PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier - new aircraft

jamesarmstrong
7th Mar 2007, 08:43
I have read in a couple of other locations that Bombardier are offering serious discounts on new aircraft. As I - and my boss, I hasten to add - are about to start negotiations for a new aircraft for delivery late 08, I was wondering if anyone could provide any assistance from previous, recent, experience in the purchase of a new aircraft form Bombardier - are they really offering silly discounts from the list price?

Any heads up that can be given would be appreciated.

Stratocaster
7th Mar 2007, 09:06
This example is a few years old and I don't know if they still behave like that. At that time Bombardier was short-listed for a long range aircraft. The choice wasn't going in their direction so they came back with a silly discount.

The money wasn't the main issue but their attitude raised the question of resale value.
:bored:

jamesarmstrong
7th Mar 2007, 09:54
Thanks SC - appreciated.

hetrotrolleydolly
9th Mar 2007, 17:20
Hi,
Not sure if I can assist you but I do know a high level member of the Bombardier team here in the UK who deals with many owners and operators ,extremely helpful and I will happily pass on his details .PPM me with your contact number.

jamesarmstrong
12th Mar 2007, 10:02
Thanks hetro, just sent you a pm

mutt
12th Mar 2007, 20:07
I would say that the amount of discount available will depend on demand... At the moment, executive aircraft are at a premium, some are selling way above the market value of 1 year ago....

So do your research on the orders for the aircraft type you are seeking, if the order books are good, then the discounts will be poor.

Good Luck

Mutt

davyfella
16th Mar 2007, 14:04
I work on the production line for the Global Express, I'll smuggle you one out piece by piece, might take a while!

jamesarmstrong
16th Mar 2007, 15:57
excellent, an XRS please and if you could ensure its got a cream leather interior I am happy to wait!!

:D

mutt
17th Mar 2007, 03:32
Heard about a Global XRS being sold for $55m, last year a GEX would have gotten $49m.

Mutt

Bus_Bar
19th Mar 2007, 10:03
James, just sent you a pm.

jamesarmstrong
19th Mar 2007, 12:21
thanks, just replied

xsbank
20th Mar 2007, 01:23
If you have to worry about what they cost, you can't afford it.

Baron Von Hughes
3rd Apr 2007, 20:03
From what I know positions on XRS's are sold out until '09 or '10, their may be a few soft positions available. This is what is driving up the price, I've heard of ridiculous offers being made for earlier positions.
I know of a company in Montreal that can help you with the acquisition of an XRS, they can save you a significant amount.
Let me know if you want their contact info

alapt
6th Apr 2007, 10:19
We are in the business of buying, maintaining and managing Bombardier aircraft. If you require help with the purchase and acceptance (JAA) please drop me a line. We have done over 25 in the past 4 years.
Cheers