PDA

View Full Version : GB Airways

Candy_Girl
7th Mar 2007, 08:06
Hello everybody!!!

Just a post about GB.

I went to their open day last Saturday, had a 2-1 interview, got thru to stage 2 (Group dynamics, maths and english test), then I was told I had been sucessful (they only picked 3 people including me out of 15).:)
So I was invited to the last stage of the recruitment process, another 2-1 interview, which I went to yesterday.

I so want this job!! I am really looking forward to hear from them. Trouble is, they said it might take 7 to 10 days to get a reply in a form of a letter.

So my question is, have you guys been to the last interview with GB, if yes, how long did it take for them to tell you if you've been sucessful or not.

I know, I've only had my last interview yesterday, but this waiting is already killing.:rolleyes:

Candy_Girl
7th Mar 2007, 13:08
Oh My GOD, I am SO HAPPY!!!! I just got a call from GB saying that I got the job!!!!!!!! wayhey!!!:D

ILS26L
10th Mar 2007, 23:02
Think twice candygirl... GB isn't a very nice place to say the least!! Proof of that is the announcement of an imminent strike by the Flight Deck crew!

Mouser
10th Mar 2007, 23:12
Take no notice bird, take the job

Congratulations !!!
Some Crew have no manners := ..Enjoy your new job :ok:

BA-FLY
21st Mar 2007, 21:02
Aw congrats , i went for GB airways and made it to the end of the day but decided not to go for the interview final , however have just been offered a job with BA as cabin crew ! brilllll so maybe see you in jubilee house

xx

walshy_MAN
22nd Mar 2007, 18:14
Hey Candy girl

Im going to a recruitment and interview day with them tomorrow at Manchester Aiport. I wonder if you could help me out. Im just wondering what comes up in the maths side of the tests?

Thanks

Karl

rivalino
23rd Mar 2007, 08:57
Congratulations. There are a lot fo good people in GB. A little messy at the moment with the move but this will get sorted before to long . Keep your sense of humour and youll enjoy the job.

Ms scatty attendant
10th Apr 2007, 15:37
As a member of GB crew i would like to wish all new recruits the best of the luck. Yes everything is a bit hetic at the mo but what do u expect when u have just moved buildings. it is a lovely company to work for which is expanding. It is nice in the way that u can make lots of friends and get to know the people u get to work with including the guys up the front. where as in most airlines the flight deck dont mix with the crew that offen. :O

tiggerific_69
10th Apr 2007, 18:55
whats the basic salary & flight pay for Junior cabin crew?

loosey
19th Apr 2007, 11:04
hi all
i have an assessment day with gb airways on monday, can anyone give me a few pointers please?
:uhoh:

Hubbly
8th May 2007, 19:52
Hello ppruners...
There is a lot of rumor and specualtion that GB has been/is being sold to Excel Airways. Can anyone confirm that they have heard this, or is this another watch this space scenario?

heebeegb
9th May 2007, 05:23
no it hasn't

BOAC
9th May 2007, 07:56
Start at post#132 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3276463#post132)

HZ123
9th May 2007, 09:38
Why have they leased the 737 from XL. It seems strange having got rid of the 73's to lease one?

beauport potato man
9th May 2007, 10:44
HZ123

This is to cover a temporary shortfall in a/c numbers as airframe G-TTOA was sent back to the leasing company a few weeks ago.

I believe GB wanted it only till the end of the summer season whereas the lessors wanted it out on a 7 year lease (perhaps someone can correct me on the actual numbers here, but it was roughly that)

Hence leasing a B738 from XL for the summer.

For your info GB have another A321 arriving this month G-TTIF which'll redress the balance.

BPM

the bald eagle
9th May 2007, 17:02
Are you sure its not a fleet of A319s your going to get with brightly coloured uniforms :E :E :E :E :E :E :E

Jonboy86
10th May 2007, 15:52
I keep hearing a rumour that GB is going to be brought by BMI as they did with BMED. I'm based at LHR with BMI and this happened before anyone knew about the BMED takeover, so maybe it could be happening again???

