PDA

View Full Version : Will Work For FREE For A Year................

Shaikh N Hoque
12th Mar 2007, 18:54
Have my ATPL (FAA & Canadian),Flight Instructor Certificate (FAA & Canadian), Bachelor Degree in Aviation from Embry -Riddle Aeronautical University (USA).

My total time 2738, Twin 268 no type rating but willing to pay one and is anyone know any where with anyairline? where I can for FREE for a year and get some time on that aircraft?

Either B 737NG,A320 or ATR

Thank you and any help will be great.

tropical wave
12th Mar 2007, 19:35
You must be joking.Get away from here.We don't need people like you in our profession.

Shaikh N Hoque
12th Mar 2007, 20:24
I am serious................

aeromike34
12th Mar 2007, 20:38
You must be joking.......:mad: .... Or is something missing ....... :eek:

Shaikh N Hoque
12th Mar 2007, 20:55
The way I said, not jocking at all........................will do this and get some hour on type and apply to the airline...............

aileron
12th Mar 2007, 20:58
send me your cv. maybe you can clean my house and garden. :rolleyes:

ashwinrao
12th Mar 2007, 22:06
Whats this industry coming to??????
No wonder some people can't get jobs, cause guys like this are willing to...................
you know what never mind, not even worth responding ...

strummerdude
12th Mar 2007, 22:13
Hoque... What you are doing is worse than prostitution. At least they still get paid for their tricks. What you are doing drags down the profession.

rdr
12th Mar 2007, 22:38
Shaikh, it will take time and perseverance. If you know people in outfits, that will help as a kind word or two makes a difference. Stay the course and good luck.

Left Coaster
12th Mar 2007, 23:17
I wouldn't hire you...and even though you might be serious, the only job you might get would be with a type of company that really "values" you as an employee, if you get the picture. Work for money, not anything else. It's advice you should consider.

VH DSJ
13th Mar 2007, 02:54
and what are you gonna eat for 12 months? :rolleyes:

airbus2boeing
13th Mar 2007, 03:17
Stop whoring yourself. Oh wait a minute, you're a Riddle guy, nevermind.

chimbu warrior
13th Mar 2007, 03:36
I've got a better idea.

You pay for MY type rating instead, on say a B744, and I'll work for years for money. You just stay home and relax, or bum around at the beach or games arcade.

That way you won't wear yourself out for nothing.

Mogas
13th Mar 2007, 05:36
Shaikh N Hoque (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=120706)

You realize the problem here is pilots are willing to do the job for low pay or.................free!

That's why companies take advantage of pilots by paying them low and treating us lower than dirt.

If you can go for a year without pay, why don't you take all your money, buy yourself a type-rating and start applying.

Mind you I dont think anyone is gonna hire you without time on type (for a "heavy" type rating).

Check out this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RayMaswju1A

HurryUp&Retire
13th Mar 2007, 06:02
What is wrong w you man? Fly for free...?Where are you pulling this from??? How about you do what everyone else does, go to a regional build time and then apply to a major.

But what ever you do, DO NOT BRING THE INDUSTRY DOWN, by working for free.

australiancalou
13th Mar 2007, 07:40
In my country (France, dispite the nick name) it is strictly forbidden to work for free as it is specified in the working law that no one can be paid differently for the same job...unless everybody work for free:}
I personally would give my longhaul Captain position to a guy working for free instead of me if I keep my salary at home. That could be called job sharing:rolleyes:

cruisercruiser
13th Mar 2007, 10:11
This is really happening in some parts of the world?? Doesn't look very promising from a wannabe's point of view.

MelbPilot85
13th Mar 2007, 11:46
Shaikh N Hoque, you are an absolute W@nker. Pull your head in!

gb777
13th Mar 2007, 12:05
Why only a year?

Mogas
13th Mar 2007, 17:29
Are you rich?

airbus2boeing
13th Mar 2007, 23:50
Are you rich?

No, he's just dumb.

sir.pratt
14th Mar 2007, 00:04
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2300973&postcount=1
posted by this clown over a year ago.....i see his hours have actually reduced.

question for Shaikh Hoque, how do you intend on supporting your young family while you're working for free?

M1911
14th Mar 2007, 00:21
no he is not rich, he is full of ****!!!! whoring himself out we dont want your kind in Asia.

Mogas
14th Mar 2007, 00:38
M1911, are you a pilot in Asia?

