PDA

View Full Version : Even the Police drive like idiots

Scudsy
7th Mar 2007, 08:08
I'm not claiming to be a wonderful driver but I despair at what I see out here.
A whole family killed by a speeding and reckless POLICEMAN!
http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/03/07/dubai-cop-jailed-for-killer-smash.html
It's simply frightening. This crazy behaviour is an everyday occurance. I was driving along the Al Khail road a couple of days ago and saw another vehicle crushed by an out of control Heavy Goods Vehicle. It was massive and there wasn't much left of the saloon car. I wonder what working hour limitations are put on the drivers of these massive trucks. I've been hit by a HGV on the way to work (rear ended). We were stationary at the time but by some miracle got off lightly. There doesn't seem to be any real progress in stopping this madness. My thoughts go to those whose lives have been touched by this madness. I was lucky. As I chat to my friends many seem to be formulating plans to move there families away from this danger.

Al Fakhem
8th Mar 2007, 10:16
UAE: third-world country (when it comes to civility) with a first-world skyline

Alpha 6
9th Mar 2007, 04:40
"To SWERVE and protect":sad:

ironbutt57
9th Mar 2007, 06:43
Would you expect anything different???:rolleyes:

Oblaaspop
9th Mar 2007, 19:38
Have got a good pic of a DXB police car down a ditch, unfortunately can't work out how to get the image on here ------ stupid technology!!!!

kinnie
12th Mar 2007, 02:29
THe smash referred to on Al Khail Road involved 2 teachers from the DESS school in Bur Dubai. Not a nice one, unfortunately.

helen-damnation
12th Mar 2007, 07:06
The two teachers are not the story that's linked above.

They had been to the Flamingo viewing area at the side of the creek and were getting into their car when they were hit by some A:mad: hole who had decided to take a short cut at high speed.........

through a layby:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

This will continue to happen until .....

max AB
12th Mar 2007, 08:06
I believe (but cannot confirm) the accident was a combination of both the above, after being hit the teacher's car was then pushed into the traffic and a truck load of wood then fell on it. You can do everything right here but some idiot will find a way to get you. I hope they recover well.

ExSimGuy
12th Mar 2007, 18:08
Scudsy -You might have saved a lot of people opening the link if you had mentioned the name of the country in the title

It could have been any of the Gulf States :E

(can't comment on Oman, but I've driven, a lot, in all of the others - Still Alive!)