PDA

View Full Version : We think GD is bad now.

badboiblu
13th Mar 2007, 08:31
So we all think GD is a %$#@hole now.
What will he be like when the APA deal falls over,
and he looses his bribe....sorry, bonus that he deserves.:{

chode1984
13th Mar 2007, 08:35
Still an As*hole

tail wheel
13th Mar 2007, 08:59
Careful now! :=

If you wish to discuss/debate the current doubt over the APA deal, go ahead.

We understand your frustration, however I would prefer not to see personalities and profanities in the same sentence.

Thanks! :ok:

Torres
13th Mar 2007, 09:08
I'm intrigued - or are words cheap?

A majority of Australians have indicated in Polls that they do not approve of the privatisation of Qantas - but won't put their hands in their pockets and buy a minimum number of Qantas shares in protest?

I don't profess to understand the share market but it appears to me that if a majority of that "majority" of Australians who oppose the APA deal were to buy the minimum number of shares, the deal would be dead?

Or of course, if the deal did succeed, they would make a reasonable short term profit based on the current share price?

The same could perhaps be said of the 36,000 plus Qantas employees?

Angle of Attack
13th Mar 2007, 11:22
Yeah when the deal doesnt go through the shares may drop overnight but hey thats why a few major stakeholders are holding out and asking for more, in the long term they can see a greater profit than the initial one off APA is offering now. Interesting times, and it won't go through at the current price thats a given. :ok:

Keg
13th Mar 2007, 13:41
Torres, my mother in law still thought that QF was owned by the government! I suspect that she's not alone in that belief. :eek:

It could explain why people aren't buying shares in the place though. I'll consider it though if the deal doesn't go through this time!

lowerlobe
13th Mar 2007, 20:02
Keg,
Thats a point to consider.If the deal falls on it's ear and the share price goes south in the short term it may be be prudent to buy some....

OneDotLow
13th Mar 2007, 22:05
If the APA bid falls through, hopefully he will do what he should have done years ago.... the carnt sould pi** off and die!
****NOTE**** The above comment does not contain both 'personalities and profanities' as per tail wheels requirement... therefore you may read into it however you wish...
But im sure we all agree...
:ugh:

hoss
13th Mar 2007, 22:14
tail wheel,

"We understand your frustration, however I would prefer not to see personalities and profanities in the same sentence."

Then how does this sound?

Geoff Dixon is the CEO of Qantas Airways Limited. There is a considerable amount of Qantas staff who consider the CEO an ass..le;) .

lowerlobe
13th Mar 2007, 22:30
Years ago there was an argument between a capt and a csm on board.It was so long ago I can't remember what the argument was about but...

The csm said to the capt "What would you do if I called you a c@#*"

The capt replied "I would stand you down and have you paxed home for a disciplinary hearing"

The csm then said "Well what would you do if I thought you were a c@#*"

The capt replied "I can't do anything about what you think"

The csm then said "Well capt I THINK your a c@#*"

I know what most of us are thinking but let's keep names and expletives as far apart as possible or try and not use names at all.We all know or have a fair idea of what we're talking about

Ultralights
14th Mar 2007, 06:53
after managing a super fund and trading stocks for 10 yrs 1 thing i have noticed.., general consensus is, when it comes to takeovers, there is ALWAYS more than 1 offer.. ie the first offer is never taken...
AKA Stock Arbitrage...
just like any negotiation, you start with a high or low figure knowing you will end up in the middle somewhere. just like a pay rise claim, you ask for 8% knowing full well that wont be accepted and you will end up at 5% or thereabouts..
thats why i was really surprised to see QF directors say YES on the first :ugh: this immediately highlighted why they are a great take over target..

aircraft
14th Mar 2007, 09:15
Those posters that have to call him names need to grow up.

He is just doing his job and in my opinion, doing it very well. If Ansett had the management that Qantas have, they would probably still be around today.

He is well remunerated but you will find that to be the case for almost every executive in his position.

Grow up.

Welcome back, P-A-F.

domo
14th Mar 2007, 09:20
thats why i was really surprised to see QF directors say YES on the first this immediately highlighted why they are a great take over target..
first offer was $5.50 with conditions
second offer next day $5.60 some conditions removed

real offer $5.45
thats my divident you robbers

Enema Bandit's Dad
14th Mar 2007, 10:05
aircraft you're back! I thought you and daddy Sunfish must have gone away on a holiday using his Qantas frequent flyer points or something. :bored:

Truckster
14th Mar 2007, 10:18
You guys had better leave Aircraft alone. There are laws against child abuse you know.:}

lowerlobe
14th Mar 2007, 11:18
aircraft....Did you find out what jetstar Asia is?

So then how do you explain Darths expertise when that division of Qantas is hemorrhaging so badly.Yeah he's worth his money