PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Wannabees (threads merged)

speedsalive
12th Mar 2007, 08:46
guys any new of an upcomign cadet / second officer prgrame for non typerated and non jet experienced guys at EK / EY or QR???

cheers

Cabair351
12th Mar 2007, 14:12
Hi,
this is probably a bit premature but i am about to start an A320 type rating course and then fly 300 hours with an airline (A321). Once that is complete i will have about 600 TT. Considering this very limited experience can anybody tell me which airlines i could apply for / or which airlines would be willing to take someone with my experience on, in the Middle East?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Panama Jack
12th Mar 2007, 17:05
Unless you are a local, probably not.

ruserious
12th Mar 2007, 18:02
For EK or EY, yeah no problem lots of opportunities, as long as you are a UAE National

Hamid_27
12th Mar 2007, 20:12
D'oh

:mad: :*

speedsalive
13th Mar 2007, 10:31
theres gotta b somting positive coming up with the industry expanding..???? any info on scondofficer programs will b appreciated

cheers

ironbutt57
13th Mar 2007, 10:44
second officer programs are historically limited to local candidates, as they do require lots of training, and most training depts here are stretched to the limits as it is...try Tiger in Singapore..

Hamid_27
14th Mar 2007, 16:05
Hi all,

Would like to know what you lot in the Sand pitt think about UAE airlines getting pilots from FTO's Such as Fujairah Aviation Academy who provide both JAA and GCAA fATPL graduates? Alot of Airlines in Europe do it, with great success, so why not UAE? (with the ever increasing decrease of Pilots worldwide they aught to!:} )

ironbutt57
14th Mar 2007, 16:51
Again I suspect the training resources to train non-rated, not-jet or turboprop guys are just not available...too busy...rapid expansion, turnover blah...blah...blah....I reckon it's not too far off in the future as pilot supplies dwindle