PDA

View Full Version : Baron and Chieftain Endorsements

oldschooljenko
11th Mar 2007, 12:00
Is there any where near the Gold Coast where you can get both a baron and chieftain endorsement?

jenko

halfmoon
12th Mar 2007, 05:51
I will sell you my baron endorsment for $500 and can also throw baron time for $25/hr if you want instrument thats $5/hr on top the $25/hr also have night +$5/hr.
Also available from the time bank, saab 340 type rating, turbine time, instrument, RPT time, Night.

Ricky Bobby
12th Mar 2007, 06:12
Go for a drive, FTA at YBAF have both.

Hempels also at YBAF have a Baron.

QAS at Caloundra have a Chief.

oldschooljenko
12th Mar 2007, 07:43
thanks ricky

MCKES
12th Mar 2007, 09:16
Halfmoon,
Ill take u up on that offer!!!:}

TwoTango
14th Mar 2007, 08:53
As Ricky said, FTA at Archerfield have both types, however I'm pretty sure they will only do Chieftain endorsements for their own staff members, as the aircraft is pretty much dedicated to their charter operation. Still, might be worth giving them a call and asking, just in case. On the other hand, the Baron endorsement shouldn't be a problem...

TT

DUXNUTZ
14th Mar 2007, 18:44
Talked to Westwing in Mt Isa?

morno
14th Mar 2007, 20:04
I believe the CAR 217 system at West Wing does not permit training of personnel other than West Wing employees. So no point.

morno

DUXNUTZ
15th Mar 2007, 16:58
Well they don't own all their aircraft do they? Find one, get one of their instructor pilots and presto.

OpsNormal
16th Mar 2007, 11:00
Thanks for the spruik Dux, however as morno eloquently pointed-out (as eloquently as a broke..... never mind ;) ), it wont happen with any of the WWA aircraft at this time, unless you are an employee.

As far as answering the original question I see that a well regarded organisation in PMQ has both types on their website and I believe still endorses on them. Suggest a search on pprune of "baron + instrument ratings".