PDA

View Full Version : China Southern WA

Got the horn
8th Mar 2007, 21:35
These guy's are on there way to NZ to recruit instructors. Anyone out there at the coalface who can give some general info on the place, eg how long to instruct multi, etc etc??

Thanks in advance.

(Couldn't find much on the search function!)

Got the horn
8th Mar 2007, 21:40
Oop's just had a look below, seems to be a few threads on CSWAFC.

Ta

Got the horn
13th Mar 2007, 06:38
anyone got anything further on CSWAFC? Looking at moving from current job (in the aviation industry) to full-time flying. Got 700+ hours and a bunch of instructing time. On the eastern side of the Tasman.

Ta

Bula
13th Mar 2007, 07:11
do it..... but dont hold your breath... they might not be around for many years to come

Got the horn
13th Mar 2007, 10:03
"they might not be around for many years to come"? Care to elaborate? I would've thought with the way China's airlines are expanding CSWAFC would be a stable operation?

Hugh Jarse
13th Mar 2007, 10:11
Got the horn? You better go and "Knock the top orff". That'll fix it.

Do a search, matey.:E

Bula
13th Mar 2007, 10:13
Mark my words but that may still be in a few years to come so there is plenty of time.

But realistically GO AND DO IT.. best thing I could have ever done.. hint hint

2BNASty
13th Mar 2007, 13:37
i second what Bula said. Guys leaving after 2 years for turbo prop jobs. Thats also after starting as jnr 3 instructors and progressing onto twins VERY QUICKLY. things are moving faster than any1 could have anticipated... be good to them, and they'll be good to you.
:}
2B

Aussie
14th Mar 2007, 00:30
CS had about 12 pilot resign earlier this year, so they are desperate for pilots.
Good time to apply now. :ok:

Ricky Bobby
14th Mar 2007, 03:40
A good way to gain bulk instructional hours if you want to teach. Won't have to sit around too often drinking coffee and waiting for a TIF to walk in.

Welcome back Aussie :ok:

Got the horn
14th Mar 2007, 05:17
Cheers guys, sounds like it could be a good move. Another question-what are the rules/reg's regarding teaching IFR in Oz? In NewZild you need 50 hours IFR p in c on a plan and then to be signed off by an examiner. Had a search through the CASA site but couldn't find the relevant CAO. :hmm:

Ta

Bula
14th Mar 2007, 05:37
For China southern you will have to wait for seniority. If you are a grade 1 you do not need to be examined. you magically sprout wings and possess the ability to teach IFR. Other then that it is with the approval of the CFI (from memory) and 10hrs pic on type.

Pretty sure thats it

aero979
14th Mar 2007, 05:47
yep only good things to say about china southern, though my first drive into merredin was a bit of a shock... but once working there i remembered perth is only a three hour drive away, and what an UNREAL place for a weekend!

Good aircraft, good conditions, good money and great mates... its a great place to build some hours and enjoy WA!