PDA

View Full Version : BK-117 down in Mexico City.

VEMD
11th Mar 2007, 11:49
Blender, do you have more details about that?
I think everybody is OK. Thanks God.
http://fotos.eluniversal.com.mx/fotogaleria/wfg.html?gal=3382

widgeon
11th Mar 2007, 14:29
Amazing in mexico city you could find a space between cars to auto into.

It was not clear at first glance , but the main transmission / rotor head assy is hanging off the lh side of the helicopter. Certainly a lucky escape.

MSP Aviation
11th Mar 2007, 14:50
Five injured. Looked like everyone was lucky enough to get out.

BlenderPilot
11th Mar 2007, 15:14
I wasn't there when it happened, something crazy got into me and I quit my Agusta/Mexico City flying job for a Texas and Louisiana GOM job, I just finished my training and passed my 135 checkride yesterday! I had just always wanted to fly offshore, so far, I think the plattforms are too small!!!!!

It crashed on final, two pilots, two mechanics, seems nobody was hurt badly.

Maintenance flight, the helicopter belonged to the Phone Company, they have a small fleet of 407, AS350B3, and the BK.

Mostly used to work up in the mountains to expand rural telephony, the BK always assited in emergency situations, hence the rescue hoist.
The guy that owns the phone company is the third richest man in the World, only Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are richer according to Forbes. He used this BK for his personal transportation sometimes, which is amazing for him being the 3rd richest man in the world.

Carlos Slim, 3rd richest man in the world according to Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_Carlos-Slim-Helu_WYDJ.html)

I used to fly him up to his son's bull fight cattle ranch, he's as easy to get along with as any person, just nicer than the average.

SASless
11th Mar 2007, 16:13
Blender dear lad.....we begin to wonder why you would trade the "hangar staff" in Mexico City for a bunch of Boudreaux's in Louisana!:uhoh:

Have you taken complete leave of yer senses laddy?

BlenderPilot
12th Mar 2007, 04:16
Sasless
Blender dear lad.....we begin to wonder why you would trade the "hangar staff" in Mexico City for a bunch of Boudreaux's in Louisana!
Have you taken complete leave of yer senses laddy?

Yep. That is exactly what happened "leave of senses". Tell you how it goes for me.