PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Departure

the dean
12th Mar 2007, 10:37
hi folks,

have a 6 am dublin departure coming up...and travelling with an 85 year old...so want to make things as painless as possible...

can anyone tell me for a saturday departure is the airport very busy at that time..?

would i need to allow say an hour and a half or the full two hours for check in and security...?

its just that i have quite a long drive to do beforehand and like i say i'm just trying to minimise the hassel factor.

thanks in advance for any help.:ok:

the dean.

The_Bean_Counter
12th Mar 2007, 10:47
Check-in is not the major issue, the big problem is the mess that exists at the security screening area. One security area opens early but the second does not open until 5am. Despite the fact that the second area is due to open the Passengers Friends in Pink insist that you join the 400+ queue at the other end and once you have entered this queue it can be hard to exit it. I recently travelled through on a Saturday am and having been directed to the other end of the building, joined the other queue initially, decided to go back to the second area which had just opened and had a pain free journey through but anyone who had been there at 4.55 spent 40 minutes plus in the other queue and struggled to get to the gate.

the dean
12th Mar 2007, 10:54
ok thanks for that...so what would you say...allow hour and half ?.

i assume boarding at 0525 / 0530

dean.

gaelgeoir
12th Mar 2007, 10:55
The Dean,

Living as you do in "10W" it's incredible to think that there are no options available to you from either Knock or Shannon Airports. It's probably too late for this trip but you should really check the huge choice now available from these West of Ireland gateways. Apart from the horrendous drive you're going to endure, car-parking, check-in, security queues and general ease of use at Knock or Shannon won't take years off your life, as your Dublin experience is bound to! Best of luck!

the dean
12th Mar 2007, 11:12
tell me about it...still hope RYR will do canaries from the west at some stage..but for the moment...something is something...

the dean.

the dean
12th Mar 2007, 14:20
rodger that romeo bravo...good advice..:D .

i'll go for that..:ok:

dean.

apaddyinuk
13th Mar 2007, 15:12
I arrived at DUB at 5am last Sat and it was BEDLAM as a result of rugby fans going for the match. However despite the Pier B/C security queue snaking at least 7 times and extending all the way back and snaking again where the old Bank Of Ireland used to be it actually only took about 15 minutes to get through!!!! I think they are slowly getting their act together and the security staff seem a tad friendlier than before!

the dean
14th Mar 2007, 16:21
thanks for that ''paddy''.:ok:

i hate to do it but i think with an 85 year old...who is quite mobile...i will pay for priority boarding just in case we arrive late at the gate...down that half mile long corridor which is painful....

dean.