M1911
14th Mar 2007, 00:57
still training in canada

wastafarian
14th Mar 2007, 00:58
troll allert

woop woop pull up!

moonball
14th Mar 2007, 01:09
I can't believe that this guy is for real. Let alone post this type of :mad: on the forun and expect to get some positive feed back.
Problem is, he/she is probably never worked a day in their life and just feeds of Mummy and Daddy's credit card. And even if this is not the case he/she obiviously doesn't need the money so why don't you just go out there and fly privately and leave the jobs for the people who need them.

Mogas
14th Mar 2007, 02:15
And I quote (from another Ppruner) "airlines will value you according to what you cost them, and how you value yourself.

IMO, the main reason pilot salaries are so low now compared to, say, 10-20 years ago is that pilots have been busily undercutting each other in the effort to find a job.

Let's face it - we're pilots because we love it. But airlines are now exploiting that, and us, to their own benefit. The tide is turning, however, and I strongly suggest that you go with it. Paying for training, for type ratings etc. is, I think, on the way out. Airlines are beginning to realise that they need to recruit the best people, not those most able to pay for training.

You need to take a reality check. Firstly, there are a lot of pilots out there younger than you and more experienced than you. That is what people are going to look at first. At your age, you are unlikely to find your way into a command of a piece of sexy, heavy machinery. You need to be prepared for meeting a lot of disappointments along the way. I think you need to lower your sights considerably.

If you want to fly in the Carib/LatAm region, you will find no shortage of people willing to steal the shirt off your back and then sell it back to you. They don't need any encouragement from you to do so.

I strongly suggest, without wishing to sound (or be) insulting, that you don't make a prostitute of yourself. Go for it, but don't ever sell yourself (or your colleagues) cheaply."

PosClimb
14th Mar 2007, 02:59
A few points in the OP's defense:

1. Working for free... paying to work for free... is largely a result of the fact that the supply of wannabee's vastly outstrips the number of vacancies available. Want to improve the situation? Restrict the pilot supply. Cut the number of CPL's issued each year in half and the situation for pilots would improve dramatically.

2. People work for free in all sorts of industries to get ahead. It's somewhat common in the legal profession.

3. Buying a type rating/working for free is like an investment... Working for free for a year might cost your $50,000 out of your pocket, but at the end of the day if it leads to a well paid job you'll be ahead. It's really not that much different than spending $50,000 to buy a business. Short term sacrifice for long-term gain.

4. A very significant percentage of pilots in the US work for very low wages... what's the difference, in practical terms, between working for $17,000 or less per year and working for free? If you have a family, you're in the hole either way unless you have other sources of income.

5. You shouldn't use the term "prostitutes" to describe pilots who work for free. Prostitutes don't work for free. Are legal interns prostitutes too?

6. The OP has somewhat credible qualifications. Why does he need to work for free in the first place. I can see a 200 hour pilot doing it, but not an ATPL.

Mogas
14th Mar 2007, 03:18
You're right a prostitute does not work for free. Because they get paid. However a slut... we can figure the rest out.

If people want to work for free to get ahead, then companies will continue taking advantage of the individuals how ever way they want right? Low pay, poor benefits(if any)...

Gents, put yourselves in a situation, would you PAY for a good looking prostitute or get a FREE decent looking slut from the nightclub (Im talking disease-free)? In whatever case I have more respect for the prostitute cause she's actually working for money and probably a family to support. A slut....is just ASKING to take advantage of.

Gday don't mean to insult any females in this forum, just tryin to make a point

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!!!!!

Wooooooooooooo!!! We need some MOGAS!!!!

Luke SkyToddler
14th Mar 2007, 08:18
Shaikh mate I aint going to add my voice to the chorus of condemnation, but think about it for a second.

If it was the accountants that determined who to call for interview, I'm sure your approach would have got you a job by now. But think about who it actually is that reads the CVs and calls them for interview, it's not the accountant it's the senior pilot / chief pilot.

Now while nobody gets to be chief pilot without making a few unpopular decisions from time to time, I have generally found them to be firmly on the side of the boys when it comes time to negotiate pay rises / improved terms and conditions for the pilots with the rest of the management bean counters. Partly because pay rise for all the pilots = pay rise for themselves, partly because they are going to be the ones who take a hammering from the line pilots when the board makes them go back there with the bad news, and partly because they tend to still view themselves as a pilot first and management second, and as you've seen from the barrage of slagging off you've just received, as a group we tend to try and look after our own and are highly resistant to anything we see as damaging to terms and conditions industry wide.

In my experience of working for entry-level operators, it was actually quite common to receive covering letters from people offering to work for free ( and/or fund their own type ratings at an employer that was known to provide them as part of the training ) and in my experience there was only one place that those CVs got filed - straight in the bin, usually with a torrent of expletives following them. Like I say, if it was the accountant that made those decisions about who to call for pilot interview, no doubt you'd be sitting up there in some flight deck right now. The fact that you have all those hours and you are in fact still looking - basically what I'm saying is that you are doing yourself more harm than good, for every door you might open at an airline through this approach, I'd say there are at least 5 others that slam tightly closed.

