PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air To Replace Ageing Fleet

Stratosphere6000
13th Mar 2007, 08:03
http://www.bahraintribune.com/ArticleDetail.asp

Article in this mornings Bahrain Daily Tribune. Also note no indication of Oman pulling out.

ironbutt57
13th Mar 2007, 09:32
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=172603&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29358 here it is:confused:

sec 3
13th Mar 2007, 10:25
Howdy IB, I could see you riding high in the saddle of a jumbo!:ok:

ironbutt57
13th Mar 2007, 10:27
It's in the GDN...it MUST be true!!!!!!!!!:} :hmm:

Speedbrake Lever
13th Mar 2007, 10:31
Well Jumbo's it is then

can't afford the new fancy stuff so a few " raw data"

NDB APPROAHES on the -100 -200 will do us fogies just fine

who needs Magenta after going across that wonderful piece of the planet

Wonder where the courses will be held ??? :confused:

S.L.

ironbutt57
13th Mar 2007, 10:40
reckon the best place for class is the BYC..then sim briefings at Fiddler's :} sure the new incoming HOFST will have it sorted in short order...

Panama Jack
14th Mar 2007, 03:58
I almost fell off my chair this morning when a friend of mine asked me about this:

Mr Al Hammadi said Gulf Air needed to replace nine of its aircraft with new Boeing 747s, as well as order an additional 25 aircraft - either Boeings or Airbuses.

Gulf Daily News Article (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/arc_Articles.asp?Article=172603&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29358)

What a Gulf Air 747 may look like in the current livery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFiPjjqof0)

Becassine
14th Mar 2007, 04:06
This VP finance, acting CPE is a joke !

gulfboy
14th Mar 2007, 05:31
Hi, P.J.

You will have noticed that the article says "NEEDS TO....".
Well, GF also NEEDS TO replace most of it's "management", fix hundreds of broken things that affect pax and cabin crew on the 330s and 340s (lavatories, seating, IFE, lighting, temperature controlls.....), sort out issues concerning staff welfare etc.
NEEDS TO, but they wont.
No money will be allocated to GF. As if the board would aprove any such thing. They want their First Class travel, priority everything for themselves and their cronies. They want, want, want and take things away from staff and in the end also pax. Cut backs galore and CC have to apologize to genuine pax why they can not have this or that. Of course when any so-called VIP (= board members and mistresses) are travelling DOUBLE everything is provided and 35 ground staff are descending on the aircraft to show how swell everything is.
They will not aprove anything that would cost them an extra Fil.

Incidently, one of the Aussies put me onto this site, if you'd like to see a GF-747 in it's whole glory....

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/photo_search.php?id=00001116

Panama Jack
14th Mar 2007, 05:33
Looks slick. Let's get 2 dozen of them!

Sal-e
21st Jul 2008, 20:09
This thread was posted more than a year ago and not much is changing...except that we are slowly replacing the aging fleet....with another aging fleet!!!

Capt Hair Y Balls
21st Jul 2008, 20:30
Want new planes? Go to EK, EY or QR mate, not much hope of it here

Sal-e
21st Jul 2008, 23:08
I like this old bed that I've made thanks. GF still a better company, even with the old planes.

Che Guevara
22nd Jul 2008, 15:23
There is far more to life and indeed our job than big new airplanes, sometimes pilots miss this!
What would you prefer for the same money, a Caravan on floats in the Caribbean or a nice shiny new A-340....

Chao

Sal-e
22nd Jul 2008, 15:32
Caravan anyday.

ironbutt57
23rd Jul 2008, 02:51
Ditto on the caravan.....:ok:

fire wall
23rd Jul 2008, 02:56
Can I have the 340 on floats in the Caribbean ?

ironbutt57
23rd Jul 2008, 04:07
Haha then it really would look like an albatross trying to take off..:eek:.and I don't mean the Grumman kind either:}

Lets see...take the 2 321's...saw the wings off outside the main gears...seal the fuselage..take the engines and hang 'em on the 340 wings.(6 engines for amphib long haul)..and have Gamco sort out some struts and side braces and mount the 340 on top of the whole mess...presto!! There you have it..a-340 amphibian:ok:

Jockofthebushveld
23rd Jul 2008, 08:59
Sal-e , so I take it you worked for EK to say GF is still the better company.

Sal-e
23rd Jul 2008, 18:35
Jock,
no I haven't worked for EK. The fact that it's a much bigger company already convinced me what I prefer.
I like the fact that GF maintains it's human interface between all the departments, in particular the fleet office and the pilots. I do not like the idea of corresponding with departments through a computer and possibly never ever seeing the face of whoever I'm dealing with.
No doubt EK is a well organised company (others will beg to differ) but my personal preference is being with a company where you know all the pilots you're flying with by name and having a chief pilot who also knows all the pilots by name and indeed supports them.
If anything, all GF needs are new planes. That is coming soon.

Tziganul
11th Aug 2008, 13:18
hey guys

read a lot of threads on GF and all seem to say how bad management is and how broken the airplanes are. If anyone is from the inside, can you pls give some info on the pay of the f/o's. Thanks :)

Flygulfair
13th Aug 2008, 00:36
Gf has just leased 5 new aircraft!

</title> </head> <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"> <div align="left"> <table border="0" width="1000" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="table1"> <tr> <td valign=top> <div align="lef (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=226033&Sn=BUSI&IssueID=31145)

boiler
13th Aug 2008, 04:00
Not new, but used. As mentioned before, they are about 5 years old on average. The A319 belonged to Skybus I think while the A330s belonged to ME.

repapips
13th Aug 2008, 18:56
And i thought everybody in the M.E. is flying their assess off till they get sick...

Where are they gonna get the people to crew these planes?

repapips
13th Aug 2008, 18:59
On second thought... if EY can get 100 new aircraft...what's GF's 5?

Che Guevara
14th Aug 2008, 14:59
repapips
For what its worth, they are getting 5 in the next few months and they have another 50 on order.
Go for EY EK QR etc., if you want big, bearing in mind that bigger is not always better....have to agree with Sal-e here, the 'human interface' is important for some of us, not the airline size or airplane.

Good luck

repapips
15th Aug 2008, 12:24
Likewise Che, likewise!

I'd also go for "human interface" compared to bigger airlines... I like it also when the Chief Pilot knows me & everybody else knows each other. I know how people become "strangers" in a big airline like EK.

I'm not against the size of any airline. Was just wondering where they would get the pilots to fly their aircraft at the rate they're going nowadays. They produce more aircraft than they can pilots, last I checked...

Thanks Che. Good luck to you too!

MaffiFaloos
16th Aug 2008, 09:01
More aircraft on the way, excellent news. Who is going to fly them??? We are struggling as is with days off cancelled and guys called from leave. I also understand Mr Naf wants more hours out of the pilots, what are we supposed to do fly one with each foot.

Joking a one side a serious reality check is required at the top in the pink palace, the work force, or at least those who actually do any work, are under severe pressure right now and as we all know if you keep ramping this up we'll be reading catastrophic headlines when a link in the chain breaks.

One lives in hope that for once sense will prevail !!