PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Aviation - Any Info?

bigarroyo
11th Mar 2007, 12:20
Anyone worked this C208 job?

Soap Box Cowboy
11th Mar 2007, 19:23
Flying there now, what would you like to know?

bigarroyo
20th Mar 2007, 14:24
How many hours per month, hi and low season, days off, living quarters, maintainance, etc. I have been flying in Alaska. The first operator I gave my notice within a couple months and the second was fantastic. I'd like to find the right operator in Africa the first time.

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Mar 2007, 08:04
Days off are in theory once every week, depends on how many crew available. You fly between 70-110 hours a month sometimes more again all depends on how many crew, the diffrence between high and low season is slowly dimminishing, so you'll fly like mad maost of the time. Accomidation is provided to foreign hired crew, just make sure you ask for it or you might be forgotten. Maintenance we do ourselves, much better in our hanger than what else is available round here. Caravan is easy to fly, great routes lot's to see.

It's is one of the bigger if not biggest safari company in Tanzania. Pay on par with experience. And we are always looking for crew for the vans it seems.

bigarroyo
25th Mar 2007, 19:44
Please tell me about the provided accomodations and getting to and from the airstrip. Also, what is the most efficient way to convert a FAA license to a Tanzanian? Can anything be done online before arriving? And the cost and who is expected to pay. Thanks again.

AviatorJack
4th Apr 2007, 01:28
I'm moving out to Tanzania hopefully next month to find a job and I called Coastal, they said they need Caravan pilots right now but you will need the 1000TT minimum.

It definately seems you need to get out there in person to get any job though! Good Luck! :ok:

Jack