PDA

View Full Version : Persons on board - OMAA

Tivoli Vertigo
9th Mar 2007, 15:21
To all of you flying in and out of Abu Dhabi. It's no longer an ATC requirement at OMAA to obtain Persons on board (POB). Its been deleted from the ATIS as well. Only in emergencies we'll ask you.

Safe flying!

Panama Jack
9th Mar 2007, 16:07
Good to know, thanks! IMHO, it's that's the way it should be at all ATC facilities.

Tivoli Vertigo
10th Mar 2007, 09:36
Got your point Muttley Crew. Luckily that is taken care with our A.S.S.I.S.T. checklist, which we should consider using during emergencies:

Acknowledge
Separate
Silent
Inform
Support
Time

We need some information from you, but if the workload is high we'll get the POB from your company. We really don't care how many you are up there, we just need to know how many busses we need to direct out on the manoeuvring area :E

letMfly
11th Mar 2007, 00:15
But as long as you don't ask how many SOULS on board, I'll be happy... man I hate it when they say SOULS.
Sometimes better if they ask for ah-souls I guess.
Worked a B707 into OMAD many years ago. When asked "how many souls on board", the pilot said 517.
"Say again" I said. "
"That's 517 souls on board" said the pilot again, "well goats have souls, don't they?"
Turns out it was an Amiri flight from Pakistan bringing a livestock present from president Zia to Big Z!:)

radioexcel
5th May 2007, 11:35
Hi guys and girls.

Some you leave out but some you must add!!;)

Please tell ATC your level passing(Altitude or Flight level) on first contact...irrespective if you are inbound or departing. (ICAO and OMAA Management requirement) Controllers have been fired for not confirming this in the past.:E
This will elliminate the unneccessary request by ATC during high workload periods in the cockpit.

Safe flying

RE