PDA

View Full Version : james bond licence to kill dauphin stunt

bell222
13th Mar 2007, 16:30
not sure if this has been posted before but i was wondering if the dauphin could winch down mr bond then attach the small plane and continue in flight or was this just 007 fantasty :) thanks in advance :confused:

B Sousa
13th Mar 2007, 18:40
Happens all the time. Why, I remember landing on the back of a 747 once. Colder than hell at 37,000 feet, rotors were slapping.............

Then I woke up.

g-mady
13th Mar 2007, 18:57
How much does a plane like that weigh?

What is the max for a whinch cable of that sort?

cptjim
13th Mar 2007, 21:22
I remember seeing the making of that film and they used a mock up plane for when you see the Dauphin hauling it through the air. The scene where you see Tim Dalton hanging from the winch was filmed on a scaffolding rig with the Dauphin in a hover. However, the scene showing Bond being winched down from a distance is a stuntman.

Regards

Jim :ok:

bell222
13th Mar 2007, 23:08
thanks for the replies just wondering if it could be done for real :confused:

g-mady
14th Mar 2007, 10:42
err hmmm... No!

Avnx EO
14th Mar 2007, 20:58
Adds to the list of ridiculous Bond helicopter stunts..... can't even remember the titles anymore... But you've got the motercycle chase through some Asian setting, and they come after him with an A-Star pitched so far forward that the blades are inches from the ground, and the helicopter slowly works its way towards Bond. ..... Then you've got the one in Cuba where he's on the side of a radio tower and he leaps onto the skid of an A-Star that comes within feet of his position on the tower.:ugh:

...... Mais Pierre, where do zee rotors go?

Spheriflex
15th Mar 2007, 18:26
If I remember correct; when you look closely, the FW is sling loaded under the Dauphin... Pretty clever guy this mister Bond, being winched down, installing the sling equipment, catching the plane and continueing by parachute! :D