At the very least, trying to advertise your unpaid services on a professional pilot's forum is called 'asking for trouble' I believe :rolleyes:

GlueBall
14th Mar 2007, 08:54
. . . come on boys and girls; no need to **** all over yourselves. :rolleyes:

4PW's
14th Mar 2007, 17:26
Un-glued individual looking for work.

Best to keep him away from any and all flight decks.

What else is there to be said?

Perhaps I might add that he wants to succeed, like all of us.

In that, however, there are no secrets to success, apart from hard work and learning from failure.

I hope you have learnt from the failure of the last two years, Sheikh, and from this lame attempt at work.

Selling yourself is not the same as putting in the dedication, hard work and discipline necessary not only to succeed but to have respect for yourself along the way.

Good luck in your quest to better yourself, just don't sell yourself in the meantime.

PicMas
15th Mar 2007, 12:28
Shaikh, I seriously suggest you stay out of aviation.
Your questions on here, and on other BB's (ilsapproach.com) combined with the fact that you claim to have a degree from Riddle and nearly 3,000hrs, contradict your apparent lack of knowledge. If you are that thick-skulled it is not just a matter of paying your way forward, maybe you should see this as an indication that you don't belong in this business.
Tough words, I know, but what do you expect when you post a question as idiotic as the original post here? You lack a fundamental understanding of the business.
I have answered your questions on many occasions, about DAT ATR T/R and simple things, which you as an instructor and holder of degree should be aware of, like "what is MCC and what is ME IR"

Save your money and leave the business for those with just a little bit of integrity left, if you don't want compensation for flying it is not a job - it's an expensive hobby, leave it at that.

Mogas
15th Mar 2007, 15:38
"Your questions on here, and on other BB's (ilsapproach.com) combined with the fact that you claim to have a degree from Riddle and nearly 3,000hrs, contradict your apparent lack of knowledge. If you are that thick-skulled it is not just a matter of paying your way forward, maybe you should see this as an indication that you don't belong in this business.
Tough words, I know, but what do you expect when you post a question as idiotic as the original post here? You lack a fundamental understanding of the business."

NO ONE WANTS TO HIRE HIM. THATS WHY HE HAS TO WORK FOR FREE!

El Lobo Solo
17th Mar 2007, 23:06
My money is on this being total flamebait. There aren't too many people stupid enough to post this crap if it's real.

However, it does bring up many issues that are problematic in our industry. When there is a glut of applicants for a small amount of jobs, it puts employers in the position to take advantage of the employees. By saying you'd work for free, or for less than the guy at you prospective employer, you are justifying the further decrease in salaries and benefits.

Sadly, the unions don't stand up for members nearly as much as they should. How would it be if the local police department suddenly decided to cut pay by 30% and eliminate retirement benefits? Would the local population or the union stand for that? No. Why is it that this is acceptable in the airline industry? Take a huge pay-cut, get furloughed, start over on probation at your next job, lose your pension. This is not a good career.

What no one seems to remember until you see an airbus or Q400 making a landing with no nose gear on the news, is that we are the ones that ensure the safe travel of hundreds people on each flight that we operate. Should we not be compensated for this?

Until the day that the wannabes stop offering to do our jobs for free and guys stop saying that they do this job because "they love it", these problems will continue. How about some perspective here, people? It is a JOB. You should be treated and paid like the professional you are. Not like a schoolboy with a hard-on for shiny airplanes.

Who screws pilots worse than management? Pilots do.

tie domi
19th Mar 2007, 17:10
look you stupid,stupid boy go to the North or west earn your wings like a man should,do not attempt to corrupt the corrupted mandarin in the aviation business.You either have rich parents or need of medical treatment.As a 744 pic I will toss you off the a/c.

Cruiseclimb
19th Mar 2007, 17:50
If this guy will do this to get ahead.. He's also the type who will do anything for the company management to get ahead... Can't be trusted.

ABX
19th Mar 2007, 22:45
SNH, you are a bit thick mate, in fact you are so dense that probably have your own gravitational field.

Think about it for a second and you will see my point:

If an airline had so few morals that they would hire you free for a year, what would stop them hiring someone else for free when your year is up and throwing you back out on the street?

Anyway, you haven't replied to your thread for a while, I suspect that you have ducked and run for cover.

purple head
20th Mar 2007, 07:13
Come on guys, just ignore this thread and let it die the death it deserves!!:ok: