PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair Movements - DXB 9th March

A300Man
9th Mar 2007, 06:29
Dragon 743 gear down and almost touching the rooftops at Al Warqaa this morning, continued out towards the desert still with gear down and at low altitude (lower than normal departing traffic), but proceeding in the opposite direction of all other traffic this morning (i.e. heading against the flow from where all other movements were landing towards the city).
Did a lap and then came back ten minutes later, overflying Warqaa again and making a hell of a noise, heading towards DXB for a landing.
My attention was drawn by his screaming as he did the initial low fly-past away from the city.
As I write this, there has been no other traffic departing or arriving for around 45mins now. Unusual for a Friday morning.
Hope all's well Dragon chaps.

Hansol
9th Mar 2007, 07:32
I saw her as well, gear down high nose attitude, could they be flying circuits/training? I hope so, very strange sight.

AirNoServicesAustralia
9th Mar 2007, 14:14
Nothing that exciting, just a fly by the tower to confirm everything was down that should be and once that was confirmed back for a landing. :ok:

Kamelchaser
10th Mar 2007, 03:40
Nothing too exciting about the lack of departures or arrivals Fri morning. there was a parachute jumping exercise that closed the airfield for 30-45mins about 1040.

A300Man
10th Mar 2007, 04:23
I see. I see. Just another day at the office, then!! Thanks for the info ANSA and Kamel. It is appreciated.

(Parachute jump for what, may I ask? Surely this isn't the new method used for the weekly import of dozens of Russian ladies into the sandpit, is it? LOL)

Fox3snapshot
10th Mar 2007, 16:13
Nah mate no combat Ruskies, but if it was trust me I would be the first to know! :E