PDA

View Full Version : CHC Global Interview Process

heligodfather
13th Mar 2007, 01:41
Just curious if I could get some info on what to expect during the interview and where does a new hire train. Where are they sent for a first hitch etc. Also when do you get placed on payroll. Thank you.

spinwing
13th Mar 2007, 01:53
Expect ......

Psych testing ...
Lotsa questions ....
lotsa waiting ...

THEN ...all expenses paid trip to ..... NIGERIA :{

:E :ok:

Teefor Gage
13th Mar 2007, 08:16
Also when do you get placed on payroll

I think you actually mean Parole........

Heli-Ice
13th Mar 2007, 09:09
Can any of you here give some info about good books and material to read to prepare for the psych testing? I am mostly thinking about books that explain what the testing is about and how it is built up.

Spinwing

What are the subjects included in the "lotsa questions"?

BaronG
13th Mar 2007, 10:23
There is info already on here about this, but ... well .... ok.

1) Psychometric testing

Checks your brain is working properly. There are books on the topic - I looked at several but none of them were like the actual tests.

Since all the tests have a visual element and some an audio element, it is difficult to explain in words what they are/were like.

2) Psychologist interview

I thought this was quite a nice experience, some of the others who did it at the same time didn't enjoy it much.... Many thought the questions asked were too personal - I didn't mind them at all. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

In the end though, no one failed on the basis of this interview when I was doing it.

3) Simulator Test

Who knows when this part comes! Some insist on an IR first, others on a JAA IR while some send people with no IR to do it.

Anyway, they get you to fly around on instruments and do an IR approach and auto. There is a second crew-member so you have some help on standby if you need it.

Quite good fun actually - if there wasn't a job riding on it ;)

Overall the test process isn't really that hard if you're at least averagely intelligent and emotionally stable. For those that aren't, no amount of prep is going to help and I wouldn't want them in the aircraft with me!

When I did it, everyone else seemed to know more about what was coming test wise than I did, but that didn't seem to help them much...

So I would say the best prep is to relax and be yourself, maybe do a few mental agility puzzles from the newspapers/mags just to get your brain working and enjoy the process.

BG.

Variable Load
13th Mar 2007, 11:29
BaronG, the question was about the CHC Global interview process, not the CHC Europe process which you've described so well. The two are very different!

Just adding clarity...no criticism intended:ok:

BaronG
13th Mar 2007, 12:34
Ahh my profuse apologies - read Global, saw Europe :)

BG.

Heli-Ice
13th Mar 2007, 12:41
BaronG

Thank you sir for your reply.

I share your thoughts on the best way to prep for the test. Relax and be your self.

I have gone through a similar test once before and I think that you are spot on BaronG.

Good times are coming....

heligodfather
13th Mar 2007, 13:37
Do they really send rookies to Nigeria?:sad:

unstable load
13th Mar 2007, 13:42
That depends entirely on your license coverage and whether you are prepared to go there. You do have the option to refuse to go there and I think it should not affect you TOO negatively if you did.
As much as they need people there, I believe they realise that by forcing someone to go there they are cutting a rod for their own backs.

SASless
13th Mar 2007, 14:28
It is said by those who know first hand that more than a few folks do a single rotation into Nigeria before doing a runner for other places. That would indicate the home office knows of the magnitude of the problem in manning Nigeria.

The most important thing to remember in dealing with prospective employers is to be completely honest and up front with them. Ask the hard questions of them and evaluate their responses. If they become evasive, unclear, and either get uneasy or hostile....be careful in accepting that offer.

Interviews should be a two way street.....feel free to ask questions of them. The decision to hire on someplace is just as important as deciding upon marriage as hopefully it will be a life time affair.

unstable load
13th Mar 2007, 14:36
Nicely put, SAS!