. If by the fall things haven't improved at the airline under new management, i'll resign and accept total responsability.:)

Stratosphere6000
14th Mar 2007, 10:13
Just managed to pick myself up off the ground as I almost choked to death with laughter.........................Give tmax a break, its obvious somebody's spiked his shisha.....

left_to_first_class
14th Mar 2007, 13:04
To all Gulf Air Staff:

I would like to make two important announcements on behalf of Gulf Air Management and Board of Directors.

Mr. Fareed Al Alawi, Vice President Network has tendered his resignation to the Gulf Air Board of Directors. Fareed has kindly accepted to continue in his position with Gulf Air till a suitable replacement is found for a proper hand-over to ensure a smooth transition.

Also following 33 years of service with Gulf Air, Mr. Abdulkhaliq Saeed, Vice President Technical has tendered his resignation to the Gulf Air Board of Directors.

Mr. Jeffery Solomon, has been appointed to the position of Vice President Technical. Mr. Solomon brings a wealth of Aircraft Engineering & Maintenance experience to the role and we hope you will welcome him to our team.

I am sure you all join me in wishing Fareed and Abdulkhaliq every success in the future.

Ahmed Al Hammadi
Acting President and Chief Executive

Che Guevara
14th Mar 2007, 15:17
Hola camaradas

Well that's two down, any more to come or is that just wishful thinking? :confused:

¡Buena suerte!

Icarus
14th Mar 2007, 15:52
Strongly believed VPIT & VPSM not included in the "May we have your resignation please....thank you!"
Biggest rumours are VPO & VPF next; no whispers beyond that. Seems VPS and (Acting)VPHR may well have escaped.
To infinity and beyond!

left_to_first_class
14th Mar 2007, 17:46
Yes, VPO is next and VPF did submit his resignation but the board won't accept it just yet as they want to "investigate" some of his decisions which has crippled the company.

VPIT and VPMS (who was about to go to EY) not effected.

VPS - 50/50 at the moment.

MikeHunt
14th Mar 2007, 18:43
As if VPS was worth my 2 p's I am throwing in here.

VPS should go and take some heads starting with that blond liar from cabin crew.

ironbutt57
15th Mar 2007, 05:12
Looks like things are changing...http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=172892&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29360

wbpilot
15th Mar 2007, 07:41
Something should be done to end this mess.

Stratosphere6000
15th Mar 2007, 08:08
This is what should have been done a long time ago, but anyway it's never too late. Very positive steps GF are taking at the moment. Exciting times ahead...

tbaylx
15th Mar 2007, 09:36
It's all talk until it actually changes..i'm not holding my breath. I hope for Bahrain's sake that they are actually serious and have the political wasta to make it happen, would be interesting to see what the airline could be if it was run responsably.

jimmyhagendas
15th Mar 2007, 10:23
:D Exciting times ahead.
VPO might be on my next month roster.... BKK...??? :}

MikeHunt
15th Mar 2007, 16:02
Not a VP but Badr, that waste of space who makes model airplanes, beefcake @rse should also go, how did he ever get back into the pink palace after the info he leaked to EY? God forbid him taking any position here, they don't get more uselesss than he does! Let alone become a CEO as commented in a recent newsletter!:eek:

fab40
15th Mar 2007, 16:56
To give Bader Model his due, and luckily for commercial airlines, in the recent newsletter he did mention that he wanted to be the President of model airplanes!! :ugh: :ok:

MikeHunt
15th Mar 2007, 17:50
God help anyone that would have to work with such an ingenious yet infamous lazy tosser. Building model airplanes and running an airline is two different kettles of fish. Trust him to be such a communicator when in real life he mutters his way through oblivious stupidity, defaming the airline at every corner.

I say sack the meatsack fagget do I hear anyone there? let him go suck on a lemon in Abu Dahbi where i doubt JH would want him after he gave him the sack here!:cool:

awss2
15th Mar 2007, 17:56
I say give him a lollipoop!:}

MikeHunt
15th Mar 2007, 17:58
:ooh: Go bader go!:E

jimmyhagendas
16th Mar 2007, 15:00
would enjoy seeing the whole (f.....g liars) housing department get sacked by dawn the 2nd of april.
A major contributor for staff leaving.
:mad:

jimmyhagendas
16th Mar 2007, 15:09
Would enjoy seeing the housing department walk the plank with T...q first in line....

ironbutt57
17th Mar 2007, 03:12
It's starting to happen folks:ok: http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=173072&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29362

hot tuna
17th Mar 2007, 03:45
Anyone know when GF will start to recruit Pilots.

ironbutt57
17th Mar 2007, 03:56
They have been for some time now..apply online..:ok:

hot tuna
17th Mar 2007, 04:20
Doesn't appear on the GF careers website as a current vacancy.

ironbutt57
17th Mar 2007, 05:09
http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/gulfair/YourCareer.aspx?pageid=89 try here...

Sal-e
17th Mar 2007, 08:37
Looks like it's happening a lot faster than anyone envisaged. Matters not, just lets keep up the optimism and hope for better directions by better leaders. Good luck all involved.

tbaylx
17th Mar 2007, 14:40
Call me a pessimist, but i remember a very similar story last year. Gulf Air to get x# of millions of BD injected, iminent fleet renewal etc etc....and nothing happened. Bahrain owning the airline is a great step, and a necessary one, it's been a bitter divorce process over the last few years and GF has suffered for it. Lets see how long it actually takes to implement change.

and for IB sake i hope the rumours of 747 are false...have you seen him trying to climb the stairs into the 76? imagine if he had to do another set up to the flight deck...:hmm:

ironbutt57
17th Mar 2007, 14:50
May the tundra cows of thunder bay forever inhabit your dreams..

Spirit
17th Mar 2007, 15:04
But if we should indeed get the -400, his Milwaukee-wheelchair could reel right in, through the upperdeck-door :p

hot tuna
17th Mar 2007, 20:39
IB57,

Thanks for the reply. However, the GF careers website clearly indicates no vacancies at present.

Cheers, HT.

Direct Entry
At present most Gulf Air Pilots are recruited through the Direct Entry Pilot Scheme. This programme is only for those who already have licences and flying experience in the commercial aviation industry. Within this programme, both non type-rated and type-rated Pilots are recruited.
Recruitment Process (http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/gulfair/OurProcess.aspx?pageid=82) Career Development (http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/gulfair/YourCareer.aspx?pageid=91)

Current Positions

(There are no vacancies at the moment)