T4Turtle
26th May 2007, 20:14
Going to SSH in October any tips from crew for a good flight? Return is at a grotesque arrival time in LGW (how do you guys cope with it?) :eek:

Jay_solo
21st Jun 2007, 05:56
I see GB airways recruiting for Gatwick now. Can anyone tell me what it is like working for them in terms of Rosters (Bidding? Swapping?), routes, Management, pay (they say £16K OTE on one website), selection process and training etc. If there are threads already, please point me in that direction, or pm me if you currently or previously worked for them. Any info would help.

Thanks
:ok:

malvin
21st Jun 2007, 06:35
http://www.gbairways.com/careers/cabin-crew/vacancies-cabin-crew/?recruitmentID=6

flyer55
22nd Jun 2007, 22:52
What is GB planning ?

Are they planning to pull out of Manchester, East Midlands and Bristol?

Jay_solo
28th Jun 2007, 05:54
Can you bid for trips, swap trips at GB? Do they use Carmen software etc?

Turroncin
29th Jun 2007, 19:17
You can put an offer to change your flights, but since all flights are the same (either a Spain, a cananies/greece or a flight so long you don't want to do it), the only thing that people want are days off - who doesn't?

GBs plans are to carry on regardless - lots of dreary charter destinations going there and back. MAN have a some new/returning flights this winter.

Jay_solo
29th Jun 2007, 19:37
how easy or hard is it to get the day off you want? So far to me it doesnt seem like there is much flexibility (i.e trip or bidding) at GB.

Stephen82
22nd Aug 2007, 12:22
Hey guys

Just wondering if any of ya know what s the GB interview like?

Thanks

Turroncin
23rd Aug 2007, 18:17
According to deserters of GB recruitment, if you can string a sentence together in English (pronunciation not necessarily an obstacle, if the PAs on a recent AGP are anything to go by), can add and subtract and don't look like you're entirely thick as two short planks - you should do fine. GB used to be very picky about crew, but then BA and VS started recruiting again so they ended up having to take on leftovers.

Lauderdale
31st Aug 2007, 09:25
Turroncin,

I have worked at GB for 10 years - your comments are unjust, unfounded and untrue.

I left GB a few years ago - but insultive comments like these still get my back up.

Me thinks an apology is in order!

:mad:

Turroncin
31st Aug 2007, 10:17
I'm sorry you are upset, but perhaps you could explain why on the recent AGP flight no one understood a word that was said on the PA by SE Asian crew member, and the purser went to the back of the plane in the meantime and started joking about it with the other two crew members in the back galley?

diesel862
31st Aug 2007, 12:40
Let hope any new cabin crew that join GB Airways are better than the idiots on the LGW-PFO-LGW that I experienced recently on 03rd-18th August.

None of us will ever fly GB Airways again.

beauport potato man
31st Aug 2007, 12:49
diesel862,

I think if yr gonna be so vocal of your bad experience with GB you should really back it up and explain what happened.

2 sides to every story and all that........

Lauderdale
31st Aug 2007, 22:00
Turroncin (however u spell it - and who cares) - maybe because your command of the English language is worse than u expect from others....

Diesel - the wording of your post says more about you than the crew you experienced on that flight (if you want to go to a low cost Charter holiday destination for your holidays on a low cost flight then maybe you should have a reality check on your expectation levels - reading your previous posts on PPRUNE I expected better from you.. apart from that, the less said the better...)

(PS Turrocin - I have reported you the admins of this site for your comments and will pursue any inflammatory or insultive comments; us in aviation should know better!)

TightSlot
1st Sep 2007, 09:14
Please would you all stop bickering. You will find it easier to make whatever point you wish to make if you do it with thoughtful and considered language, rather than that of the playground.

VS-LHRCSA
2nd Sep 2007, 07:51
Does anyone know anything about the cabin crew management positions they are recruiting for? What are they like to work for?

Also, a general querie, with staff travel, what are their entitlements? Do they get One World benefits, etc?

west lakes
15th Oct 2007, 10:59
OK sensible post
The crew of BA 6902, 15/10/07 07:30 LGW - GIB
Could someone please pass on the same to the F/D crew

& the Assistant purser in the back you know who I am:ok:

And the 6907 18/10

psrpippy
26th Oct 2007, 09:41
Easyjet to Buy GB Airways........................ Seems that none of us saw that one coming. What will happen to all the crew that they have just given interviews and jobs to? I have only flown with them a couple of times, but was always given the impression that the crew were very loyal to GB and not to BA.