PDA

View Full Version : Clubone Air and AR Airways; India

Feilong
9th Mar 2007, 20:17
Anyone have any info on this company? I am specifically interested in first hand knowledge of working environment for foreign pilots. I appreciate the help.

nascarpilot
12th Mar 2007, 02:24
I've been talking to them for a cuple of months now. At first I had a hard time getting info from my initial contact guy, but now the HR person I deal with is pretty prompt (for Indian standards) getting back to me.

I spent about an hour on the phone with one of their expat pilots. He's an Irish guy who had been flying UN flights in Africa prior to going to AR Airways. My main concern was that the company performed as per terms and conditions.

The pilot said the company paid on time (I think he said your money is wired into your account by the 7th of the month). He said if you want your money wired somewhere outside of India, that you just need to give the payroll people the wiring info each month.

I was questioning him about the "guest house" as well. He said it was equivalent to a 3-star hotel room. Basically a room with ensuite bath, cable tv with about 300 channels, and people there to do your cooking and cleaning. He said it was ok, but didn't indicate it was a Taj Mahal.

He said that several guys had discussed getting an apartment, but nobody has thus far (I'd be inclined to do it, personally). Transporation to and from the airport is covered by the company.

Apparently the pilots are flying about 70+ hours a month. I had found one bad rap on the company from somebody on another thread. That guy said the company didn't want to have pilots write up discrepancies on the airplanes and that the maintenance was ****. After talking to the guy who's actually on the ground with the company, I don't get that impression. I also believe the company is also a factory authorized Cessna Citation service center, so I have a hard time believing the claims completely.

I'm planning on accepting my offer with them unless I get a firm offer from one other company (also in New Delhi) I've been talking with. I think it'll be an adventure.

divinesoul
12th Mar 2007, 05:59
@ Nascarpilot

would u please check ur PMs.
thanks.