PDA

View Full Version : EN landing fees.

Jnr380
9th Mar 2007, 06:24
Hey guys just a question regarding EN landing fees.

Im use to MB where the schools absorb the landing costs for MB (or maybe it's just the flying school im attending lol)

One question is that i was planning to do my Instructor rating at EN and i saw the break down in costs and realised that i will be charged for landing at EN plus fuel surcharge + additional landing fees.

I know its no fault of the FS but i always thought that if the business is a resident of the aerodrome it's usually exempt from Landing fees.

Is this the Fox empire making another attempt to cash in on everything???

Maybe its part of a master plan to reduce GA flying there that one day the Fox empire can turn it to a development property????

Just wondering

jnr380

Awol57
9th Mar 2007, 06:47
I wouldn't have thought business that were FBO for lack of a better term were landing fee exempt. Certainly when I was flying back at Jandakot anyone that lands there paid a landing fee. Normally the landing fee is included in the cost of hire. The company I worked for charged an hour rate plus a landing fee (in the vicinity of $18 for a 4 seater).

Perhaps MB is a one off or do other aerodromes do the same?

WilliamOK
9th Mar 2007, 07:12
The flying school I'm with doesn't include the MB landing fee in the hiring cost, but it's $7.23 for what I believe is a session of landings. Last time I flew out of EN it was something along the lines of $22 per landing. (For a PA-38)

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure of the above figures.

VH-XXX
9th Mar 2007, 07:16
The Moorabbin landing fee is based on a FULL STOP landing and it's the tower fee. Something like $7+ for a 172.

Essendon is around $23+ for the landing fee plus the tower fee so in total around $30 depending on weight.

Both airfields have airport usage agreements for the operator which are built into the hire rates, so ultimately you pay per full stop landing.

Jnr380
9th Mar 2007, 07:19
William

The EN landing fees are (these are approx):

$35 for SE
$17 for Missed App.
$44 for TE

I know flying schools wont absorb them and i dont blame them and adding them to the hourly hire will mean they'll become the most expensive FS in melbourne. But i believe that those f:mad:ing b:mad: ds (EN management)should consider giving the resident FS a discount at least. No wonder i saw a couple of Flying schools downsize operations because of this junk!

WilliamOK
9th Mar 2007, 07:25
Yeah well the flying school I was with moved out to Moorabbin, or rather merged with one out at Moorabbin, and to be honest it was probably a better idea for me to be flying out of Moorabbin as Essendon was looking to be too expensive. I agree that EN management are just being greedy, but I can see that EN might not be there for too much longer. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was re-developed.

mingalababya
9th Mar 2007, 07:54
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was re-developed.
Well, here are the plans for re-development (http://www.essendonfields.com.au/index.aspx?id=208) and the airport operations appear to be well and truely a part of those plans. :ok: Furthermore, I heard the tower is getting upgraded as well. Probably explains why the fees are so high.

WilliamOK
9th Mar 2007, 09:25
How refreshing. I guess I should stop being so pessimistic about tthe aviation industry.